Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Senior User

BigHazard has a very good reputation on FTE.BigHazard has a very good reputation on FTE.BigHazard has a very good reputation on FTE.
My Project.. The 6-door 4x4.

So this is my project.

I bought this truck out of texas rolled and bought another flood out of hurricane Katrina. Thats where this project started.
Click the image to open in full size.
Raised the roof a little
Cab coming off
Done first time. These two were the rollover and a flood. I bought the bed from a coop. At this point she is 3 trucks.. You can’t see it but it got hit on the other side and the bed is messed up and the rear axle is bent. The front axle is still broken (pinion snapped off) from the roll.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to stand next to your baby with a sawzall?
Donor truck #4
Coming together.
Getting her all welded up. The beginnings of Big Hazzard the 6-door 4x4.
Getting ready for paint.
Getting a little muddy. Pulled a Cadillac that had no keys through a muddy field in park.
Now add my cousins roll over for donor truck #5. I took his front axle and wheels.
8 inch lift and 40" Military Tires, 05 headlights ,7 cab lights, Cowl Hood, Predator Programmer, 4inch Exhaust, Custom Grille, oh yeah and 6-doors / 9 passengers.

I don’t own a body shop and don’t make that much money (what I do the x gets most of). This truck is 5 years of tax returns and a lot of work. Oh yeah and my buddy owns the shop (that helps). I figured it up after selling all of the parts off the various other trucks I have about 11k in this thing. It just rolled over (no pun intended) 106,000 on an 02 f-250 drive train. We lovingly refer to it as the “MONSTER” because its like Frankenstein. Made out of pieces
If it doesnít take gas or wear makeup I donít want to play with it
Old 05-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Freshman User

cadman2b is starting off with a positive reputation.
Love it!!! That is what I was thinking of doing to mine, but just made it a crew with 6 1/2' bed. Not much invested in it either, since I have owned the truck since 2000, bought it rolled then. Friends are very nice to have around!
Like I said Nice truck!!

Bryan
Old 05-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Senior User

BigHazard has a very good reputation on FTE.BigHazard has a very good reputation on FTE.BigHazard has a very good reputation on FTE.
Nice Man

Shoved a v10 in that thing. THAT IS SWEET!!!!! Nice work dude...
Old 05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Posting Guru

Ziegelsteinfaust is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bet an aircraft carrier can do tighter turns.

But it is a good looking truck, and I will trade you for some magic beans.

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Nice work!

1954 F100 4x4, 300, NP435/NP205
Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Senior User

Thanks Guys

Yeah it doesnt turn or park that well. Fordman75 I have a 54 also, but yours looks good compared to mine.. I might be hitting you up in hte futture to get some info on where you found your stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman75 View Post
Nice work!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHazard View Post
Yeah it doesnt turn or park that well. Fordman75 I have a 54 also, but yours looks good compared to mine.. I might be hitting you up in hte futture to get some info on where you found your stuff.
Man if my 54 looks good compared to yours, wow! Yours must be pretty rough.

If/when you have any questions feel free to ask. I can't guarantee I'll be able to give you any helpful answers but I'll try.

1954 F100 4x4, 300, NP435/NP205
Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
New User

Brothersjo is starting off with a positive reputation.
F250 crewcab long bed

i purchased a 2002 F250 crewcab long bed v10 4x4. all options... i was thinking... can i rip off the long bed and place an ext cab behind the for doors, then weld? would this work
Old 05-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Senior User

I am not sure.

My truck is 10 inches longer than a 4-door longbed. If I remember right the frame moves upward right before the bed so you woudl have to do some serious modifications to that cab and then shorten the bed or extend the rear of the frame 10 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersjo View Post
i purchased a 2002 F250 crewcab long bed v10 4x4. all options... i was thinking... can i rip off the long bed and place an ext cab behind the for doors, then weld? would this work
Old 05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Dirty Old Man in training

BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Good looking labor of love!

>> Do you have any idea how hard it is to stand next to your baby with a sawzall?

Yeah. I imagine it's a lot like taking a drill to the hull of your boat the first time that you realize that the electronics aren't factory installed.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Posting Guru

nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.
Turned out fantabulous! Good to see REAL kustom work.
98 Jetta VR6
82 Mercedes 300SD, fuel screw adjusted.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Senior User

Its not so pretty

If you get close to it the paints not that grreat and I have added some character (scratches and dents) since it was done. I took it 4-wheeling 5 days after paint and done a lot with it since. I always say "its a go truck not a show truck".. I put it in one show just so I could have my cooler of beer closer without walking 4 blocks and it was received pretty well. You always have the guys talking trash cause you can see oil leaks and ect... I hadnt even washed it. But its a lot of fun. When I get my excursion roof skin I am gonna 2-tone it with gun metal grey on bottom and red on top. I might even put some flames in the grey. But I havent decided. It all takes time and money and I dont have a lot of either.. Thanks for the compliments fellas... see you on the street of in a mud hole some where.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Posting Guru

78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
[quote=BigHazard;10340581]

Do you have any idea how hard it is to stand next to your baby with a sawzall?
[quote=BigHazard;10340581]

Yes.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Postmaster

teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.
I am thinking of doing the supercab extension on my 70s crew. It makes for a really long truck, but I think it is cool. Keep up the good work.

Old truck: 74 F250 Converted 4WD sold
Some other 4 wheeled vehicles also reside in the driveway
Old 09-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Senior User

That would be cool

I ran across probably a high school kid with a long bed x-cab.. 77-79 or something right there.. Man it was sweet. dark blue a ghost flame job.. It was in Wichita. he said his dad and him built it and they did a great job. People dont understand the work it takes to restore old cars... My truck was tough enough with out 40+ years of dents and weather to repair. My hats off to all of them
Old 09-16-2011, 04:14 PM