1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's COMPLETE, Microsoft SYNC in 2008 F-350

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jc8825
I don't see justification for the time or money spent on this project. To each his own, but do you actually use that stuff? I have never used a GPS. I don't own an iPod. I have never need a backup camera or sensors. I don't have a cell phone that has BlueTooth capability. I just don't see it.
Just how sour are those grapes? You've never used a GPS? Why not? It's great. You might as well say you've never used a map, either, that you just navigate using the sun, and sextants are for wusses. You don't always need a backup camera or sensors, but they sure are nice to have, especially when lining up to a bumper pull trailer you can't see or else thought the way was clear behind you but didn't notice something that the sensors might catch before you wreck something. And seriously, what cell phone these days doesn't have bluetooth? You sound like one of those self-righteous grumps who insist texting is stupid--until they get a device that makes it easy and they begin to understand how handy it can be.

PS Don't get caught talking on your cell phone in school zones.

I have been in vehicles with GPS, and I find that I rarely agree with the route it directs me to take. I like to take rural roads and not Interstate highways in most cases.
That's why GPS units have "avoidances" you can select, like toll ways, highways, U-turns, etc. Just because you haven't bothered to look into it doesn't make it not exist.

If it were 1960, I would get along just fine the way it was done.
It's not 1960. If it were, you wouldn't have been driving a far more powerful and capable PSD with disc brakes, etc.

Also, as far as sleeping, eating, shopping, etc., I would plan what towns I would stop in along the way and know where the establishments are in those towns.
Yeah, in my travels everything always goes according to plan.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Well I thought it was a dang cool project. If I'd have done it I'd probably been electrocuted. That or burned my truck to the ground.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Pig929
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how can I get one of those Custom wiring harnesses

Old 10-10-2013, 07:43 PM
MX727
Senior User
Originally Posted by Firekite
It's not 1960. If it were, you wouldn't have been driving a far more powerful and capable PSD with disc brakes, etc.
Or discussing how he doesn't use technology on an internet forum. Ironic?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MX727

Or discussing how he doesn't use technology on an internet forum. Ironic?
That was my first reaction too!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:47 PM
2008f450
New User
sync upgrade

Hey can you give me his info? I have a 2008 f450. I have nav and Sirius and backup sensors. But I wanted to install sync, rear backup camera. Thanks!! $

Originally Posted by mackda600
What many said could not be done, has been seamlessly integrated into my 2008 f-350 king ranch.

I started with a stock 2008 KR. that contained the older style factory nav unit.

I wanted to upgrade the unit, and maintain the factory look to the newer 2011 style nav units, and add iPod integration, Bluetooth phone support, reverse camera, etc.

With the help of a user of this forum, I was able to do just that.

I purchased a 2011 headunit on eBay, as well as the reverse camera/tailgate handle.

All of the programming/and custom harnesses (harnesses all contain factory connections for a PLUG AND PLAY install, the harness are all wire loomed and taped and look just like ford OEM).

THE GUY REALLY DOES SOME QUALITY WORK WITH ALL OEM PARTS! his tech support is second to none, and he always answered the phone when I called with a question.

The parts I needed to do the entire swap:

Rearview mirror with mic and display

Both left and right steering wheel control buttons

Steering wheel harness

Sync module

2011 head unit

Amplifier for head unit

Externally mounted OEM GPS/Sirius antenna and splitter cable

Tailgate camera/handle

Custom plug and play harness'

I am also sure there is some other pars I am missing.

If anyone has any questions, PM me and I will share both my experience and his contact information.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:25 PM
ALR1955
5th Wheeling
Thumbs up

Congrats on the installation - you'll love the availability of all that was installed. I lost my camera when someone stole my tailgate but found a replacement and picking it up tomorrow. It doesn't have a camera in the replacement but it will soon when I get it back home!!

Old 03-17-2015, 09:03 PM
05F250DSL
Fleet Mechanic
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Congrats on getting it done. I'm a big fan of factory looking stuff. I don't like the looks of most aftermarket equipment. I did add backup sensors to my truck which makes parallel parking much nicer.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:26 AM
king ranch 357
New User
Need help

What many said could not be done, has been seamlessly integrated into my 2008 f-350 king ranch.

I started with a stock 2008 KR. that contained the older style factory nav unit.

I wanted to upgrade the unit, and maintain the factory look to the newer 2011 style nav units, and add iPod integration, Bluetooth phone support, reverse camera, etc.

I purchased a 2011 headunit on eBay, as well as the reverse camera/tailgate handle.

All of the programming/and custom harnesses (harnesses all contain factory connections for a PLUG AND PLAY install, the harness are all wire loomed and taped and look just like ford OEM).

THE GUY REALLY DOES SOME QUALITY WORK WITH ALL OEM PARTS! his tech support is second to none, and he always answered the phone when I called with a question.

Steering wheel harness

Sync module

2011 head unit

Amplifier for head unit

Tailgate camera/handle

If anyone has any questions, PM me and I will share both my experience and his contact information.
Thanks for sharing and im hoping you can help. I also have a 2008 King Ranch with factory Navigation. I recently purchassed a 2014 My Touch along with the bezzel. I tried installing it, but the plugs are not the same. Can you help??

Old 11-05-2015, 01:38 AM
Cary1
New User
Interested of installing a 2009 or newer radio on a 2008 Ford Expedition hoping you could help me with your experience if this even possible. Considering I don't have sync system but I am very interested and hoping to add reverse camera. Please advice if possible greatly appreciate it.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ninerM1000
Parking lots aren't made for CC longbox trucks!

sadly even the X cabs like mine with long beds have a harder time in parking lots...

interesting thread by the way, kinda thinking of trying the same for my truck, or even Mustang....

Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 AM
djkenny
New User
Adding sync system in 08 expedition EL

Steering wheel harness

Sync module

2011 head unit

Amplifier for head unit

Tailgate camera/handle

Will this work for an 08 exp el?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:34 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've always said it could be done but wouldn't be worth the cost. Though now that most parts may be turning up in the bone yard that may not be the case anymore. My 94 Mustang didn't come with a 351, but for some reason it seems like a logical project for me this winter, though I would't have messed with it when new. As they get older mods make more sense. How much did the project run you? Did you do the labor, or did it all get contracted out?

Old 11-30-2015, 01:34 PM
rlanicek
Junior User
I don't talk on the phone while driving. I generally hate the phone. In Texas, it is only illegal to talk on the phone in school zones. As far as traveling, I plan my route beforehand, and I use a road atlas if need be.
How old are you?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:08 PM
eberlestock
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have all those features in my 2012 work truck. I couldn't live a day without them. I work out of my truck and do about 4000miles a month. Great stuff.

Quick Reply: It's COMPLETE, Microsoft SYNC in 2008 F-350