Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Anyone interested in a '48 COE? Panel truck?

There a nice looking '48 COE coming up at auction in northern WI, at least from the one picture it looks like a nice truck:

Click the image to open in full size.

There's also a '48-50 panel truck:

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Auctions - Jerry Andrews Auction

I don't know anything else about the auction other than what's posted on the auction web site. There's a lot of other Ford trucks and other makes of cars, trucks and parts. I wish I could go and buy something but I blew my money last week.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 05-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Elder User

thendrix is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok Bob here's what you do:

1) Go to the auction anyway
2) Buy both trucks because it's just money and you can't take it with you
3) Try to find a resonable explanation to tell the wife (you WILL fail at this step)
4) WHEN YOU GET HOME will the trucks to me
5) After the wife kills you, I will build the tucks in your honor like a shrine to Bob.

This way, your wife relieves her frustration, collects some life insurance money, I get two pretty decent trucks, and you get an ode to Bob for being the kind, giving soul that you are!!!

IT'S A WIN WIN WIN (sorta)

There was a time when I thought she was wrong. Turns out she was not wrong, she was mistaken.

" Life's tough. Life's tougher if your stupid. " John Wayne
Old 05-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
You're such a thoughtful person. Only problem I see, well two problems, I don't have the money and it's a 5 hour one way drive. The rest of your plan would probably work. One step I'd guarantee is my wife killing me. I got some heat for the Buick I bought last week. I'm sure there's more to come for that when I don't get the money out of it that I hope to.

Normally with my luck a sale like this would be two miles from my house and I'd still have no money. Just close enough to tease me.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
WOW! what a great Museum, ah I mean collection! wish it was close to me too, I could use that army jeep trailer. plus I could get myself into lots more trouble with some of the other stuff too

thanks for posting the link.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Looks like some nice trucks.

I like the "thendrix plan" sounds like it could work. Come on Bob, whats 5 hours? Since you'll be going out in a blaze of glory you could make it a last wild weekend!

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Too bad the auction wasn't scheduled for this past Saturday when the world was supposed to end. Then you'd have an excuse.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Post Fiend

How come it seems no one really cares about my well being? If I would go up there and buy something I'd have to find some place to call home.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
How come it seems no one really cares about my well being? If I would go up there and buy something I'd have to find some place to call home.
Bob, I care... And if you brought me that trailer you could stay here as long as you wanted (or needed ) besides I could use your expertise and assistance getting my F6 back together.

And I bet after you've been gone for a week or two your wife will realize that she misses you.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Bob, you don't need the cold winters and hot summers in Utah. Drive past there and settle in good ol' San Jose, where the weather is nice 9 months out of the year.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
Bob, you don't need the cold winters and hot summers in Utah. Drive past there and settle in good ol' San Jose, where the weather is nice 9 months out of the year.
Lol. Ya I was thinking you really should have a 48 panel to go with your 51 and 52.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Bob,

Once you bought that COE you could load your ol Buick up on it and come out west to the land of milk and honey. Any one of us would take you in, heck it might give my ol' lady something else to moan about and she'd get off my rear....lol

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Post Fiend

You guys really do care! All these offers for a new home are really heart warming I don't what to say. I could easily move anywhere I could have more than three months of not freezing my behind off and a longer driving season but the only problem is after the divorce I won't have anything to drive and if I did I'd probably wouldn't have money to put gas in them.

BTW, last night when I got home it was around 40°, I had to put on a heavy jacket. Global warming my a$$, I'm throwing a dozen tires soaked with oil on the bonfire.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

Ah well, We tried Bob

I just missed a good deal on a 66 Mustang. The way I look at it is that I dodged that bullet....LOL

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
48, 4850, 8n, adapters, classic, coe, engine, ford, panel, pannel, sale, tractor, truck, trucks, v8