Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior User

outlawkyote is starting off with a positive reputation.
1979 f150 short bed stepside pickup

I stumbled onto a shortbed stepside f150 that has a strait body but the paint is oxidized to the point that surface rust is forming (hood mostly). The motor is not there but everything else is. What would be a decent price to pay for a truck like this? Is there any market for the box (dont see many of those). Im only after the trany, doors and fenders (parts truck). I am told she is asking 1500, how much can I parts the rest out for? Is it worth my time? Oh, its a two wheel drive.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Senior User

79 shortbed lover is starting off with a positive reputation.
Justin Robertson xxnathynxx09
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawkyote View Post
I stumbled onto a shortbed stepside f150 that has a strait body but the paint is oxidized to the point that surface rust is forming (hood mostly). The motor is not there but everything else is. What would be a decent price to pay for a truck like this? Is there any market for the box (dont see many of those). Im only after the trany, doors and fenders (parts truck). I am told she is asking 1500, how much can I parts the rest out for? Is it worth my time? Oh, its a two wheel drive.
I would start at somewhere around 450-500 and go from there

This guy is looking for a short bed stepside for his truck Maverick1978
Old 05-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Post Fiend

montana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud of
$1,500 for a motorless 2wd parts truck is way too high, where in MT. are you located?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Senior User

Miles city is my home town but Im in Sheridan WY at the present. So Ya'll are saying that the stepside isnt an item of demand? Damn, I thought I found some gold!! LOL.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Post Fiend

montana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud ofmontana_highboy has much to be proud of
You're on the other side of the state, i have a few parts trucks if you were local.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior User

Yeah, MT is a big state to chasing parts in. Never know though, I get in that area once in a while. Thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Senior User

ironman540 is starting off with a positive reputation.
sure it is long gone but would love to get a hold of the flareside bed, whole thing.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman540 View Post
sure it is long gone but would love to get a hold of the flareside bed, whole thing.
Well, I turned down the deal and didnt purchase it. My son was telling me about it and I never even talked to the lady. After talking with my son more, it turns out (just through the grapevine here) that the lady has a newly rebuilt 300 that goes with it all for $1500. Ive driven by it (its in a fenced yard so I couldnt get too close) but the whole body looks strait. Just surface rust. My son says there is carpet on the dashboard and he thinks its unweathered too. I can get more details if you want? I can even get closer if I can brake away from work for a little while.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Senior User

ironman540 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any excuse to get away from work, I am there for that. Is there anyway to get pics of the bed, especially the bedside panels, the part that the fender bolts to. MT and WY are a haul for me, east side of virginia, but for the right bed and truck I could do it. Also, any pics of the dash gauges and such would be good.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Senior User

I will see what I can do :-)
Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
150ford, 1973, 1978, 1979, 79, bed, f150, ford, forsale, lookfor, only, pickup, sale, short, stepside