Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Trading Feedback
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Trading Feedback Share your experiences (good or bad) with doing deals with other FTE members/sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Post Fiend
2008 Ford F-250

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
RockAuto to the rescue....again.

I recently did a thorough brake restoration on the 67 Imperial in my sig. That car was kind of an orphan for Chrysler. It didn't share any of the braking or suspension components with other full size mopars of the era. The Budd front rotors/calipers were a 2 model year only run. Very limited production (appx 20k cars built for 67) so parts availability can be scarce. Problematic 4 piston calipers. Of course when I pulled mine they were toast. All 8 cylinders were scored beyond honing and some po jerk had replaced the pistons with something that sort of fit but did more damage than good.

Anyhow, an exhaustive local search through the usual means showed that the calipers were obsolete even though a few vendors still had them listed. Having used RockAuto for a lot of truck parts, I decided to give it a try. Ordered them last Monday evening and they were waiting for me when I got home from work Wednesday. Amazing. And only 117 bucks a piece plus a 25 dollar core charge. Very reasonable shipping (fedex) particularly considering the weight. Clear return instructions for the cores.

Thanks to rockauto once again. Looking forward to getting them on the car tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:10 AM
FTE Administrator
1964 Ford Falcon
My Garage

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Thanks for posting this. We've been thrilled with Rock Auto too, especially when it comes to hard to find parts. Thats one of the first sites hubby goes to now when looking for parts.

Sounds like a nice little project car you've got going there.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 06-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Trading Feedback

Tags
73, 96, auto, competitor, competitors, core, exhaust, f150, idi, return, rock, rockauto