Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Lightbulb Got Moles?...........

.................Then a sure fire remedy is a beagle. Our awesome 12 yr old beagle still has what it takes to hunt the varmints. lol She just caught one in the back yard and i dispatched it with my handy axe.

If you don't have a beagle, then the next best thing is one of these:

TomCat Mole Trap

I was skeptical at first, but i came home last night to find the trap sprung and the first mole caught.

We've been here 10+ yrs and this is the first time we've had to deal with moles. Nasty ugly varmints. If we weren't in city limits i'd have some fun with my .22. lol.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Got Moles?...........Better then having crabs ...
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
I had a collie/chow mix that was a mole/gopher killing machine. In a 3 week period, he brought 15 dead moles/gophers, and one live baby rabbit, to the back porch.
I dunno how he caught so many moles/gophers without even digging a little, but he did. The baby rabbit was a bit of surprise though. Aside from being a bit damp (understatement of the year) it was totally unharmed.....
Funny thing about that dog. The backyard was fenced, and most of the critters he placed on the porch came from outside the fence, yet he was never seen outside the fence. Honestly, I think most of those critters came from the pasture, as we only found 3 mole hills in the entire yard.
The dog also did an excellent job of keeping kids away from the pool if there wasn't an adult nearby. I still can't see how he could prefer to drink water from the pool over the fresh from the hydrant stuff, but he did. He used the water dish to wash the dirt/grass off his feet after he went swimming in the pool......
He disappeared one night 15 years after I first brought him home. Somehow, I always knew I would never find him dead.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Junior User

EddieBauer02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
yes..we got moles too. No beagle, only our ever faithful black lab. She's not so much the hunter of moles lol. Nearly lost my balance and fell over the other day while walking around the back yard.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Our awesome beagle caught mole #3 yesterday and dispatched it. Love my beagle.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just buy those pellet in the yellow cone (forget the name). Throw a few in the hole, cover it up and the moles are gone.
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Postmaster

Ya, if i didnt have little curious kids or a digging dog i would have tried the poison granules.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Posting Guru

RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
RAY.CECIL3
My two cats this spring:
5 moles
5 baby rabbits
6 birds
All completely gutted on our kitchen floor with all of the innards completly ate up. Im about raedy to gut a couple cats....lol
Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Posting Guru

Now that's gross finding that stuff on the kitchen floor.
2000 Ranger Regular cab
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Post Fiend

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
My current dog wouldn't know what to do if he encountered a mole. Kinda funny, small dog, and he only seems to be afraid of things smaller than himself.......
A Pomerainian, named Kujo. Born 1 week after the famous may 99 'nader.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 06-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Posting Guru

RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
RAY.CECIL3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff View Post
My current dog wouldn't know what to do if he encountered a mole. Kinda funny, small dog, and he only seems to be afraid of things smaller than himself.......
A Pomerainian, named Kujo. Born 1 week after the famous may 99 'nader.
Kujo seems to be a popular name for dogs these days...I think I know at least 5 Kujo dogs...
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Post Fiend

Yeah, everyone seems to be a copycat. I named the little fart that for scarcastic reasons, not to mention it fit the attitude well. He has mellowed out some over the last 12 years.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Postmaster

My beagle, Mille, does it again! This past weekend she helped catch another fat mole. The last few days we've been fighting them in the back yard. They didn't get in the trap but Mille pinned it in the tunnel. I got out there with a shovel and slammed it into the opposite end tunnel that was moving. It was a fat brown one. These things tear up the yard so bad. I wish my surrounding neighbors cared enough about their yards to dispatch these moles before they multiply and get into other yards.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 11-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Posting Guru

To bad you dog is a digger. Those poison pellets work great. I dump a 1/2 dozen in the tunnel, cover it up, and good by moles.

I guess the real way to get rid of them is to get rid of the grubs. From what I've read, grubs are one of the moles favorite food choices.
2000 Ranger Regular cab
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:00 AM
New User

NobleHdwe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB 88 View Post
I guess the real way to get rid of them is to get rid of the grubs. From what I've read, grubs are one of the moles favorite food choices.
That is a big reason. The fewer grubs you have, the fewer problems you will have. However, what he mentioned about the neighbors is a problem too. If the others around you don't help then you are still going to have them. Maybe only passing through your yard, but causing issues none the less.

I have had good luck with the wooden traps too, and a nice bonus is that they are made in Henryetta, OK!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter