Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Welcome to the chapter: jjski78

Lets give a warm welcome to the latest member of the chapter: jjski78

Welcome to the chapter!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Welcome to the chapter, glad to have another dentside fan around here. I see you have a 300 as well, gotta love them bad boys!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:56 PM
jjski78
Tuned
Yup, 300 2WD. And I live right next to you in Austin. Got some wrench time to put in though. Rear main seal is leaking pretty good and the head needs to be replaced.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Welcome. Good to see another gas burner. ;-)

Old 05-12-2011, 03:37 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the chapter, glad to have you.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Welcome. Good to see another gas burner. ;-)
Oh great, it's bad enough those of us running the 6.0L aren't welcome in the SuperDuty forum (the V10 guys get bent out of shape)...now we're getting "black balled" in our own chapters....

Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
jjski78
Tuned
If it's any consolation my wife drives a diesel. It's a VW TDI, but still a diesel.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome! I'll get you added to the member list.

Originally Posted by zhilton
now we're getting "black balled" in our own chapters....
I don't think you should be talking about your ***** here. Besides, when you drive a 6.OH! it's the 7.3 guys you gotta take all the junk from.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Welcome to the nut house, I see you've already met some of the more vocal inmates A gasser... gasp.... what are we going to do with a gasser?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jjski78
If it's any consolation my wife drives a diesel. It's a VW TDI, but still a diesel.
I came real close to buyin one of those, how does she like it?

Originally Posted by zhilton
Oh great, it's bad enough those of us running the 6.0L aren't welcome in the SuperDuty forum
Is anyone really welcome in there?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Neat, I've heard those are pretty robust engines that will last forever if reasonably taken care of. At one time I was taking a serous look at a '02 Jetta TDI for a daily commuter. But when I realized for a mere $1k more I could have a really nice truck. Well, the rest is history.
Originally Posted by cookie88
I don't think you should be talking about your ***** here. Besides, when you drive a 6.OH! it's the 7.3 guys you gotta take all the junk from.
Hey, if you've seen some of Leno's toys on History...."***** out" is an interesting term as well. Both didn't originally have anything to do with the human anatomy. I know you 7.3L (PSD) guys are just like the V10 clowns....ENVIOUS of the power out a 6.0L
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I see you've already met some of the more vocal inmates
Says our fear-less lead inmate.
Originally Posted by tojoski
Is anyone really welcome in there?
I hear the 5.4L guys are safe; but I don't spend much time in there to know that for a fact.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Well once I get back if you need help just let me know. I am going to put a clutch in, replace all she gaskets in my tranny and transfer case, repaint (gonna need help on that) and put a lift kit on. I have some work ahead of me in 2 months! lol

Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM
jjski78
Tuned
Originally Posted by tojoski
I came real close to buyin one of those, how does she like it?
She loves her VWs, this is her third one. What started out as going in for a free oil change on her gas 09 sportwagen turned into driving off the lot in a 2011 sportwagen TDI. She does get the occasional way too "helpful" person at the gas station telling her she's gonna destroy her engine putting diesel in it. On a trip to Charlotte and back she averaged almost 50MPG. Can't beat that with a dead cat. Of course, my DD Hyundai gets 40MPG and burns much cheaper regular unleaded, but it will probably be dead and gone long before hers even gets broken in.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
jjski78
Tuned
And since I didn't do a formal introduction: My name is Joe, I'm in the Air Force, probably won't be for much longer due to medical reasons. I'm also a semi-pro detailer. I say semi-pro because it's basically side work for now. Before I joined the force I was a Honda mechanic, and my 79 is the first Ford I have ever owned. Had 2 GM products, and because of those I have driven foreign cars ever since. Even though I was raised with Fords in the driveway. Guess it was my rebellion.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
She does get the occasional way too "helpful" person at the gas station telling her she's gonna destroy her engine putting diesel in it.
A couple of weeks after buying my truck, my wife pulls into a local gas station to fill up on B20. The lady behind the counter tells her that since this is the 3rd fill up with B20...that she (my wife) would need to replace all the fuel lines in the truck since the biodiesel dissolves the rubber. Needless to say I get a panic'd phone call from her....it took me quite a while to explain to my wife that the truck is safe...it will burn B20 with no problem. I've done allot of reading about biodiesel (before and after buying my truck in '07); I'm far from an expert on it...but I feel like I'm an informed consumer.
Of course, my DD Hyundai gets 40MPG and burns much cheaper regular unleaded, but it will probably be dead and gone long before hers even gets broken in.
I don't know about prices where your at, but in Carthage, MO (where I work) dino-diesel & 89 octane gas were within 15 cents of each other on Wednesday; premium was 8 cents higher. Been a long time since I've seen that.
And since I didn't do a formal introduction: My name is Joe
My name is Zack and I'm a locomotive engineer by trade. I've owned Fords since I was 16. But I've also had a couple of "other" brands in the driveway. Recently a Honda joined the fleet of Fords...but I'm quick to point out that's the wife's ride and it was free.

By the way...free welcome to stop by the monthly BS thread. The discussions are usually entertaining to say the least.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 PM
jjski78
Tuned
Originally Posted by mudder460
Well once I get back if you need help just let me know. I am going to put a clutch in, replace all she gaskets in my tranny and transfer case, repaint (gonna need help on that) and put a lift kit on. I have some work ahead of me in 2 months! lol

You have paint equipment? I'll help you if you help me, mine needs paint BAD!! I'm more than likely gonna do the rear main before you get back so I can run some Auto-RX through it to take care of my sludge problem. Don't wanna clean it out until I have a new seal though. Don't feel like turning a slow drip into a torrential downpour of oil.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the chapter: jjski78