1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

one thing after another.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Mdt1992
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing after another.

well after fixing the pulley and radiator i was going good for a while. got my chip in last week just keeping it on the 50hp setting untill i hooked up my etg gauge up this morning, went with the digital one someone had posted mounted right there next to the wait to start and dummy lights, but the chip really woke the truck up from what it was, alot faster, shifts alot better, and blows smoke pretty good for having stock sticks. etgs arnt bad at all cant get it up to 1200 without having the pedal to the floor for a while. but this afternoon was headed home got in the truck went to put her in drive and the shifter just was limp as can be and did nothing, thought oh great im here with no tools so i got the girl to hold down on the brake, put the e-brake on just in case ha. reached underneth and moved it to drive and got the truck home, took apart my coulum and found the tube had broke in 2 right there at the rearward bushing. gonna go get a new one tommorow afternoon guess i should of messed with it sooner, has been feeling really sloopy for some time now but still worked. oh and when i was tapping my manifold i noticed my oil cooler is leaking a bit of antifreeze, so atleast i know where that smell is coming from now. that will be the next thing, should be easier to fix on the 4x4 then hopefully next month will be the stage one injector install. woohoo

Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Aren't chips great, when I first drove my truck I said, oh great, I bought a Dog! I'll remember that if my shifter gets bad.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Mdt1992
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i put it in and immdiatly noticed how it shifted, got one it pretty good one time and it really woke it up. replaced the shift tube and plunger today with new bushings, it all came to right at 50 bucks at the dealership, no more slop in the handle, feels a hell of alot firmer