Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 PM
New User

KLWillis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Air conditioner fades out

I'm sure there has already been a post on this but I can't find it. I hve a 96' Ranger 4.0 5 speed. While driving, if I put the truck under a load such as going uphill or towing, the air conditioner fades out and blows warm air. Once I start downhill the air will come back on. It is much worse when towing. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
See FAQs above. Your system is very similar.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Check for vacuum leaks. It isgoing into defalt because the vacuum is not able to hold the door open. Check the reserve can, it may be rusted out, or damaged.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
New User

KLWillis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Air conditioner fading out

My biggest problem is that I can't find the vacuum lines that are for the air conditioner. I don't know where to check.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 PM
New User

Brad2000-E350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I currently have the same issue on a 2000 E-350 (V10) passenger van. I also owned a 1994 F-150 (i6) super cab that had this problem. I took the F-150 to an Auto A/C shop, and ~$350 later, supposedly going through all the vacuum lines and swearing there were no vacuum leaks, it still wasn't fixed. I would think that this is a more common problem than a search here would indicate. Anyone else with other/more input?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Junior User

TC-Countryboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would have to say vacumm leak as well. My current truck and the 94 F150 I had before it would do pretty much the same thing, but it would change from vent to defrost, then let off the gas and it would switch back. I don't know about Rangers, but the problem on mine has always been the lines on the passenger side near the firewall. They are the little white 1/8" lines, and they just get brittle and crumble in places. I just found some small hose that would fit over them fairly tight then cut out the bad section and just pushed the old hose into the new section or you could just replace entire length of existing hose, but I found some have molded on rubber connectors on the ends.

TC
Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Postmaster

HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If it isnt a vacuum leak causing the system to go into default mode (defrosters work but not out vents) then your compressor could be shutting down from wide open throttle relay. This would be normal to allow the extra power to pull the hills under heavy load. It may be that your engine is heavily worn or needs serious tune up work and has very little power left so you are having to hold the throttle open to pull the hills causing the WOT relay to disengage the clutch.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!

My Missing Michelle
Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C

Tags
2000, 2005, air, blowing, car, conditioner, expedition, fades, fading, ford, heater, hot, recharge, taurus, truck