Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Liner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:10 PM
nafzimo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Liner!

I have been torn between the spray in liner and the traditional hard plastic liner. I was just not convinced that the spray in liner would give me the dent protection that I need. It seems like anything that is not tied down in the bed is guaranteed to dent the sides. In just 10 months I have many little dents in the front and sides of the bed.
Anyway, I haven't had any problems with the plastic liners in my previous trucks, so I started looking for a plastic liner. I called the local dealer and found out that the Ford liner (made by Duraliner) was in stock and sold for $179. The MSRP is $300! I looked around and couldn't find a Duraliner dealer, so I bought the Ford model. Overall, I am happy with it. It sure looks cool with the big Ford oval up front. The front tie-downs have their own pockets, but the rear are accessed through rubber plugs. You might as well forget about using the rear ones.

I gotta get a life... I get way too excited about these things.

Matt

Old 03-24-2003, 08:23 PM
haroutd
Posting Guru
Location: I'm lost somewhere in NJ -- can someone please find me?!?!?!?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Liner!

Regarding getting a life, I'm glad you noticed that. We knew this all along, but didn't want to say anything.

Seriously, though, did you get a paint saver pad for your liner? I hear that the drop-in liners leave some scratch marks on the paint underneath without one. I've got the DuraLiner (couldn't get the deal you got on a Ford unit, and wasn't willing to pay near double price for the blue oval) and I got the pad for mine. Regarding the rear tie downs, you are right in that it is awkward, but I haven't let that stop me. When I hook-up my ratcheting straps, I just keep fishing in the dark until they catch. It's never taken me more than half a minute and 12 curses words yet.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:45 AM
nafzimo
Posting Guru
New Liner!

The dealer didn't know anything about a "paint saver pad". What is this thing made of? Will it be more apt to trap water between the liner and the floor?

Matt

Old 03-25-2003, 12:23 PM
haroutd
Posting Guru
New Liner!

I haven't had any water trapping issues with mine. It's made of a thin foam-type material. Kind of like what they wrap glass items in... don't know how else to explain it. Because it's not an absorbent material, I don't foresee any problems with water. I found a website with some info -- http://www.paintsaver.net

It's not an expensive product; can't remember what I paid for mine, but I just shrugged it off as cheap insurance for bed scratches/rust.

Old 03-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Fishin-Technician
Junior User
New Liner!

HEY.....fly-by-nite industries has a <a href="https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/august2001/bedliner.html">bed liner</a>. it is $49.95..........black plastic, (sheetimg) and black adhesive binde tape.......it will enhance any ford pickup

D/FT

Old 03-25-2003, 10:01 PM
PSD_Power
Elder User
New Liner!

In regards to getting to the hooks in the rear, My Dad used (carabeaner?) hooks that he got from the local hardware store. then you dont have to fish for them. they stick out of the <a href="https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/august2001/bedliner.html">bed liner</a>. Hope you understand what I am talkin about.

Old 03-26-2003, 06:30 AM
nafzimo
Posting Guru
New Liner!

Originally posted by PSD_Power
In regards to getting to the hooks in the rear, My Dad used (carabeaner?) hooks that he got from the local hardware store. then you dont have to fish for them. they stick out of the <a href="https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/august2001/bedliner.html"><a href="https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/august2001/bedliner.html">bed liner</a></a>. Hope you understand what I am talkin about.
Great idea, but then wouldn't I have to leave the plugs out all the time and stuff would get under the liner?

Matt

Old 03-26-2003, 09:19 AM
haroutd
Posting Guru
New Liner!

No you wouldn't, Matt. Have you ever seen the caribeaners that rope climbers use? That's what PSD_Power is suggesting we put in there. There should be enough play in them to move the caribeaner around & push it in/pull it out into position.

Old 03-26-2003, 11:51 AM
nafzimo
Posting Guru
New Liner!

I know what the clips look like, I just hadn't thought about having the room to leave them hang in there. Maybe I will give that a shot.