6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sync bluetooth audio question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync bluetooth audio question

I was playing music from my iPhone via bluetooth the other day and ever since each time I get in the car now my iPhone starts playing music even if the radio in the truck is set to FM, Sirius, etc. I may not hear anything, but if I look at the phone I can see the iPod app playing. I went into the settings and shut off autoplay, but it continues.

Any ideas?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:58 PM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I have the same problem. I posted this question in the audio section but got no response. It's not a big deal but it will run your battery down a little sooner. Even if you shut the iPod app down it will start back up again in a few min.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggziff
I was playing music from my iPhone via bluetooth the other day and ever since each time I get in the car now my iPhone starts playing music even if the radio in the truck is set to FM, Sirius, etc. I may not hear anything, but if I look at the phone I can see the iPod app playing. I went into the settings and shut off autoplay, but it continues.

Any ideas?
Originally Posted by kmonty2
I have the same problem. I posted this question in the audio section but got no response. It's not a big deal but it will run your battery down a little sooner. Even if you shut the iPod app down it will start back up again in a few min.
I figured this out last summer. You have to press the MEDIA hard button below the radio button and change the SOURCE soft button from blue tooth to line in. That way the media player will be looking for a line-in source instead of the blue tooth source. I think it's a bug in the NAV software that connects to the blue tooth device for music even though you are listening to one of the radio options. Try that and you'll see that the truck will leave your iPhone alone when you want it to.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
I figured this out last summer. You have to press the MEDIA hard button below the radio button and change the SOURCE soft button from blue tooth to line in. That way the media player will be looking for a line-in source instead of the blue tooth source. I think it's a bug in the NAV software that connects to the blue tooth device for music even though you are listening to one of the radio options. Try that and you'll see that the truck will leave your iPhone alone when you want it to.
Epic is correct and I do agree it is a bug with the Bluetooth portion of the Nav. Same thing happens with my Blackberry.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Same thing happens to the droid phones, and my iPhone. When we try the solution Epic suggests then the Bluetooth does not pair up for using the hands free phone, so the music stops but making and answering phone calls then becomes an issue, right.

I gave up trying to stop the auto play, I just have to stop it on the phone every time I start the truck.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Thanks, guys...it was bugging me. You're right that's it's a code bug. Is there a way to open a ticket with Ford or the vendor on this?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:25 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Same thing happens to the droid phones, and my iPhone. When we try the solution Epic suggests then the Bluetooth does not pair up for using the hands free phone, so the music stops but making and answering phone calls then becomes an issue, right.

I gave up trying to stop the auto play, I just have to stop it on the phone every time I start the truck.
Hey Rusch - My phone still works fine with the media set to line-in. It connects via blue tooth for all the phone functions like it should. This workaround basically just disables playing music from the phone through blue tooth. There's really no need for that because I have two 16GB USB drives with music on them.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:34 AM
wharrell
Tuned

The problem is with the IPhone or IPod Touch. (depending on which you have).

I have the problem and I have the exact same problem when I plug the IPod Touch Wireless on an IHome Docking Station/Radio in my bedroom. It always immediately starts playing music from the library.

It appears to be a way for Apple to 'force you' to use their application just as you can not work with music on the Iphone/Ipod Touch outside of Itunes.

I have my own music collection and I don't want to load it into Itunes.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Hey Rusch - My phone still works fine with the media set to line-in. It connects via blue tooth for all the phone functions like it should. This workaround basically just disables playing music from the phone through blue tooth. There's really no need for that because I have two 16GB USB drives with music on them.
Ya, you are right, there are several ways to configure things and none of them work the way I like. When ipod is plugged in, I don't like the SYNC navigation of tunes, when I use bluetooth for ipod, I like the ipod interface to get to the music but it always starts playing before I want it to. And then, the phone bluetooth mixed in.....

Jump drives are a good way. I like to use Pandora radio too, so it's just something to deal with. I took the FM antenna off my truck the day I got it, don't even know where it is, lol........

Old 05-20-2011, 09:02 AM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
I here you about the radio antenna. A guy at work had his stolen and did not even know it was gone. So then the next day I checked for mine, I didn't know if mine was there either. I only listen to Sirius or my iPhone, never the radio. All the sports are on the satellite radio too.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you leave your bluetooth on the phone and SYNC will auto detect and start to play. Just go to your iPod/iPhone etc and double tap the home button to bring current programs up and turn it off. No biggie.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
W7PSK
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea my Droid X is driving me nuts. I dont think its a Sync issue though. My Problem is I like to use Tune-in radio to get stations around the USA from where I been in the Navy and when bluetooth connects the stupid Music Player on the droid starts up. Have to pause it then start Tune in. Annoying as heck.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sgt93
If you leave your bluetooth on the phone and SYNC will auto detect and start to play. Just go to your iPod/iPhone etc and double tap the home button to bring current programs up and turn it off. No biggie.
I think it is a biggie. I've set the radio to disable auto-play and I need to leave the BT on for the phone stuff to work.

It shouldn't do this. It's not the end of the world (that's tomorrow), but I still can't help being bugged by it sucking battery life without my input.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:33 PM
doczenith1
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by W7PSK
Yea my Droid X is driving me nuts. I dont think its a Sync issue though. My Problem is I like to use Tune-in radio to get stations around the USA from where I been in the Navy and when bluetooth connects the stupid Music Player on the droid starts up. Have to pause it then start Tune in. Annoying as heck.
Here's how I fixed this on my Droid X. Go to Settings|Wireless & networks|Bluetooth settings and the at the bottom of my screen it shows SYNC under Bluetooth devices. If I long press on SYNC it brings up a menu with Options at the bottom. After selecting options I can uncheck the box for Media (Use for media audio). That did the trick for me.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM
kmonty2
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by doczenith1
Here's how I fixed this on my Droid X. Go to Settings|Wireless & networks|Bluetooth settings and the at the bottom of my screen it shows SYNC under Bluetooth devices. If I long press on SYNC it brings up a menu with Options at the bottom. After selecting options I can uncheck the box for Media (Use for media audio). That did the trick for me.
But what if you want to stream music via bluetooth? Does it still work or do you have to re-enable it?

Quick Reply: Sync bluetooth audio question