Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Freshman User

revolverivar is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.0 no start

I have a 2005 F-350 superduty 6.0 that died on me. I have tried to search on this forum and Google but I would like an opinion from you anyway.
This is what happens. It gradually got hard to start but once it starts it runs ok. Several attempts were needed and each time it run only a few seconds. When it finally started it idle is it, no rev possible. As soon as I touch the acceleretor it died. Eventually, as it got warm I could get it moving but I had to rev it hard to get it running smooth.
This only worked a couple of times, now it just starts for a few seconds, no more and its impossible to get running at all.
I am thinking airleak from the HPOP or faulty HPOP.
Codes are P0261-P0282 wich is all injectors. P0611 FICM, P2614 and P2617.

Deleted the EGR last year and a new turbo just after that. I would greatly appreciate your advice guys.

Ivar
Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Postmaster

2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.
STC fitting failed maybe.

2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 DBL Cab
Old 05-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
With a FICM code (especially w/ codes for all the injectors), isn't the likely culprit the FICM?

Cam and crank sensor codes are a result, not a cause.

Load test each battery individually also.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Freshman User

revolverivar is starting off with a positive reputation.
I took it apart today, down to HPOP and STC. How do I check the parts?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
you will have to do an airleak off test to determine if the HPO system has a leak, but I agree with mark sounds more like an FICM to me. What FICM code were you getting?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Posting Guru

steelhead2 has a good reputation on FTE.steelhead2 has a good reputation on FTE.
isnt the p0611 code the death code for the ficm?.i think bismic's right again.if i were you id stop and heed his advice.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Elder User

hubler13f has a good reputation on FTE.hubler13f has a good reputation on FTE.
I believe that a bad STC fitting would normally give you and P2285 code for the ICP sensor. Basicly the ICP senses the oil pressure built up inside the HPO system feeding the injectors. If the STC fitting was leaking and not allowing the mandatory pressure build up to run the injectors it would normally pop the ICP sensor code P2285.

Sounds like your going through what I went through when my batteries were failing. I agree with Bismic to load test the batteries. Test the batteries before trying to restart again, I believe I have read that continuous cranking and running on low voltage can lead to FICM failure.
2005 F250 6.0 PSD 4X4, leveling kit, homemade remote oil cooler, 295/70/R17's on Eagle Wheels, ARP studs, POWERMAX TURBO, EGR cooler deleted, GDS Spring, Banjo Bolt Mod, solid 1 piece Y and up pipe, Diamond Eye 4" SS Turbo Back straight pipe, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Riff Raff boots, 58 volt HOT FICM mod, Innovative Mild FICM Tune, Zoodad mod, Harpooned tank, Lubed with Rotella T6, Edge Insight, SCT SF3 w/Matt's custom tunes
Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
wow .
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
wow .
Did I say something incorrect?
2005 F250 6.0 PSD 4X4, leveling kit, homemade remote oil cooler, 295/70/R17's on Eagle Wheels, ARP studs, POWERMAX TURBO, EGR cooler deleted, GDS Spring, Banjo Bolt Mod, solid 1 piece Y and up pipe, Diamond Eye 4" SS Turbo Back straight pipe, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Riff Raff boots, 58 volt HOT FICM mod, Innovative Mild FICM Tune, Zoodad mod, Harpooned tank, Lubed with Rotella T6, Edge Insight, SCT SF3 w/Matt's custom tunes
Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
I think the "WOW" was the fact that he tore all the way down to where he did without checking the basic stuff. WOW was kind of my thoughts as well!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Elder User

I was thinking "WOW" might have something to do with almost everyone who replied agreed with Mark in some form or fashion.

Last edited by hubler13f; 06-01-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
I think the "WOW" was the fact that he tore all the way down to where he did without checking the basic stuff. WOW was kind of my thoughts as well!
Yup.

Who knows though - I guess it could also have an issue in the HPO system ....

hubler13f - Didn't mean to make you think it was your post - sorry.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Yup.

Who knows though - I guess it could also have an issue in the HPO system ....

hubler13f - Didn't mean to make you think it was your post - sorry.
No problems, just thought I might have given some bad info and wanted to correct myself if that was the case.
I don't have any problems admitting I'm wrong, if I knew everything I'd be making the big bucks designing these things and wouldn't be reading this site.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
wow .
and this.... I just cant top it
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Postmaster

2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation2006lariat has a superb reputation
On the bright side, his STC fitting will be updated!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2004, 60, bp, codes, crank, died, f250, ford, nostart, p0261, p0261p0282, p0300, p2285, sensor, start