1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT the hamb sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:49 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT the hamb sucks

OMG in 5 post on the hamb the guys there were plan out jerks. I put down i was retired and 48 and got some dum a$$$$$ saying i was better then him. If he only knew why i'm retired. THANK GOD for fte. Said something about a 68 mustang and you would have thought i peed in there corn flakes.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 AM
lexcoe
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not a member of the Hamb and wouldnt anytime soon, just reading some of the things said to so called newbies was enuff to put me off.
They are for the most part totally intolerant of anything that doesnt fit the so called traditional type cars they favour, so much for individuality in hot rodding.
The HAMB is for narrow minded intolerant jerks, or at least it sure seems that way....MAYBE its a case of a few bad apples, but PROBABLY not........John

Old 05-10-2011, 05:13 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Remember there are a whole bunch of 15 yr old posers over there - The closest that they have gotten to a car is Mom's Dodge Mini Van

Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
I do a lot of reading over there. There are some amazing guys doing some amazing things. It does get hard to ignore all the "old skool" jerk offs who get off and being rude and abrasive though

Bobby

Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
The old saying...if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen...applies here.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
It looks like you were asking about parts for your Mustang? That wouldn't fly, it's pre-'64 only.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
to be honest ..even I have run off at the mouth with out engageing the brain first...and yes this place is better I think because we allow a wider collection of crazy..

Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, it does...SUCKS BIG TIME!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
YEP

Originally Posted by CharlieLed
The old saying...if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen...applies here.
I SMELL what your stepping in. More like a outhouse than a kitchen. LOL Guess if ya ain't got something nice to say to someone Don't say anything. Thats a quote from thumper in the movie BAMBI. lol lol lol

Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Of course you are entitled to your opinion.....but I think the Hamb is great! Sure there are some rules, and some A holes, but the technical advise and the creative talent is UNMATCHED to any where that I have found. And yes, I have gotten "reamed out" a couple of times for posting stupid stuff, but I don't take it personally. You gotta have a thick skin.
FTE is definately more sunshine and daisies...but I like them both

Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
38Chevy454
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Take it for what it is and understand the purpose is for traditional style rods. There is tremendous amount of good information and some great technical articles. It used to be much worse on newbies and had less posers. I wish it still was like the old days and weeded out the ones that could not take it. I have been on there over 10 years, although not as much lately since it just moves too fast to keep up. Since it is free and you can choose to go on there by your choice, do what you want.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:11 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
welp as i have said many times i got booted from there due to my opinions and questioning some including the mod ryan . so i'm sure ya don't need my opinion . and before anyone runs off and says it , yes i can be an A__HOLE of the extreme kind when pushed . fte is the best site for just general bull and info period , thats why i am always here on one forum or another !! even right now though i can run off at the mouth and have a generally cranky poor attitude as i am just flat tired and worn out from being at work 14 hours a day 6 days a week , but the guys'n' gals here no this and just blow it off and let me say and do the dumb thing and cool off and then we can all laugh at my goofy old **** together . everyone here including the ones i may disagree with i will call friends period and if i got something or can help with something for you i will do it as they wiil for you !!!!!!! flat out the best site anywhere !!!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
I used to work for AOL as a chat room host and a message board monitor. After that experience, I can pretty much take anything that anyone can dish out, anywhere.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
epp
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
allot of good info over there. Just have to wade thru the b.s, ignore the ******'s and go on. Its a great place to check out the different build threads and i really enjoy allot of the picture threads. but spend most of my time here. where the folks are like family, and even if they don't care much for the direction your going with your truck, they will still help if they can.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
I frequent the HAMB, you gotta remember theres more trafic on that site than this one thus lots more opinions, there`s a lot of great builds and lots of talent on that site, when your darksiding a truck like mine its nice to go to sites like that to get insparation, different ideas on different brand of vehicles, sometimes you can pick up tricks or a mod someone did on their vehicle and apply it to your f100, on that site 65 and up vehicles are taboo, efi is iffy but there starting to accept it.
Sorry they jumped on you like that, there`s always one A** that has to ruin it for the rest

Quick Reply: OT the hamb sucks