Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedBronco View Post
Hey Gruesome, I watched your youtube vid, and couldn't help but notice you have a locking hood latch.

Click the image to open in full size.

I've never known anyone else that had one.
Haha yeah, i took it out though. It wasn't working in the slightest and was a pain to use. I now have the manual latch from an F100 pickup, it works and makes it hard to open. There isn't much room to pull the handle.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Post Fiend

6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greystreak92 View Post
The '66-'77 Bronco had the back glass mounted in a frame in the top. It didn't roll down, it opened like a hatch with a pair of self-latching braces that held it when raised... Not hydraulic "strong arms" like modern vehicles have. You opened the glass up and it latched up. To lower it again, you lifted slightly and the braces would release and let the glass/frame close. The tailgate still lowered the same way and the license plate frame was spring-loaded so that if you opted to run with the tailgate open, you could flip the license plate down so it could be seen.

Only the full-cab early Broncos had the rear glass. The half-cabs (obviously) did not. (Yes, the EB was available with a factory half-cab complete with a bulkhead behind the front seats).
What in the world is a full cab or half cab in relation to Bronco's?????

Thanks for the information. I absorb all of it!

until Lambs become Lions
Add me on FaceBook! https://www.facebook.com/bill.holsinger.5?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 PM

AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.
A "full cab" is what you're most likely used to seeing. This is a half cab:

They're cool, but they're not my style.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:04 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Ah they have those for the FSBs too, they just don't look as good.

Washington Member Map
Old 06-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
I live the early Broncos but the half cabs look weird and awkward to me.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Makes them look like matchbox trucks

Jim
Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
WOW, what a sweet yellow Bronco AB, well done
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 06-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
Say what you will folks, but the half-cab is a sought-after commodity among EB enthusiasts and unique to the 66-77 units as there is no OEM half-cab for any full-size Bronco. The EB half-cab came in two pieces. The top fit over the front seats and held a single piece of glass while the doors would close to meet it. The lower bulkhead fit between the front seats and the bed and bolted into place. The bulkheads are actually more difficult to find than the half-cab because many folks who removed the half-cab discarded the bulkhead in favor of having the open bed behind the seats.

Creative Products of Minnesota made an aftermarket bulkhead for the full-size (1980-96) Bronco body that essentially turned a full-size into a half-cab unit. It was steel reinforced fibreglass with an opening sized to accept any OEM or aftermarket pick-up truck rear glass. It ran all the way to the floor in one piece. They were few and far between and in spite of the Graveyard's claims that they had bought the tooling rights and planned to produce them again (CP of MN has been out of business for nearly a decade now) there has been no sign of the product resurfacing for some time now.

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 06-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Post Fiend

6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.
Wow, okay. I just thought they were conversions.

Come to think of it I've seen a full size Bronco that had been turned into a half cab.

until Lambs become Lions
Add me on FaceBook! https://www.facebook.com/bill.holsinger.5?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah replacement covers in a way. They also got these, which i don't know how you buy them and i don't think they look all too terrible. I wouldn't buy one but i don't hate them. I like the look of the squarish soft top.

Washington Member Map
Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 AM

AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Ah they have those for the FSBs too, they just don't look as good.
They do, but they're not stock, which is the biggest difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER
WOW, what a sweet yellow Bronco AB, well done
Just a picture I found on the internet. But agreed, it's very well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystreak92
Say what you will folks, but the half-cab is a sought-after commodity among EB enthusiasts and unique to the 66-77 units.
I know it is. People go crazy over them!
I've just personally never liked them. The same goes for a FSB. Fastbacks, half cabs, etc. etc. just aren't my style. Makes me wonder what the point is.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

You know, i like the stock look of it. It looks mean. But for some reason i kind of like the fastback covers. They just kind of have a cool look to me.

Washington Member Map
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Senior User

speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
You know, i like the stock look of it. It looks mean. But for some reason i kind of like the fastback covers. They just kind of have a cool look to me.
I like the profile of fastback covers but the rear window issue bugs me too much. I've never seen one done in a way that I would repeat for my truck. I've kicked around the idea of building my own but haven't settled on it yet.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Senior User

big vann is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here is my '85 Eddie Bauer Bronco.351w on propane with C6.2 inch lift w/ 35 BFG muds.Sold it about a year ago.Had two other Broncos but sadly no digital photos of them.In the background is my '83 E150 w/ '79 Bronco front Dana 44 and 205 transfercase also on 35" BFG ATs.Trying to sell it as well.Thinning out the herd.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Workaholic

77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of77&79F250 has much to be proud of
No idea it I posted them in here or not, so here they are....ol #88 as she is referred too, and the parts bronco #1 and #2.

#88 4" chassis 3" body 33's and a PO paint job, bought it and then got sidetracked with a 71 EB. On the block, to a needy 4bying family that will give it some TLC.

Parts bronco #1 (greeny) bought it for the roll bar cause thats about all it has left in it thats worth saving, retired tuff truck thats wore out or close to it, lol.

Parts Bronco #2 (dead brown) rear-ended while setting still by a chebby s-10 doing 50, bent the rear frame enough to rip the rear body mounts outa the frame and crush the fuel tank.

It gave up it 92,000 351 and front clip so others may live, still have it for parts just in case.
Attached Images

79 351M 4spd 6" Skyjacker Edelbrock-Holley-Hedman 35's
99 Ranger 4x4, 98 Expedition 4x4, 73 Bronco Hillbilly-Bug
71 Bronco 302 35" Boggers 5.58 gears spool/locker
Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1995, 94, black, bronco, broncos, compartment, engine, flareside, ford, forum, gears, photograps, photos, pictures, stock, trucks, xlt