Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Junior User

joiseystud is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford logo on grille bubbling - NEED REPLACEMENT

The ford logo on my 2007 front grille is bubbling. It looks terrible. How can I get a replacement logo? Anyone have an online source?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I beleive this is caused by rocks cracking it and water getting into it. Mine is doing the same thing. IIRC the dealer wanted like $50 for a replacement. I was just going to get one off of ebay, they are about half that on there.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Some guys just take the blue off and leave the chrome look.

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Junior User

joiseystud is starting off with a positive reputation.
does it come apart?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 AM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
I chromed mine with acetone but the new emblems are hard as crap to do. With yours peeling it will probably be easier

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4 4WD
1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRWDRVR View Post
I chromed mine with acetone but the new emblems are hard as crap to do. With yours peeling it will probably be easier
Please explain how cause I would love to have a chrome emblem
Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
Somewhere around 99 Ford changed the emblems, from then till about 03 you can boil the emblem to soften the clear and peal it out then you use acetone to take the blue out. In 04 they changed them again and they have a different type of clear in them and boiling them doesn't work anymore. The clear on them will come out with the acetone but its hard removing it and you have to polish them to bring the chrome back up after you do get it out (thats why I said his would probably clean easier) You can check your sizes also my 86 has a tailgate emblem off a 03 in the grille there the same size.

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM
"Obsessed"

99-03

For some reason I never took any pics when I did the 05 emblems but heres what they look like done

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Senior User

TIKT B8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the chrome idea. Mine looked like the one in the first post and I hated the look. I really did not want to spend $50 only to have to replace it again the next time a rock hit it. I did boil the emblem and it made it a lot easier to pull of the clear but it still was a pain to get it all off. I worked on it for about 2 hours and my finger tips are killing me. Once I got all of the clear off, I rubbed the blue off with acetone. It came off EASY with the acetone. After it was completely clean, I polished it with a turtle wax chrome and aluminum polish. It came out great but I will have to see how I like it in the daylight tomorrow. Here are some pics.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Looks good Rueben!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Senior User

2Fords1Jeep is starting off with a positive reputation.
Remember the Ford TV commercial who's hook line was "the quality goes in before the name goes on" ? In this case it should be "the quality stops when the name goes on"!
1968 Dodge Charger
2008 BMW 328xi coupe
Old 06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Senior User

function12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Brake cleaner works too. Not sure how well it will work on the clear plastic but it take the blue paint right off.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Senior User

gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
TIKT... Looks good!!

Now I have to do mine. The pic of the one up top is 100% better than what mine looks like right now. It's fugly!

"I've done a fair share of stupid things in my life, a couple of which should have put me in my grave. But here I am typing away as if I had a brain." - Craig Wilson
Old 06-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Senior User

trpltongue is starting off with a positive reputation.
How the heck is your front grille so clean with no rock chips! Our's looks like it's been through a sand blaster. I love / hate the painted front. It looks great, but chips so bad and the underlayer of black is so obvious.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Thinking out loud, would a heat gun work to remove the plastic film?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2006, 2008, 2011, badge, emblem, expedition, f250, ford, grill, grille, logo, logos, peeling, ranger, replacement, truck