Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Senior User

KidShalene is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bought mine 'farm fresh' for $400 in '94, my son was 4 yrs old then.

Tore it down to the frame and began what I knew would be a long build, wife and kids don't mix well with what 'I wanted to build'
so 4 years later I had the frame/suspension work almost complete, Fatman IFS, Chris Alston 4-bar w/ford 9". Son was 8 yrs old then.

Then the near-project-killer struck, Divorce. Went into storage for 6 yrs while I 'paid my dues to her and the court' and got re-established.
Brought it home and started to slowly re-kindle the fire with it, but got sidetracked when I bought dirt bikes
for my son and I to ride on 'our weekends', he was 14 yrs old then.

Three years later we sell the dirt bikes and with some of his savings and a little more from me we buy him an '02 Camaro.
I fell in love with it after driving it a few times and decided I had to have one myself.
Long story made short, I ended up with an '00 Corvette as the truck waited patiently in the garage. Son was 17 yrs old then.

Had the time of my life with the vette for 3 years until some fool pulled out it front of me and long story made short again,
it got totaled. When the insurance check came in I went to the garage and had a talk with the truck, No More Waiting It's Your Turn Again Finally.
So I got to work shortly thereafter and now a couple years later it's almost all mocked up and ready for body work, paint and completion within this year I hope....and my son is now 23 yrs old.

Lesson....Life happens while you're making plans and it very seldom follows them.

If I can't fix it.....it ain't broke
Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 AM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
Beauty,= time ,+money, +sweat, +nics and cuts. So how beautiful do you want it to be?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Posting Guru

iwanaflattie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks guys them are good words.
I better get off my **** and do something.It just really overwhelming,I think about all the flaws and how to fix them and I cant sleep or cant stop thinking about it.
I guess I need to get away for a couple of days and go have fun.
I just want the truck to run good and I will worry when my son is old enough to decide what he wants to do with it.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Posting Guru

Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moe Craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie View Post
I have a small list to do but I have no idea where to start and the heat is not helping.
real reason:Im lazy.
*Need to fab a shroud
*change gaskets
*make under the hood presentable,its a chevy so it wont look pretty but I want presentable
*fix broken exhaust manifold bolt
*paint the manifold
WHERE TO START?????
Top of the list is always good! And you need to give into the darkside...
Old 06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Elder User

cruisetopdown is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.cruisetopdown is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It only took me about 4 hours to pull the front clip off (thanks to everyone's advice) and pull the flattie out.......how long could it take to get er done?
Keep after it and she will be together before you know it......as stated earlier, starting at the top of the list is a good idea.
w
Old 06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Posting Guru

fatfenders56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fatfenders56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I bought frame rails with a title in 1999, bought a Lincoln Continental donor car in 2000, do the math! It was in storage 3 years while I had medical stuff, been really hot on it about 5 years now. If there was more than 1 Father's Day per year I could get more cash "presents" and be done by now,,,,,MAYBE!!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Posting Guru

old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.
My son was 11 when he bought the project truck. We didn't start on it right away, and ended up doing other cars....then more other cars. I actually traded a project VW to my son in exchange for the truck when he was 15.

In the end it sat for 12 years behind the barn before I got serious about a project of my own!! I got serious around Thanksgiving last year. I think I might be able to get it on the road by the end of the summer. It won't be "done", but it'll be on the road. I think it'll end up being the "Winchester Mystery Truck".....if I keep working on it, it will never die.

Dan
Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Senior User

SCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to behold
I never driven her and its working on 10...11 years now? I forgot now....best not to think about it and work toward fiddling. Geezz I could work on it now instead of being on this Darn computer!!! See ya I got a panel to work on.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Senior User

Corrupt Silence is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie View Post
It just really overwhelming
You are right. That is why you try not to focus on "everything" that needs to be done. It is simply a matter of, "what is the next step, and how do I complete it?" Break it up into a bunch of small tasks that you can feel good about accomplishing. Eventually all of those small tasks and completions start to add up...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Posting Guru

kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
wow i got off lucky ..the yellow peril was parked in 91' stopped running in 2000..and she found me in 2009..half an hour to get her running..3 weeks to do the breaks and fuel tank..and started driveing...but then the 65 T-bird has been 70% done for 4 or 5 years now..I could never gather the Patience to work that long...granted the paint starts to blow off at 48 miles an hour...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Posting Guru

reed1951 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well, I started about 8-9 years ago or so. I took the truck apart and it sat for years due to no money. "Woke up" and realized that the truck I had was to far gone. So then I went on a hunt to get a better truck and sold most of the parts off of my first 51. I had the "new to me" 51 for about a year or so before I got to tearing it down. I'm a year into this one now. I'm guessing maybe another year or so I'll be done but I'm not gonna get my hopes up lol
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Glass is empty - Fill now

eman92082 has a good reputation on FTE.eman92082 has a good reputation on FTE.
2 years and counting. Good progress made.

Simple Formula:

Money for essentials X Labor Hours. Money being the pacing item.....

All we are is "Ducks" in the wind.....
Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Post Fiend

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
this is a must with any old ford to put it back together and too leep it running , so make sure you have a really good quality roll around .........................Name:  Duct-Tape.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  32.6 KB
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Posting Guru

kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
so the recurring theme is ..do not tear it apart...it will surely die....
Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Posting Guru

iwanaflattie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well I am going to buy the parts that I need tomorrow and I will star to work on her after I get back.
I want to drive it,I will get her done by thrsday.
I am getting married next week and I dont know if it will change my relationship with the truck.
Or if I will have time anymore,YES I live with the girl but you know how things change after you get hitched.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 AM