Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Plans for the long weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Plans for the long weekend?

Since the boys I work for are out of town for the weekend I thought I might get a few of my projects out of the way. First is the engine swap in my 53, the rear main is leaking and it will have to come out to replace, so I'm putting the low mileage engine out of my car in it. After I get through with that I think I'll go ahead and put the Vintage Air unit in that's been collecting dust for over a year.
I keep this up and one of these days I might have a finished truck
Anybody else got plans to work on a project? Or is this gonna be a R&R weekend?

Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
First is the engine swap in my 53, the rear main is leaking and it will have to come out to replace,
I think your truck needs a true Ford engine in it. And to keep a couple of the Cabot/Searcy guys off my back. I think a 7.3L/444TE would be great in there. Think of all the fun you could have with that jewel shoe-horned between the fenders.
I keep this up and one of these days I might have a finished truck
It will never happen. Unless your a very motivated and task-orientated individual. I'm not saying your not...just most projects are never done.
Anybody else got plans to work on a project? Or is this gonna be a R&R weekend?
Well, 6 weeks ago we were going to take the kids to Branson for the weekend as a surprise mini-vacation. Thanks to a jerk at work (who happens to be #2 in the office) that ain't going to happen. I'm going to spend Saturday moving the camper from FSM to Peculiar, MO. I'm not sure which ticks me off more. Getting forced out of Carthage or getting sent to Harrisonville (suburb of KC). Not sure why I keep doing this railroading thing.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:37 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
I think a 7.3L/444TE would be great in there. Think of all the fun you could have with that jewel shoe-horned between the fenders.
That would be just a little too heavy for my choice of suspension

getting sent to Harrisonville (suburb of KC).
You better lock the Princess down tight, you know what happened the last time in KC

Old 05-28-2011, 05:25 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My projects are over for the weekend..

I pulled a total of 2 1/2 yards of river rock home for our little landscaping project.. got all that spread out so I think the rest of the weekend will be pretty much R & R for us.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:32 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Sounds like you need the lighter 365VT/6.0L
You better lock the Princess down tight, you know what happened the last time in KC
Believe me, it's still fresh on my mind; but she's still sitting in Fort's Myth. Went by the dealership's body shop Friday about 1100 hoping that the truck was finally done, especially since I got it's new plates. That's a negative there ghostrider, they're still trying to figure out how to wire-in the 5th wheel plug; someone forgot to order the spare tire tools that go behind the rear seat and the painter hasn't buffed it out yet. So, I got to make a 260 mile trip dragging the camper with the Explorer.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Believe me, it's still fresh on my mind; but she's still sitting in Fort's Myth. Went by the dealership's body shop Friday about 1100 hoping that the truck was finally done, especially since I got it's new plates. That's a negative there ghost rider, they're still trying to figure out how to wire-in the 5th wheel plug; someone forgot to order the spare tire tools that go behind the rear seat and the painter hasn't buffed it out yet. So, I got to make a 260 mile trip dragging the camper with the Explorer.
Originally Posted by tojoski
My projects are over for the weekend..

I pulled a total of 2 1/2 yards of river rock home for our little landscaping project.. got all that spread out so I think the rest of the weekend will be pretty much R & R for us.
Yeah, I think if I had shoveled that much rock out of the back of my truck I'd need some R&R for a couple of days as well

Old 05-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Let's see. Weed eated the back yard. Mounted the trailer hitch and wiring on my bike. Changed out the back tire on my bike and took a short test ride. Today it's change the oil in both bikes and haul the bike trailer(pull behind, not put the bike on type)out and clean it up and pack the wheel bearings. Then it's all good, just waiting for Thursday night to pack the trailer so we can hit the road Friday.
Oh, I'll probably spend Monday mowing the rest of the yard.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:08 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
That ain't happening You can keep your 6.0h-no.

You know the old saying about the best laid plans of mice and men.... well mine just ain't going quite as planned. Started off yesterday by straining my back lifting a pressure washer, been working all weekend under the influence of pain meds Then when I pulled the engine out of the truck, the torque converter decided to hang in the crankshaft, so now I need a new front seal for the trans. Looks like it'll be later in the week before this job is done. A/C install is going good though, should have cold air when I get the truck running

Old 05-30-2011, 05:38 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
That ain't happening . You can keep your 6.0h-no.
Aw, come on...you know you really want one. Think of all the fun & unbridled power you could have with it.
You know the old saying about the best laid plans of mice and men.... well mine just ain't going quite as planned. Started off yesterday by straining my back lifting a pressure washer, been working all weekend under the influence of pain meds
I don't take meds very often...especially pain pills. But when I wrecked the scooter in '07 they put me on some stuff based on my weight. You want to talk about out there in deep space. Wife said I'd just lay there in bed & drool...I don't remember anything for two days afterwords is all I'm going to say. Hope you feel better soon though.
A/C install is going good though, should have cold air when I get the truck running
This is a good thing, I pitty anyone that doesn't have a/c in their ride during the summer.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Aw, come on...you know you really want one. Think of all the fun & unbridled power you could have with it.
Yea just think of all the stuff you can replace on your next vacation instead of just alternators..

Yea, I said it.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Yea just think of all the stuff you can replace on your next vacation instead of just alternators.. Yea, I said it.
Alright...I see your challenge and raise you with this.....

Err, let me get back to you on that one. Life's rough when your the only one carrying the 6.0L flag around here.

This thread would only get more entertaining if the V10 clown in the SD forum would jump in here & throw the gantlet down about how great the V10 is and how there ain't a motor in a Ford that could do what he thinks he can.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Yea just think of all the stuff you can replace on your next vacation instead of just alternators..

Yea, I said it.
I wasn't quite going to go there, but since you mentioned it .....

Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I wasn't quite going to go there, but since you mentioned it
Ok, ok..everyones a commedian around here anymore; clearly I need to recruit a couple of 6.0L guys to join the chapter. I knew I'd come up with something...just took me a bit to realize this. Joe I'm not sure if you've noticed or not; but most of the parts/upgrades Clay carries at RiffRaff are for the 7.3L. I'd say 75%-80% are specific to the 7.3L...not the 6.0L, sounds like the 7.3L has some flaws and needs quite the support to keep up with the 6.0L powered trucks

(putting on his big-boy pants; waiting for the next round)

Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Ok, ok..everyones a commedian around here anymore; clearly I need to recruit a couple of 6.0L guys to join the chapter. I knew I'd come up with something...just took me a bit to realize this. Joe I'm not sure if you've noticed or not; but most of the parts/upgrades Clay carries at RiffRaff are for the 7.3L. I'd say 75%-80% are specific to the 7.3L...not the 6.0L, sounds like the 7.3L has some flaws and needs quite the support to keep up with the 6.0L powered trucks

(putting on his big-boy pants; waiting for the next round)
Only because that is what we specialize in

Much much more is coming for the 6.0L

Old 05-31-2011, 12:09 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Only because that is what we specialize in
Yip, like I said...must be a weaker motor. Got a guy in Oregon that's built up a good operation/company "helping" improve the 7.3L
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Much much more is coming for the 6.0L
Your not helping me in my crusade Clay.

Quick Reply: Plans for the long weekend?