Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Senior User

TxFordGuy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cleaning

As running WVO can lead to deposits here in there in the long run, what do yall do about possibly trying to keep things clean.

Since the use of diesel is minimal until the truck warms up, how about adding a full bottle of deiselkleen to each fill up to try and keep things clean
Old 05-07-2011, 12:05 PM
New User

n_flames is starting off with a positive reputation.
Keeping it Clean

Thinking the same thing, how can I keep pistons, injectors, pump & fuel lines clean. Just purchased the 1995 F250 Power Stroke with 260K miles for $1500. Posted this in the wrong place earlier this week > Just poured 10 gallons of used veg oil into tank, used a fine screen to filter out any food debris, it was clean looked like engine oil brown in color. It did have some sediments at bottom of container, just didn't pour out the last Qt. out. Tank had about 5 gal of diesel in it just top it off with the veg oil.
What I did notice when I took it for a drive was a noticeable gain in power, engine ran quieter & popcorn odor emitting from the tailpipe. Will keep you up to date if the injectors clog up or engine locks up. Not running any type of extra filters or heaters on tanks. I'm in the Bryan / College Station Texas area & should stay above 40F for a few months.
If anybody has FIRST HAND experience running WVO on a Power Stroke would like to know their pros & cons.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 AM
New User

n_flames is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good U Tube Vid

From powerstrokehelp
YouTube - FUEL SYSTEM FAILURES DUE TO BIO-WVO USAGE
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior User

TxFordGuy is starting off with a positive reputation.
i only watched the first couple of minutes but i agree 100%. Do not pour cooking oil in your stock tank. you need to run a 2 tank setup that heats the oil. you will coak your injectors and pistons quick. also screen cleaning is not going to cut it. you need to invest in a centrifuge to clean you oil. check out this site. WVO Designs - Engineering Waste Oil Solutions
his design is based off of the vegistroke system. i am custom building mine currently. been doing alot of research to compile the right and wrong way of doing things. powerstrokes are one of the easiest motors setup
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels