Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
THE OUTBACK ROAD GAME

NOW - this (as befits Australia) is a bit different than the "ROAD GAME" in the main forums, which goes by these rules:
The ROAD GAME
<hr style="color:#D1D1E1; background-color:#D1D1E1" size="1"> Okay now - these rules are very technical and complicated so pay close attention!

1) The player who has the first turn posts the name of a road, street, or highway.
(as, for example, ME )

2) The NEXT Player must post the name of a road, street, or highway that connects to it...
(for example: I-40 to I-15 AT Los Angeles, I-95 to exit 214, etc...)

4) The next player must connect to the last road posted...

3) If required, player must prove that a named roadway really does connect!

Clear as mud so far? Okay.

Now that is a plain old map connecting game - but to it I add this:
You must only add a road - or a stretch of it - that you yourself have driven

Got that?

~ and that makes all the difference in the world

Ready?

GO FOR IT!

*Whoever posts first NAME a ROAD in AUSTRALIA

WHAT? I can't do it from America... You have to!

The bottom line is this:
You must prove you were there
When the picture was shot!

Sound like a proper Aussie Challenge?

I'm still figuring out how to make a fun thing out of this all, but it does look promising....
Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Junior User

Dags is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great Eastern Hwy, between Perth and Coolgardie,
4 times a week, every week in 1995
Old 06-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
OK I will give it a go. I lived in Perth for 2 years back in my early 20's and I have driven back and forth to Perth from Sydney 4 times so I would of used that road. So I will wack in the Coolgardie -Esperance Highway but Im sure it wasnt called that 25 years ago . Lol.
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hmm, big continent over here and not many F250 drivers, you may have to modify the game. Eg, Name a town you've driven through and someone names another town with some sort of connection - could be road, rail, play on name, town with same name somewhere else, and keep that going.

OK, well I'm stuck cause I dont know anything about Perth or Coolgardie except I've driven through Perth in Scotland in a VW campervan.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Posting Guru

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
be patient. someone will turn up.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Elder User

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
u bored ***
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 06-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Junior User

Geez Brian, you could just edit your post over to Sydennny. EVERYONE has done Sydney.. lol
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Tell ya what - we could include beaches. Sooner or later you're bound to arrive at one...

(They chased everyone not on foot OFF OF the beaches in the USA. You have to be a lifeguard or a cop to drive on the beaches over here)
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags View Post
Geez Brian, you could just edit your post over to Sydennny. EVERYONE has done Sydney.. lol
Yeh when ya started I thought, dam not many of us been over that way, this wont be good.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
Yeh when ya started I thought, dam not many of us been over that way, this wont be good.
Yeah that's true. No-one is interested in us small town hicks on the "off" side of the country....
Old 06-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Yeah that's true. No-one is interested in us small town hicks on the "off" side of the country....
wouldnt say that, WA is a magic spot its just ya so dam far away.

now come on guys, there has to be someone out there thats traveled the Eyre
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
Quote:
Good on ya BOTH blokes - I'd like to tell a short story right hereabouts...
(yeah - go grab a fresh one)

Now I live in the tiny town of Drummonds in the west end of tennessee (in the USA) as you see it on a conventional map. The only reason it claims to be here is that it has got it's own post office...

The reasonable way to go about finding it is to seek the Mississippi river in the gulf of mexico and follow it north. when you find Memphis, slow down.

Examine the slow left and then rightward bend of the river as it goes north. If it were a satellite dish it would be pointed at Drummonds.

To the east of Drummonds the roads divide, and going to the east you come to an area called "PECKERWOOD POINT TENNESSEE"

Now I ask you plainly: IF THAT WAS WHERE WE WERE
If I asked you to plan a route to the nearest PUB....

Are you telling me we would not get to one?

Funny about that - isn't it...
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Senior User

xran is starting off with a positive reputation.
Chinstrike
Found Drummonds and am looking at Drummonds Rd heading East - if I find Munford have I travelled too far?

Old 06-25-2011, 01:58 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

I didn't mean it seriously - but if you find the dead end road in Drummonds (out of the three-way) -

My place is at the end of it!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkelly View Post
u bored ***
Cmon m8 I know you dont have a life either. Im sure you have travelled the Eyre.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter