Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Oldtrucknut7077

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 02:02 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
What IS "RHUBARB", and what do you do with it?

I'm told I was born in Scranton General Hospital. I remember Rhubarb growing through cracks and anywhere there was dirt loose in Scranton and around it.

I've heard the phrase "Never rum another man's rhubarb"
~ something else too is that no one decorates a city during the holidays like they do, but it is the most GOTHIC damned place...

Wazzup with that?

The last time I was there smoke was still coming up from fires in the ground

But Rhubarb I remember from long before. It had a high sugar content? Am I right?

You could jelly it, and make a rum pot...

Old time yanks had all kinda ways to make 'shine!
1) Apple Jack (hard cider)
2) Crocks of Rhubarb or any high sugar content stuff
3) Before RICE was introduced, wheat, rye, corn, etc...
4) Wines of all variety from berries
5) LIQUERS (Cognac, etc...)

Oh yeah - give a man an apricot tree and in two years he'll be selling BRANDY!
(Which my Poppa did - he made some, but kept it)

But he knew stuff about RHUBARB too.

(?)

Also some KICK BUTT fermented ROOT BEER....
Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Taxpayer Subsidized

cmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post

I'm told I was born in Scranton General Hospital.
..............and raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion.........

I knew you were a yankee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post

But Rhubarb I remember from long before. It had a high sugar content? Am I right?
My relatives grew it in Vermont. The only way I remember eating it was in a pie......Usually with strawberries........I crunched on some of the stalks like eating a celery, and it was edible....but on the sour side....

I think the plant itself (leaves, etc.) is poisonous though.....

"The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists." (Ernest Hemingway)
Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter

Tags
2005, acelery, f150, ford, rhubarb, rubar, scranton, specifications, wheelset, wild, wtb