Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Post Fiend

mikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to behold
Those tires look sweet Marc. Post some pics when they're on the truck.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Postmaster

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
Will do.
I have a big box of parts to bring it back up to snuff.
Gonna give it a good shake down.

'08 Super Duty 6.4, '61 Unibody, '63 T-bird, '66 Mustang
'76 F750 Firetruck, '83 F150, '74 F-1004x4 shrtbx
And not enough time to drive 'em.
Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Posting Guru

Jetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputation
In my best Hispanic Accent Luking Gude! nice wheels!!! Ijola!
2002 Mustang GT convertible
2005 Crown Vic PI
1967 Sanger flat bottom with blown Olds 468
Old 08-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Postmaster

teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.
The truck looks SO good in these pictures. I love the big mirrors and full chrome of the early 70s

While I think it would be cool stock, I also can see how you want to throw a nice set of shoes on it. Truth is, I wouldn't keep it stock either

Old truck: 74 F250 Converted 4WD sold
Some other 4 wheeled vehicles also reside in the driveway
Old 08-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Postmaster

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by teds74ford View Post
The truck looks SO good in these pictures. I love the big mirrors and full chrome of the early 70s

While I think it would be cool stock, I also can see how you want to throw a nice set of shoes on it. Truth is, I wouldn't keep it stock either
Yeah, I had a big fight with myself over that.
But when it comes down to it. We're all hot rodders at heart. It's in the DNA.
So it'll get a built engine, new tcase, lockers, etc. But still look like it's supposed to.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Posting Guru

bamaf150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I kinda like my little dana 21 T case, its compact and light. Probably because I'm not really an off roader though, if I was I would want the reduction. What are you planning on for an engine? I plan to stroke mine to a 390, got the crank and rods in the shed, also have a streetmaster intake for it.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaf150 View Post
I kinda like my little dana 21 T case, its compact and light. Probably because I'm not really an off roader though, if I was I would want the reduction. What are you planning on for an engine? I plan to stroke mine to a 390, got the crank and rods in the shed, also have a streetmaster intake for it.
There are some good and nasty trails in NorCal so a two speed tcase would help loads.
For the engine yeah, at least to a 390 with plenty of breathing help (manifold, headers).
Kind of have a fantasy of injection at some point. I've got a spare engine so it'll be an easy swap as I won't have to yank the original to rework it.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 09-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Postmaster

Well, it's been two days of work but finally got her out and running good.
Took of the valve covers and about a quart of oil spilled out each side. The oil returns were completely plugged with crystalized oil. Finally got them clear and blown out. Used a home made air tool with semi truck brake hose clamped on. It was exactly the same size as the drain holes.
Pulled the gas tank. It was filthy inside. Pick up tube was pretty caked up. The filter had disintegrated inside the tank also. Made a new one out of screen zip tied around the pick up tube. Hey you do what you can.
Lots of cleaning and tidying up, like getting rid of all those damn vacuum lines to the first gen smog system (not to mention all the unnecessary hardware).
So the engine actually looks like an engine now.
She fired right up and ran great. Ran her out of fuel going up a steep hill and smashing the pedal down. But she recovered right away. So that will be a future concern. I'm sure the lines are pretty varnished up.
Took off the rear bumper. What a piece of heavy crap. The rear came up an inch and a half.
Had new front shocks to put on but found out they were the wrong ones.
I need the bigger loop up top.
So threw the stockies back on. Boy are they shot. And they don't extend far enough.
And put on the new wheels............oh yeah baby.
Attached Images

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 09-03-2011, 02:46 AM
Posting Guru

bamaf150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
wow it looks great, like a different truck! Did you lift it? Hey, dont you need the smog stuff in CA? Mine has the thermactor tubes also, tell me what you removed.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Postmaster

Thanks bama.
I just reregistered it.
'74s make it in under the line for no smog checks in Kalifonia.
I'll take some pics of what I took off.
Rear is stock.
Front has old springs off of my brothers' bronco. He says they are 3 and a half inch lift (for a bronco).
They put two maybe three inches on. The original springs were trashed.
That my bro in the pic BTW.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 09-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Posting Guru

NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Marc your truck looks really good! We should get a bunch of us together sometime for a day trip in the canyon sometime.

1979 Ford F-350 4X4 Ranger Lariat
400CI, Edelbrock Performer intake and 600CFM 4BBL
Borg Warner T18 4 Speed & NP205 T Case. Skyjaker 6" Lift

Old 09-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Postmaster

Next trip north in November.
Should be some mud around.
Lets do it.
I'll keep in touch.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 09-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Post Fiend

mikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to beholdmikeo0o0o0 is a splendid one to behold
I'm officially jealous! I love that last picture where the light is real low. It makes your truck look just that much better.
Those wheels and tires are soooo nice looking.
Love it!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Postmaster

Took her out on the road for her first road trip.
Remember that fuel starvation thing that I would address in the future?
Well the future was today. She quit on a hill.
Got her back home with the aid of a tow strap. Yes, I was a Boy Scout.
Put on a new fuel pump, new carb filter and just for fun blew out the fuel line from the tank. HOLY CRAP how much garbage can a little 3/8 line hold. It was totally varnished up and blew with a pop. Then dust for a few minutes.
End result, she ran real strong. Felt much better.
Gonna replace the tank and the fuel line in the near future.
And Mike if you're still here in Nov. you need to slip away for a little fun!!!
Attached Images

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohunter View Post
And Mike if you're still here in Nov. you need to slip away for a little fun!!!
Thanks for the invite. The way my schedule is shaping up it looks like I might be in Chula Vista in November. Right state, wrong end.
Man I love that truck of yours.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
bronco, brown, f150, ford, lake, meadows, monache, municipality, north, paint, powered, ppg, regional, road, sequoia, vbulletin, york