6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Ready lift 4" rear block kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 PM
dirtymutt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready lift 4" rear block kit

Quite a while back I posted a thread regarding air bags vs taller blocks for my 2012 F250. Well I finally decided to quit being cheap and I ordered the ready lift 66-2014 rear 4" block kit. Hopefully this will make the stance like the f350 and not silly high in the rear. My f250 has the camper package and I swear it sits nose high, even a full tank of fuel seems to magnify the issue not to mention when my 34ft trailer is hooked up. I thought that the sag wouldn't bother me but after 2 1/2 years it still irks me. I load this truck almost to the max and even with the sag it's extremely stable while towing though. I will post back when the parts come in and I get them installed,hopefully before July long weekends camping trip.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:17 PM
bcham5
Freshman User
i did the ready lift blocks on 11 250 with the camper package, f350 shocks and swaybar ends works great 2 sleds on the back it sits a little less then level but not like before

Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 PM
dirtymutt
Senior User
Thanks for that feedback. We're the shocks and end links necessary on yours? I'm thinking end links will be needed but I was reading some posts that claimed the shocks were the same as on a f350. If so my wife is going to be a tad put out at me. Lol

Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Greene728
New User
I did the long add a leaf (1200#) from Kansas City Springs and Bilstein shocks all the way around. The stance is perfect! The blocks just didn't do anything for me when it came to added payload, just rake. I pull a 32ft fifth wheel with roughly a 2000# pin weight. And factory set up sagged bad! The blocks may have worked, but I read of a few (not many) issues with slight axle wrap towing heavy with the blocks and that spooked me. I even talked with the folks at Tough Country (manufacturer of 4in blocks I was looking at)who said it was possible. Very isolated though I'm sure. But the springs and shocks made a world of difference! The long leaf and shocks actually improved my ride greatly. My factory shocks were completely shot at only 25k miles though. Now unloaded I'm 2.5in high in the rear and dead nuts level with the fifth hooked up and loaded. I'm extremely satisfied and highly recommend the guy's at Kansas City Springs if anyone is interested. Very knowledgeable and helpful! Good luck with the blocks and let us know how they work out.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:57 PM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the add-a-leaf as well and I'm very happy with it. I've had 3,000 lbs in the bed and it doesn't squat bad at all. It also handles load much better. I still have stock shocks but I will probably change them soon.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:57 PM
PokerMunkee
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, there are so many options and opinions!

So the guys that did the add-a-leaf.... which ones? I see Kansas City Springs, ever heard of them. Will check them out.

Did you guys do anything to the front to lift it or keep everything stock?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Greene728
New User
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee

So the guys that did the add-a-leaf.... which ones? I see Kansas City Springs, ever heard of them. Will check them out.

I made a mistake in my initial post. It's actually General Spring located in Kansas City. I left the front stock (except for shocks) as towing heavy weights I wanted the rake.
Look up General Spring. I'm very happy with them and the springs. And I agree on the choices and opinions. It's enough to make your head spin. I actually ordered the blocks myself. But after receiving them and after doing more research I sent them back and went the AAL route. Very glad I did!

Old 06-19-2015, 10:42 PM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the add a leaf from Auto Spring online. They say it lifts the rear 1 1/2" to 2". I don't think I got that much out of it, although I didn't measure before and after.

I think the rake is about perfect. It definitely helps with it sagging from weight and it handles better.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:02 AM
Long Haul
Elder User
Here is mine...

It came with a Ready Lift leveling on it when I bought it used, the rear blocks are 4"...This should give you an idea of height and what it looks like, tires are 285's for reference.

wish I'd seen this thread sooner I could have let you have the rear blocks cheap.....All that Ready Lift stuff is coming off and will be replaced by Carli..

Old 06-23-2015, 08:08 AM
dirtymutt
Senior User
Thanks for the pic that is a nice looking truck. Does your truck have a front kit as well or just the rear block?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Long Haul
Elder User
Originally Posted by dirtymutt
Thanks for the pic that is a nice looking truck. Does your truck have a front kit as well or just the rear block?
Thanks..

Best I can tell its a complete kit, this is what I found underneath it..

4" rear blocks
a spacer on top of the front springs
front bump stops have extensions on them
lower front shock mount has an extension
drop bracket for the track bar
Pro Comp shocks all the way around

It rides pretty bad and the handling doesn't exactly impress me either..

Old 06-23-2015, 11:40 AM
PokerMunkee
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, your truck looks great. Why going to Carli? Bigger lift?

I think I'm doing Bilstein 2" lift kit (springs/5100 shocks), rear 5100 shocks, and 4" block. Should lift front and rear 2", rear should still sit 1" higher, slight rake. Then will install airbags to deal with sag. Most likely going to carry around ~800lb Polaris X2 in bed, along with my 27' TT. My as well go with the best option, seems everyone agrees air bags are best way when carrying a load.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Long Haul
Elder User
Damn, your truck looks great. Why going to Carli? Bigger lift?

I think I'm doing Bilstein 2" lift kit (springs/5100 shocks), rear 5100 shocks, and 4" block. Should lift front and rear 2", rear should still sit 1" higher, slight rake. Then will install airbags to deal with sag. Most likely going to carry around ~800lb Polaris X2 in bed, along with my 27' TT. My as well go with the best option, seems everyone agrees air bags are best way when carrying a load.
Carli is head shoulders better than whats on there now, won't be gaining much if anything height wise..

To put it bluntly that stuff thats on there now is pretty ghetto..

I've run Bilstein on many different vehichles they have good stuff I think you like them..

I would'nt dare try any of this with whats on there now.....we have some pretty mean desert here in upstate NY ya know..... LOL

Old 06-23-2015, 04:34 PM
rayw72
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know, I was told by Carli their kits are designed specifically for the diesel Super Duty. Apparently the Carli Linear-Rate Coil Springs and Custom Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks were engineered to work with the heavier diesel engines. They said everything will install without issue but the ride quality will suffer.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:47 PM
dirtymutt
Senior User
My main concern is that the rear oft the he truck will look goofy. It turns out the ready lift blocks are a full 4"and f350 blocks are 3.5". I'm not sure that a half inch will make a huge appearance difference but with using a floor jack to raise the rear it just looks like it will be to much.

Quick Reply: Ready lift 4" rear block kit