1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Help me price some used parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 AM
kmacht
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me price some used parts

I found a killer deal on a bed for my 55 F100 this past weekend. With that deal I now have some old bed parts I want to sell. The problem is I have no idea what they are worth or if they are even worth anything. I am not posting them for sale here in the classifieds becuase they are too big and heavy to ship but woudl like some opinions on what stuff in similar condition has sold for.

The first thing I have is the bed itself. The problem is that it is in pretty rough condition. It had a piece of diamond plate welded in for a floor at one time and has a bunch of rust and a little rot where the floor connects to the sides next to the fenders. The metal floor could be removed and the sides sanded and repaired but it would take quite a bit of work. I also have the tailgate for it but it is in rough shape as well. There is no rot but someone decided at one point to bondo over the whole tailgate to get rid of the raised FORD letters. I have no idea why. I scrapped off what I could but it still would need to be sanded completely down. There are also a few dings and dents that would need to be pounded out. Finally I have the rear fenders for it. These are in great shape with no dents or dings but they did rot out right where the running boards connect. Again, they are repairable by welding in a patch but it would take someone a bit of work to get them useable.

What do you think? Are they worth anything or would I be better just bringing it all to the scrap yard. I live up in the northeast so finding anything that isn't rusted out is pretty hard around here.

Keith

Old 06-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Check on the going rate of scrap metal and sell them it all at that price or sell it all for the price you bought the other bed for and recoup that cost... Another option is to build a trailer for hauling crap so you don't scratch up your new bed.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
kmacht
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The price I would get for scrap value would be under $10. Steel does't sell for very much unfortuatly. I also already have a trailer so don't need that either. It would be a great start for someone building a rat rod or for someone who was using an old ford truck as a work truck. I just can't find anything comparable in the same type of condition to price it against.

Keith

Old 06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
I saw on *bay each bedside for a '49 for $100 each side & bed front part for $60...
partsdistributor1 | eBay.

A bed without fenders for $500
1953,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61 Ford Long Step Side BED | eBay

Fenders can be expensive too... $100 1953 1954 1955 1956 Ford F-100 STEEL Rear Fenders NICE | eBay