Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Great work!! on my list this summer...
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe black View Post
i noticed he had glued 4 pieces to make it.. i used 2 for mine one complete piece aceoss the back . much nicer
When was the last time you backed up your bragging with pictures? You need to either give some proof of your "expertise" or stop harassing board members.
mytbtruck- Not bad. Did you notice a reduction in in-cab noise once that was installed? I've been toying with a full headliner for my 69 F250, but not sure if it's worth the extra hassle in my case. It does look pretty sweet though.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Posting Guru

iwanaflattie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice work on the head liner.
Did you take lots of pictures??? it would help some of us when we get to that stage,if we get to that stage.

Mr Blow back. I do believe you when you say yours is much nicer but how much did it cost daddy???
And how long did the shop take to do it???
Have you seen my work???
I could use a trained eye to tell me what I need to do to get a big shiny trophy,so you can choke on it!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Freshman User

joe black is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
cost was 48 dollars for 2 4x8 sheets and about the same for liner , material was approx 300, did it all my self no shops for this cat, took notice of your work and i seen you were trying to kid a kidder. looks like a good project but why would you post pictures of it,,,
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe black View Post
cost was 48 dollars for 2 4x8 sheets and about the same for liner , material was approx 300, did it all my self no shops for this cat, took notice of your work and i seen you were trying to kid a kidder. looks like a good project but why would you post pictures of it,,,
And why wouldn't YOU post pictures? Could it be that you have nothing worth showing anyone.

Nice job on the headliner. I'm only to the point of putting the board in on our 41.

Please keep the progress pictures coming. It definately helps those of us that actually have trucks and don't know everything.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Postmaster

Doc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to all
"Temporarily Deactivated" Tee Hee

Good job Carlene!

Very nice headliner, despite what some other dip&)#@ says.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Wasn't me this time. That was the good work of your forum mod. He deserves all the kudo's and a few rep's to boot.

I mainly showed up cause like the rest of you, I wouldn't mind seeing this perfect truck Joe supposedly has along with some resto pictures of him doing the work.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Postmaster

Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Nice job, and I like the bracket weld-in addition for the shoulder belt.

Note: for those of you who add this bracket, it needs to have a nut welded to the outside so that the securing bolt has a threaded area to bolt to. Also, it's a good idea to weld this in before the paint is done!

Nice truck, Jag
Click the image to open in full size.
55 Crown Victoria
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Thats nice work. I like everything about it.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Postmaster

Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Too bad about the deactivation JOE BLACK. You won't be missed. It's unfortuate that some people have to be negative to others in order to make themselves feel better. Good work deserves a positive response. And if your work product was indeed better, which I doubt, how does it help anything to denigrate others?

Jag
55 Crown Victoria
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Elder User

tlb is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks really good. A lot better than the cardboard type like i have.

Terry

1948 F1
Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Elder User

mytbtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truxx1956 View Post
Looking good dude!! I didnt know you were goin to be in PF in June. I'll be looking for ya. I've been following your truck from the begining I want to see it in person. Oh yeah and I'd like to meet you too, but we all know the trucks are the the real stars Just kidding. I love hanging out with new Ford friends and old Ford friends. I cant wait. See yall there.
I hope the weather is kind that weekend. I have two rooms on reserve at the lodge. I like to met any one who likes old cars or trucks. Hope to see you there. Larry.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Elder User

mytbtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Looking good Larry what did you end up using for your headliner or did you purchase one?
Jaye, Thanks for the info you sent me. I know a man that does headliners and let him install it. He used ABS and covered it with padding and cloth. I am well satisfied with it. The area behind the seats is covered with the same carpet used on the floor. I put the carpet there because I have the spare tire behind the drivers seat and the carpet take more beating than the cloth would. Thanks again and I hope to see you at Fat Boys soon. Larry.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior User

KidShalene is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbtruck View Post
Jaye, Thanks for the info you sent me. I know a man that does headliners and let him install it. He used ABS and covered it with padding and cloth. I am well satisfied with it. The area behind the seats is covered with the same carpet used on the floor. I put the carpet there because I have the spare tire behind the drivers seat and the carpet take more beating than the cloth would. Thanks again and I hope to see you at Fat Boys soon. Larry.

Have any idea what thickness of ABS he used ?? BTW, nice truck, lookin good

And excuse my ignorance, but what meet are you going to in Pigeon Forge? I always wanted to go to the F100 nats, but missed it again this year.

If I can't fix it.....it ain't broke
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Posting Guru

Truxx1956 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Truxx1956 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbtruck View Post
I hope the weather is kind that weekend. I have two rooms on reserve at the lodge. I like to met any one who likes old cars or trucks. Hope to see you there. Larry.

I hope the weather is nice too. Its usually way too hot, but its better than rain

P.S. I promise NOT to pick on your headliner if you promise not to pick on mine. See ya there man, be safe
If it's worth doin, it's worth OVERDOING 1956 F100 PEGYSU 1994 F150 Flare-Side 1956 F100 Panel truck 1961 Unibody 2005 Taurus Romans 3:23--6:23-- 10 9-13
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1994, 51, f150, ford, head, headliner, liner, truck