6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lost turbo pressure today??

Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 PM
KenLaffin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had this issue severl times My truck has 8,000 miles and is in the shop for the last 10 days they have ordered an EGR cooler we will test the truck tomorrow to see if it the problem or if Ford is just swapping parts. My local dealer is not very good when it comes to "FIXING" anything. I will repost when I know more.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,404 Likes on 1,000 Posts
sticky EGR valve maybe.

Go out and open that thing up a bit.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:32 PM
12bash
New User
Mine has been clanging away since new. It is under very light load at low rpm's that the banging occurs and often, but not always, the boost pressure jumps around. It is in the dealership for the third time and Ford admits they are aware of the problem but have yet to say what the fix is. This problem has caused my check engine light to come on three times now. The error code the dealer is getting is stating a low boost condition.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:45 AM
vermilian
Senior User
Has this issue been resolved? I ask because it seems to have happened to me. I was driving the truck last week, cruising at about 50km/H as I went to press the pedal a little harder to downshift the truck to drop down a gear, the truck felt very sluggish and I looked at my boost gauge and noticed I had no boost pressure at all. I made the whole trip with no lost pressure. The weird part was once arrived to my destination and shut the truck off, I came back an hour later started driving and it's like nothing ever happened.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:19 AM
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by vermilian
Has this issue been resolved? I ask because it seems to have happened to me. I was driving the truck last week, cruising at about 50km/H as I went to press the pedal a little harder to downshift the truck to drop down a gear, the truck felt very sluggish and I looked at my boost gauge and noticed I had no boost pressure at all. I made the whole trip with no lost pressure. The weird part was once arrived to my destination and shut the truck off, I came back an hour later started driving and it's like nothing ever happened.
Hi Vermilian,

As the problem reoccured? Let me know, I might be able to help. Send me a PM if you require my assistance!

Thanks,

Mathieu

Old 03-10-2016, 10:05 AM
smithjd3
New User
I have a 2006 F250 diesel and have experienced a similar problem. The wrench indicator line come on and I loose turbo boost. I pull over to side of the road and turn the engine off and it resets and my turbo boost returns.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Troy LaClair
New User
Anyone have a fix for this issue yet

been scanning the threads trying to find a solution.
I have a 11 6.7 that has been randomly loosing boost . Power the truck down and back on all good.
took the truck in ( extended warranty) initially dealer replaced wastegate seleniod, problem came back. Replaced wastegate actuator. Problem came back.
Turbo was leaking oil so dealer replaced my turbo. Problem came back within 2 days of new turbo.
There was a TSB for a PCM flash due to wastegate issues. That was done as well.
dealer and I are both at our wits end. No codes ever show up. Always seems to happen when I am either too far away from dealer or the dealer is closed.

sorry for digging up old thread. Love this truck and don't want to give it up but this random turbo issue is really making look.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:04 PM
AggieFord
Freshman User
Was there ever a remedy to this issue?

The reason I'm asking is that it happened to me today, started moving after a red light and the truck seemed very sluggish. Then it downshifted going up a small hill that it never downshifts before. I looked, and noticed the turbo gauge at 0, no boost. I pulled over, turned it off, then restarted to still no boost, and the truck is very under-powered. I looked over the area, and do not notice any leaks, also no leaks underneath. I hooked up my OBD reader, and no codes.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT 8/5 = Decided to start a new thread since this was an old one ( https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17376822 ).

Old 11-09-2017, 04:54 AM
CLA
New User
Originally Posted by FordServiceCA
Hi Vermilian,

As the problem reoccured? Let me know, I might be able to help. Send me a PM if you require my assistance!

Thanks,

Mathieu

hi been having trouble with my 2011 6.7 with lower turbo presher coming and going. Runs normal psi most of the time but then randomly will get stuck as low as 13psi.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:34 PM
JamesEddy
New User
Originally Posted by FordServiceCA
Hi Vermilian,

Thanks,

Mathieu
Mathieu,

Do you have a fix for this issue? My fathers 2012 f-350 has the same symptoms. The turbo will work fine until the ignition is switched off, then (upon restart), the turbo will quit until the ignition is cycled again, at which point it works fine. He is contemplating getting rid of the truck (100% stock w/ 130,000kms), or deleting the DPF/EGR and doing a flush to clean the turbo. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:17 PM
CLA
New User
Originally Posted by JamesEddy
Mathieu,

Do you have a fix for this issue? My fathers 2012 f-350 has the same symptoms. The turbo will work fine until the ignition is switched off, then (upon restart), the turbo will quit until the ignition is cycled again, at which point it works fine. He is contemplating getting rid of the truck (100% stock w/ 130,000kms), or deleting the DPF/EGR and doing a flush to clean the turbo. Any help is greatly appreciated.
my experience with this problem was with 2011 6.7L it was the waste gate on the turbo. i believe it was caused from the vacuum pump behind the water pump on the front of the motor that runs the waste gate. as the bolts on the vacuum pump are very common to come loose and run the seal on the pump. mine where so loose i could move them with my figures. if you have a pil leak coming from the front of your motor that it a good chance its a slow leak from this vacuum pump seal. hope that helps.