Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 01:52 PM
New User

tcoker79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2005 Ford Escape Blower Motor Resistor

Anyone know where the blower motor resistor is located on the '05 model. Thank you for your time in advance.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Postmaster

tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.
In the manual, it shows the blower motor resistor as being on the plenum.
If you can find the blower motor, the resistor will be mounted on the same panel as the motor.
Removal and Installation
1. Remove the RH A-pillar lower trim panel.
2. Disconnect the blower resistor electrical connector.
3. Remove the 2 screws and the blower motor resistor.
4. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
tom
Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
New User

tcoker79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks. Will take a look.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
New User

Yamamonsterr1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2009 escape AC Heater blower

Our escape blower went from working fine to not working at all. I checked all of the fuses that I thought could be affecting it per the manual. How do I know if I need to replace the resistor and is that likely the problem?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Posting Guru

Torky2 has a good reputation on FTE.Torky2 has a good reputation on FTE.
The blower motor resistor block is relevant to the manual climate control only. If you have the automatic climate control, it does not have the blower resistor block, has a blower motor speed controller instead.

If you have the manual climate control, the usual symptom of a blown blower resistor block is that the fan will run on the High-Speed setting, but will not run on one or more lower speed settings. This is because the block's resistors are in series with the blower motor only for the non High-Speed settings.

If it indeed is a blown resistor, do not run the new resistor block without it first being properly installed into the plenum. The resistors on the block are air-cooled, they require airflow to avoid burning up.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior User

martin_csr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamonsterr1 View Post
Our escape blower went from working fine to not working at all. I checked all of the fuses that I thought could be affecting it per the manual. How do I know if I need to replace the resistor and is that likely the problem?
Did you check the fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment?
According to a pdf owner's manual for the 2009 Escape, there's a blower motor fuse there under the hood, position #12 (40A) ....

2002 Escape XLS 2.0L I4 5MT ~102,000 miles
Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
New User

Yamamonsterr1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I tried the fuse which was fine. The ford dealership charged me 89$ to tell me I needed a blower motor resistor for an additional 275$ installed. I left shortly after saying no thx and to my shock, the blower works now. Does my escape even have a resistor since I have dual electronic climate control? Any ideas on why it would just start working again?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Postmaster

tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.
I vote with Torky2. If you have auto climate control, either single or dual, the blower motor speed is regulated by a controller rather than a resistor pack. That allows the blower speed to vary over a larger range.
Most controllers will still allow the blower to work at the highest speed when they fail as they are 'out of the circuit' when you manually select high speed. Of course, you have to disable the auto control to get the blower set to high. On some cars, for example, a Honda Odyssey, the A/C may be disabled if the controller dies as the blower speed is monitored, and damage may occur to the system if it is run with a disabled blower.
tom
Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
05, 2005, 2008, 2009, blower, escape, fan, ford, high, located, location, motor, photos, resistor, works