Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
New User

Steeler Frank is starting off with a positive reputation.
Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com

Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com. I would like to know what other may think about this modification that they sell and/or if any others have had problems with the product or the company? Thanks.
Frank
Old 05-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Junior User

wchain is starting off with a positive reputation.
You're kidding right?
Gone: F250 CC Lariat V10, F250 CC Lariat PSD 4x4
Old 05-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Yeah - he's gotta be kidding.

Either that or he's spamming us...

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 05-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Hmmm $50 for 30+ horsepower. Sign me up!!!

Happy Wednesday to you all, even the troll.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
New User

Steeler Frank is starting off with a positive reputation.
Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com

Thanks guys. No I did not mean to be jerking anyone around. I am very inexperienced when it comes to these chips offered and the comapnies that offer them. I did not believe the advertised horsepower or mileage gains but I did think that they might give something and improve the performance. After these few replies - I guess not. Anyhow, I do appreciate your comments. I am no longer on top of that fence. Thanks.
Frank
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
No worries. We've had few 'members' (likely employees of the scam artist companies) post their tremendous results.

"If it seems to good to be true..."

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
For anything OBD-II that is basically 96 or newer, you need a programmer, not a chip. Diablosport is my preference and there is SuperChips programmers as well. Your gonna spend around $300 or more to get real results. All you will get out of those cheap chips is less power, less mpg and probably a ruined PCM.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 AM
New User

2005 silver Ford FX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't waste your time

I ordered one and then did some research a couple of days later. I know that was very stupid. I got the chip in the mail with no invoice (red flag) called the number twice and it went straight to voice mail (red flag). Went online to fill out the return form and of course the form is bogus(red flag). So now I got my bank involved and persuing a fraud claim.

This product will not be installed on my truck but more likley taken apart to examine the the compenents.

We should all report this to google as a scam.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LxMan1 View Post
For anything OBD-II that is basically 96 or newer, you need a programmer, not a chip. Diablosport is my preference and there is SuperChips programmers as well. Your gonna spend around $300 or more to get real results. All you will get out of those cheap chips is less power, less mpg and probably a ruined PCM.
Won't using these products void the warranty on the truck? Another reason why I want the ecoboost is because when my warranty is up it will get tuned to unleash more performance of that twin turbo motor! Of course.l
I won't go too crazy so that my milage won't be non existant. I know there is a trade off between erformance and fuel economy...I would like to be in the middle of a little better performance.

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior User

Jus2shy has a great reputation on FTE.Jus2shy has a great reputation on FTE.Jus2shy has a great reputation on FTE.Jus2shy has a great reputation on FTE.
Well the ecoboost is a direct injection motor. If you keep the same engine architecture (injectors, turbo, and such), you won't see any MPG droppage unless you floor it all over the place. At least that was the experience when I owned a saturn sky redline. Many owners that had the power upgraded reported increased fuel mileage as well because of optimized mapping of the other parts of the fuel curve by the tuners. I think with the stock injector setup, they were able to go from 260hp to around 330ish hp. I'd expect the ecoboost to hit probably around 400hp before needing either bigger turbos or larger injectors.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:30 AM
New User

2005 silver Ford FX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Warrenty and ECOboost

My truck is out of warranty but not gonna risk installing the miracle chip.
fficeffice" />>>
It's obvious the chip is a scam or they would stand behind their product.
>>
My coworker just bought an ecoboost and he says its f'n awesome. More horsepower than his 05 FX4 and about 5 MPG better. >>
>>
Old 08-25-2012, 11:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
autochipdirect, autochipsderect, autochipsdirect, autochipsdirectcom, ford, frank, package, performance, power, questionsautochipsdirectcom, review, reviews, steeler, v10, work