Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 04:23 PM
New User

cinbearcat is starting off with a positive reputation.
2001 Escape - How to bleed clutch slave cylinder

I just replaced my master clutch cylinder and am ready to bleed the clutch hydraulic system. I am following the steps in the service manual. I found the bleed screw on the clutch slave cylinder, but I do not see how to connect a hose to it. It looks like an allen head screw - there is no bleeder screw like you find on brakes. Do I need a special fitting to connect a hose to it?
Old 11-28-2013, 11:56 PM
New User

Grloeb is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you just open the allen screw; however, in my case after replacing the slave cylinder, and 15 minutes of bleeding doesn't seem to make any difference. The clutch pedal is still on the floor? Doesn't seem to be any pressure when the allen screw in opened.

Does anyone have any ideas? How long should it take?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 PM
New User

Grloeb is starting off with a positive reputation.
So the answer is: S L O W L Y!!
Because of other things, the vehicle sat for 36 hours and a large air bubble came out (drop in fluid level). We kept bleeding the slave cylinder for 75 minutes! Lots of success from clamping shut the rubber hose connecting the two lengths of rigid pipe, pumping the clutch pedal and tapping the pipe and firewall cylinder with the end of screw driver. Long project and not sure I have all the air out but I do have a functioning clutch again.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
01, 1997, 2001, bleed, bleeding, clutch, cylinder, escape, f350, ford, master, mazda, screw, slave, tribute