Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Posting Guru

NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey I recognize that bridge at the Feather River Canyon! We should hook up sometime with some other 4X4's and you can show us some cool trails in the area. BTW we are gathering for a lunch in the Martinez area if you would like to join us. Here's the link.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...in-thread.html

1979 Ford F-350 4X4 Ranger Lariat
400CI, Edelbrock Performer intake and 600CFM 4BBL
Borg Warner T18 4 Speed & NP205 T Case. Skyjaker 6" Lift

Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Postmaster

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
That sounds great Steve.
Unfortunately I will be in SoCal at my bro in laws b'day.
Will give you a ring when we plan on doing some trailin'.
I work in SoCal so forgive me if it takes a while.
How are the mods going on your truck.
BTW you are right about the bridge.

'08 Super Duty 6.4, '61 Unibody, '63 T-bird, '66 Mustang
'76 F750 Firetruck, '83 F150, '74 F-1004x4 shrtbx
And not enough time to drive 'em.
Marc
Be like Steve
Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Posting Guru

NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.
No problem, call whenever you go.

Work on my truck is progressing slowly. I just fixed a T case leak and my front driveline so I can 4X4 again. I'm going to get my seat reupholstered next week to its original pattern and plans are in the works for a new engine next spring. I may also rebuild the transmission and T case while I'm at it.

You truck is looking better, especially your instrument cluster. Keep the photos coming!

1979 Ford F-350 4X4 Ranger Lariat
400CI, Edelbrock Performer intake and 600CFM 4BBL
Borg Warner T18 4 Speed & NP205 T Case. Skyjaker 6" Lift

Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Postmaster

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
Thanks.
Living in SoCal is actually good for the project because I have to go home and think about it for a while. Then I order parts and take'm back up, install, rinse and repeat.
That seems to be the way it is going.
I'm overjoyed about the instruments. Now I have to get after that dash pad and steering wheel.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Postmaster

So I'm sitting here with a day off and I'm going over the build sheet for the truck.
I'm trying to find the color code. I think the old guy replaced the hood (notice the off color in the pics). Also the hood has much more wear than any other part of the truck. I realize the hood takes a lot of abuse but the hard lines of this hood are different then the rest of the truck. So I'm thinking I want to order a little paint and paint the hood (and spot one or two other places).
So back to today. I'm trying to find the paint code. The door tag is completely faded and unreadable.
I'll include some pics of the build sheet and what I'll call a buck tag although it's not attached to the vehicle. I believe that the San Jose plant did not attach the tag (not sure about that) on certain vehicles. I found this tag in the owners manual in great shape. Is there a paint code on it?
In the paint section of the build sheet there are no notations except an R which may or may not be offset from the frame next to it. However it appears on the metal tag also.
If someone is familiar with these sheets or you know of reference material have a look and let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Senior User

79F150Seattle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Paint code 'R' is Factory Paint Chip, 'Sequoia Brown Metallic'.
PPG Paint Chip Sheet is, '
Sequoia Brown Poly' (2416).
Catalog of Ford Truck ID Numbers, '
Med. Metallic Ginger'.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Postmaster

Big Kiss for you.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Postmaster

Sitting at work today minding my own business, checked my email and what pops up but pics of my '74. But something is different.
Hey, it's sitting level.
My brother was installing his rebuilt 44 under his Bronco with new springs. The old ones he threw under the front end of Smokey. Holy crud, it's lookin like a truck.
Kinda nice having a bro that wants to go wheelin really bad with your new ride.
I've said it once I'll say it again. Working on cars and trucks is the best way in the world to keep families together.
Here's pics of both rides.
Attached Images

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Posting Guru

NW 150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
lookin good
F100 in the sand,
F100 in the sand(in cab)
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Posting Guru

justforkicks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
dr.sacman
sure looks like it could use more tire. not height, but width. maybe 31x10.50's on stock rims? i had 31x11's on my stock rims on my truck when it had 2.5" lift and it looked decent.
97 F-150 XLT 4x4 "Black Bomber" 4.6 Triton, 305k miles
84 Bronco XLT 302, blown c4, 478k miles
Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Posting Guru

bamaf150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I was actually admiring the skinny tire look, reminds me of my grandads tires on his trucks; 2wd with skinny aggressive treads and he would drive it anywhere. Turbo, those are 2 sweet looking trucks and what beautiful countryside!

Edit, just saw the pix of Feather river bridge, wow, I see why you are there, what scenery! I'm turning green down here in the swamps! with envy lol
Old 08-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Postmaster

Thanks guys
I get to go back up there August 31st. I'll probably buy a new set of tires and take her out and try to break her. Really itchin to thrash a bit.
I've got a big box of parts to throw on. Mostly stock stuff just getting it back to ground zero.
After tires, I will swap out the front drums for discs and a new master cylinder.
And you're right bama it is beautiful up there.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Freshman User

GunnyBeaty is starting off with a positive reputation.
NIce truck. I just bought a '77 150 LWB with the 351M and 4speed. 48,000 original miles on a Tennessee truck. I am the 3rd owner The original owner only pulled a cattle trainer between counties in NorthEast Tennessee. I am in the Marines as well so I can imagine in a few years I will probably be like Mr. Foley. Somebody will be aggravating me to sell my truck. My Dad picked up the truck for me just this week and I am due to rotate back to the East from 29 Palms in 5 days and then drive the truck form Tennessee to North Carolina. My Dad had an '80 150 with the same drivetrain and he says it drives like a new one just is rusty like an old one.
Great truck! Short beds liek that are rare.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyBeaty View Post
Somebody will be aggravating me to sell my truck.
LOL
Welcome to the forum.
Have a good trip back. And a good drive home.
When you get back be sure to post some pics of your truck and anything you do to it. I love to see what other guys are doing to there rides.
And thank you for your service Gunny

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Postmaster

Baby's getting a new pair of shoes.
Since the engine is still stock, just going with 33s
American eagles, with Hankook 33x12.50 Mudders.
Those should get it done.
Attached Images

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM