Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
This is my '89 Bronco XLT. My father bought it new when I was a kid and I've decided it was time to fix it up. We actually had it for sale for $700 for almost a year, right now i'm really glad there where no takers.

It has a 5.0 and AOD. I plan on keeping them for nostalgic reasons. Plan on 35" wheels, fresh paint (anyone know what this shade of blue is called? I can't seem to find it!) and some sprucing up, maybe a low profile hood scoop because I always thought it be cool on this truck:

Click the image to open in full size.

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 07-21-2012, 02:22 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
I don't know what shade of blue that is, but I do know it is my favorite Ford truck color.

Jim
Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Looks nice Stephen.

Here are some shots of TGM gussied up before my show later today.

Before the wash, it has a bit of an odd glow. Possibly cause i was in my garage under the shade.

It looks like a whole new truck

Put on some good smelling tire shine i "stole" from my old work

Nother view of a 'ready to win' 78 bronco.

I even vacuumed it out for the first time this year.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 07-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Great pics Dylan, good to see it all cleaned up there......
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 07-22-2012, 11:57 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Thanks GIGGER I got more for you guys. Though i didn't win anything in the show, i got to meet a local FTE member and i met a guy with a really nice Ford truck. Enough babbling, onto the goodies.

They had me park on a curb since i had big tires and a big truck

This is the truck next to me. Unfortunately he didn't win either, we both lost to a 57 chevy pickup that happen to be an almost Primer color. He got best truck.

A beautiful motor

Very nice paint as well

And my "trophy" of sorts since i didn't win anything, i figured my entry form will work just as well.

Of course i had a lot of fun and even though i did get sunburned, i have no complaints. Next year maybe i can win.

EDIT: I didn't add FTE to the club affiliation due to not really belonging to a "club" if we can get this club thing worked out that we are planning in the WAFTE section then next time i can use it.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-23-2012, 12:25 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
It sure does look like a brand new truck after the wash. Mine would die of a heart attack if I washed it. LOL

Jim
Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Have one of them Trucker girl stickers (the one where the girl is laying across) put on the side of your bronco and put some 20 in spinners on it with a big bass system...then you will get it i bet...hahaha
Old 07-23-2012, 02:35 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen View Post
Have one of them Trucker girl stickers (the one where the girl is laying across) put on the side of your bronco and put some 20 in spinners on it with a big bass system...then you will get it i bet...hahaha
Haha, thats the only way to win. I will have to remove the front axle and make it a 2wd so i can slam it to the ground around those 20s Then maybe some airbags.

It is all about the looks around here Couple years go they had a class for 4x4 where the muddier the better. My brother had every inch of his 84 bronco (pictured)

And he lost to a pink Jeep Wrangler on 30s with probably 20 inch rims. It had a ghost painted image under the pink too. All sorts of chrome fancy stuff. He drove it to the show with more mud on it than this picture has, and lost.

Jim, yeah i was surprised actually, i didn't know this truck could look this good...

Washington Member Map
Old 07-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Elder User

NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ryan Vaillancourt
All cleaned up and finally jacked up , anyone care to donate some 33"s to me?

Mind the chevy, It was my prey
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...o-lift-it.html
"Live Free or Die"
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Since its been a while I guess I'll throw up one of the 96. Just replaced the pads, rotors, locking hubs, serviced the transmission, and replaced the fuel pump.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
What size tires you got on there now? 33s?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Quote:
What size tires you got on there now? 33s?
32 1150 15 Falken Wild Peak ATs. I love'em to death. Only problem is now my wife has to use my little toolbox as a step to climb in.LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Nice bronco guys, Though i think Sir Manfred there was directing that to NewEnglander. But i know your pain southern, my 78 has 35s with a 3" body lift, and i DO have chain loop steps and they work very well but no one knows how to use them and always complains about how hard it is to get in...

And to Manfred, i think those are 31s, they look like the stock size.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Postmaster

I was talking to Southern Bronco...but New Englanders tires look like 31s.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
I was talking to Southern Bronco...but New Englanders tires look like 31s.
Oh haha, never mind then.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM