Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Who's up for some wrenchin in a couple of weeks? -Back on for 7/9 !

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's up for some wrenchin in a couple of weeks? -Back on for 7/9 !

I got a bad case of the PMS the other day and ordered some goodies for the truck..

I've got a set of bellowed up-pipes and a Riffraff FRx kit on the way.. they should be here next Wed. and a wicked wheel that should be here next week sometime.

I've also got a 3 gauge pillar and a pyro guage on the shelf waiting to be installed.

I've started collecting parts to do the ebpv delete: 20mm freeze plug, and a 1/4" pipe plug for the pedestal. I considered buying the blank pedestal and turbo outlet,
but in the end decided to put that money into the FRx.

Time permitting, I'd like to change the coolant filter and fuel filter, flush the coolant and refill with the ELC stuff I got on sale a while back at wally world.

The plan is to pull it into the shop wed. or thursday night and pull off the intake and turbo so I can give the up-pipe bolts a good soakin at least a couple of times before we go to pull them off, then hit the ground runnin Sat. morning.

Anybody that want to help or just hang out, I'll pick up some beer and burger fixins..

Old 05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
I got a bad case of the PMS the other day and ordered some goodies for the truck from Riffraff
I see we use the same supplier.
I've also got a 3 gauge pillar and a pyro guage on the shelf waiting to be installed.
Same here, got a 3 gauge pillar & F650 lower dash waiting on the the truck to escape from the body shop. Rumor has it she'll be done next week...waiting on the front bumper.
Anybody that want to help or just hang out, I'll pick up some beer and burger fixins..
Right now, I'm going to have to pass. Supposed to have buddy from Tulsa in town. But if that falls through I'm game. Need to install my Pyro, Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges....

Old 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM
jjski78
Tuned
Wife permitting I'm game. Can't do any heavy lifting with my broken back but I can man the grill and help where I can.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Uh, forgot to ask...which weekend are you talking about? Sounds like the week before Memorial Day weekend...but wanted to make sure we're talking about the right weekend. Memorial Day weekend is out of the question...won't even be in the state. I'm off part of the weekend before that (I think...been hearing rumors) and I'm working the Saturday after Memorial day. This 6 on & 2 off rotating schedule can really screw up a social life.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:47 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here. Memorial day weekend I will not be available. The 14th is iffy for me, but I should be good to go on the 21st.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well let's see.... I'll come help you if you'll help me swap the engine in my 53. The rear main seal has started leaking and the engine has to come out to replace it so I might as well put the low mileage engine out of the car my wife drove while I'm at it. I plan to pull that engine this weekend and do a few things before installation.... so?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Assuming everything gets here, I'm talking about the 21st.

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Well let's see.... I'll come help you if you'll help me swap the engine in my 53. The rear main seal has started leaking and the engine has to come out to replace it so I might as well put the low mileage engine out of the car my wife drove while I'm at it. I plan to pull that engine this weekend and do a few things before installation.... so?
We've got a cherry picker, leveling block, but its in the shop where the truck will be. There's a chain hoist on a big rolling a-frame out in the yard.. pulled many a motor with that one before the cherry picker.. Course we could always pull it in the shop after we finish mine.

I say drop the other one in the bed and bring er on..

Old 05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
I would love to help but I won't be back yet. I am game for anything in July, cause I'm gonna need help when I do mine. Mostly gonna need help when it comes time to paint! Still got to figure out how much I'm going to need!

Old 05-14-2011, 02:36 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
The first of my goodies showed up today:

<iframe title ="Preview" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="width:320px;height:239px;padding:0;backgrou nd-color:#fcfcfc;" src="http://cid-252b282fb69007b3.office.live.com/embedphoto.aspx/.Public/73.jpg"></iframe>

Old 05-14-2011, 03:28 PM
jjski78
Tuned
Think we could do a wrench-o-rama and change my oil pan gasket and possibly rear main if it's actually leaking? I'll bring some food and suds. Tired of the ever growing oil stain on the driveway.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:43 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jjski78
Think we could do a wrench-o-rama and change my oil pan gasket and possibly rear main if it's actually leaking? I'll bring some food and suds. Tired of the ever growing oil stain on the driveway.
I dunno, we've got quite a bit to do to mine.. plus possibly a motor swap for Jeff..

I've never changed a rear main, don't you have to drop the crank to get to that?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:45 PM
95Z71
Elder User
Nice Joe, what weekend did you decide on?

Old 05-14-2011, 05:18 PM
jjski78
Tuned
I dunno, we've got quite a bit to do to mine.. plus possibly a motor swap for Jeff..

I've never changed a rear main, don't you have to drop the crank to get to that?
Nope, just gotta pull the tranny.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 PM
95Z71
Elder User
Nevermind, i see it's gonna be next weekend. I'll be there.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well I didn't get the engine pulled out of the car this weekend, so I guess we won't have to worry about swapping mine. I hope things at work slow down just a little or I might be working instead of helping wrench.

Quick Reply: Who's up for some wrenchin in a couple of weeks? -Back on for 7/9 !