1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Original 53 steering wheel and Column

Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Pappaws53Pickup
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original 53 steering wheel and Column

So I have the original steering wheel and column. The steering wheel is in great shape, no cracks has some wear on the finish. Obviously I am not restoring the truck original and I think a tilt column (ididit possibly) and smaller wheel fits more into my plan. So my question is whats the steering wheel and column worth? Should I hold on to them just in case? This project is costing me an arm and leg wouldn't mind trying to recoup some cash, but I don't want to do something I regret later. Thoughts?

Old 05-07-2011, 03:13 PM
carbs & chrome
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pappaws53Pickup
So I have the original steering wheel and column. The steering wheel is in great shape, no cracks has some wear on the finish. Obviously I am not restoring the truck original and I think a tilt column (ididit possibly) and smaller wheel fits more into my plan. So my question is whats the steering wheel and column worth? Should I hold on to them just in case? This project is costing me an arm and leg wouldn't mind trying to recoup some cash, but I don't want to do something I regret later. Thoughts?
You can buy new columns and wheels so they're not as valuable as they used to be (at least around here). For good columns I am getting $150 - $200. Good wheels up to $100. But ultimately it really depends on what the buyer wants to pay.

Search this Thread