Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Goods vids. What gear is yer first in yer zf5?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Senior User

speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henritrinelli View Post
haha.....yes itīs getting worst every time.....

The ARBs were were a 1 time oportunity.....I paid 2.3K and in 4 monthly payments....comsidering the importing and shipping it was very cheap...The normal price is 3.4K...

The switches came with the ARB.....

Yes I have deavers 5,5" from my TTb up front with Rancho 9000 (from Dodge Ram 2500 4") .....Shackle flip in the rear with Bilstein 5100 shocks...
Also have Tbird calipers and the steering is over the knuckle with bigger tie rod ends...
Good for you. There are Deavers and T-bird calipers in my future, too. The Rancho springs are about as flexible as a fire hydrant. I'm losing tooth enamel every time I hit a bump. Hi-steer is a great idea but I've never seen somebody do it to TTB. (Of course, I never pay any attention to TTB, either.) You got a good deal on the ARBs -- but that's still a lot of coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CylBill View Post
I want a Bronco so bad I can taste it. I would even settle for a BII.
We'll all just pretend you never said that so you can keep your man card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedBronco View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
The Juice is Loose!

Quote:
I've seen the underside of a BII. I didn't like what I saw. No axle should be as small as a man's wrist.
Buy a Honda CRV and get it over with. Click the image to open in full size. The B-II should have been given a whole different name 'cause it sure as hell isn't a Bronco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen View Post
LOL...I thought about that too...but the front wouldn't handle it because the weight would possibly lift the whole front end up...and the stability would be bad.
No kidding. Never mind the fact that it's illegal. The axle weight ratings on our trucks is really low. They're rated for basically the contents of the vehicle plus a couple hundred pounds. Could the truck handle it? Yeah. Don't get pulled over, though.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Senior User

koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.
Talk about Broncolove, I bought my "93" in "95" drove it everywhere until "02". My Ex Wife (Satan's Sister) demanded it in the divorce. Even with the motor blown I fought her tooth and nail in court over it. I eventually gave her a Cherry 24' Larson Boat to shut her up.

The Bronco is now my 16 year old's and he told me the other day, "Dad I am so Glad you didn't let Mom have the Bronco" .... I told him that " there are some things in life a Good man just will not do"

Kyle's 74 CS
Old 06-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Senior User

Quote:
By the way -- I love the TTB flex at 0:09.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Senior User

henritrinelli is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Goods vids. What gear is yer first in yer zf5?
Thanks man....This is a cast iron ZF5...1st gear is 4,13 and 5th is 0.83...

By montecarlo at 2010-12-27

By montecarlo at 2011-01-22

Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post
By the way -- I love the TTB flex at 0:09.
thatīs a solid axle.....but with stock radius arms and TTb Deaver coils thatīs why it doesnīt flex than much.... I still have work to do....

By montecarlo at 2012-02-16

This was the flex in my TTb with long arms , before I made the SAS

By montecarlo at 2009-09-01
Old 06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Thanks man....This is a cast iron ZF5...1st gear is 4,13 and 5th is 0.83...

By montecarlo at 2010-12-27

By montecarlo at 2011-01-22

Dang my first is lower BUT sure would be nice if mine was cast iron. How do u like it?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Wow great videos. Makes me want to lift my 78 even more. With the stock high springs it has now it wouldn't fair that well on some of those. Rid of the body lift and go with a susp. lift and i will be happy .
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 06-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Dang my first is lower BUT sure would be nice if mine was cast iron. How do u like it?
Mine with 4,10 gears and the 400" engine its perfect for me....I can start moving the truck in 1st or 2nd gear with no problem.............The 2wd cast iron ZF it has a lower 1st gear (I think is 5.13) and 0,75 5th gear.....I think that are the same than USA made aluminium ZF....
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Post Fiend

6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.6CylBill has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:

We'll all just pretend you never said that so you can keep your man card.

Ole' Betsy is all I need for my man card. I think I'll leave the Honda's for yourself.

until Lambs become Lions
Add me on FaceBook! https://www.facebook.com/bill.holsinger.5?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Cast iron ZF!? I want one! LOL, I wonder what it'd cost to get one of them?
1978 Custom Bronco

It aint built to go fast! It's built to get there!!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Ole' Betsy is all I need for my man card. I think I'll leave the Honda's for yourself.
Quote:
thatīs a solid axle.....but with stock radius arms and TTb Deaver coils thatīs why it doesnīt flex than much.... I still have work to do....
You just can't tease anybody anymore. I swear. Click the image to open in full size.

Bill, it's a joke. Friends don't let friends drive Bronco IIs. I've owned imports in the past (good and bad). I was just ribbing you.

And Henri, you can see the solid axle in the video. I thought it was odd that the right front didn't even TRY to droop when you crested that hill. Track bar or shock or RA is too short. Either way, it's not a dig... mine flexes like a fire hydrant right now. I have those Rancho coils on it -- they look good but they're about as soft and flexy as a steel girder. You've got a great rig there and I'm not rippin' on you.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Senior User

Quote:
You just can't tease anybody anymore. I swear. Click the image to open in full size.

Bill, it's a joke. Friends don't let friends drive Bronco IIs. I've owned imports in the past (good and bad). I was just ribbing you.

And Henri, you can see the solid axle in the video. I thought it was odd that the right front didn't even TRY to droop when you crested that hill. Track bar or shock or RA is too short. Either way, it's not a dig... mine flexes like a fire hydrant right now. I have those Rancho coils on it -- they look good but they're about as soft and flexy as a steel girder. You've got a great rig there and I'm not rippin' on you.
haha....itīs ok.....I know you were ribbing....And Is funny....I did the SAS and have less flex than the ttb .....
The shock are fine....and I put the shock towers based aon this shock lenght....the are 18" compr and 29" Exp....
Track bar itīs ok too.....
RA are stock....so I need longer ones
Also in could be that the Deaver coils are too stiff cos they are from a TTb , but Iīll try with the RA first.....
Deavers for TTb are rated 100lbs more than the ones for SA.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Anyway, with everything locked you don't require much flex anymore... Bienvenido a FTE Henri!.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't remember which forum had the chevy pulling the camper, I like this idea better!
I pulled this about 70 miles today, Stopping is a challenge with no trailer brakes! That back trailer is a heavy pulling thing. Who said it couldn't be done?! LOL
1978 Custom Bronco

It aint built to go fast! It's built to get there!!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM