Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen View Post
GO buy a machete now and mount it on your dash then go to the nearest lake.
I second this.
Also i got new 35" MTR Kevlar tires put on and their horrible in the snow.... 4wd made it worse though and i think the larger area of rubber on the ***** made it easier to slip...
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Postmaster

jthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to all
42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
Yeah, those MTR's are definitely not good snow tires. I have heard the Duratrac's though are supposed to be pretty awesome in the snow. Both tires still made in the USA I believe.
Gone but not forgotten: 86 F150 4x4 I6(offy DP, Holley 465cfm, EFI exhuast manifolds, walker y-pipe, ARP head studs, D.U.I. HEI distributor) C6-NP208F, 2 1/2" rough country lift, 32x11.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Wow, $900 for tires, and they suck in the snow. Good thing there is no snow in Washington!

Jim
Old 03-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Senior User

justin Wallace is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's my new project. Bad picture quality but I'll have better later.

Just bought it. The front diff needs replacing, the trans leaks like crazy, and the engine is a little tired. This is ok though, I have a parts bronco with everything I need. I also have a 408 ready for a home. I have had it for a couple of weeks and already have the motor out and the new one waiting to go in until I remedy the trans and paint the engine compartment.

This one's a 78 XLT

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Senior User

speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin Wallace View Post
The front diff needs replacing, the trans leaks like crazy, and the engine is a little tired. This is ok though, I have a parts bronco with everything I need. I also have a 408 ready for a home. I have had it for a couple of weeks and already have the motor out and the new one waiting to go in until I remedy the trans and paint the engine compartment.
Good times! Nice choice. I cant see where you're from (using my phone) but I've got three C6s if you need one. At least one is definitely from a Bronco so it has the right tailshaft and housing. And how certain are you about the trans leak? I ask because i was sure, too, until i discovered a badly leaking oil pressure sender last month -- sending oil down the block and bellhousing. Just a thought.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post
Good times! Nice choice. I cant see where you're from (using my phone) but I've got three C6s if you need one. At least one is definitely from a Bronco so it has the right tailshaft and housing. And how certain are you about the trans leak? I ask because i was sure, too, until i discovered a badly leaking oil pressure sender last month -- sending oil down the block and bellhousing. Just a thought.
Thanks. I traded my 72 f100 with a blown motor for it. I'm from Amarillo,TX. I have an almost complete 79 for parts. It has a good c6.

The front pump seal has a small leak but there is a big one coming from the linkage where the transmission kickdown is supposed to be. Needless to say, the tran was running like crap. I am gonna put in a new modulator and vacuum line and change the filter and stuff. The intermediate belt was way out of adjustment too.

I should post a build thread maybe. I just dug into it and it should go pretty fast and furious.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Justin, great looking 78 there
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
Justin, great looking 78 there
Thanks. The picture there is actually from right before I bought it. Its actually kind of a POS at the moment. There is random holes drilled in stuff. The interior looks like vagrants lived in it. The seats are all kinds of tore up but its a work in progress. It sat for 8 years and I'm bringing her back to life.

It just so happens that all the parts that were taken from it are on my parts bronco in the barn.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin Wallace View Post
Here's my new project. Bad picture quality but I'll have better later.

Just bought it. The front diff needs replacing, the trans leaks like crazy, and the engine is a little tired. This is ok though, I have a parts bronco with everything I need. I also have a 408 ready for a home. I have had it for a couple of weeks and already have the motor out and the new one waiting to go in until I remedy the trans and paint the engine compartment.

This one's a 78 XLT

Click the image to open in full size.
Very nice.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
WOO ANOTHER 78 , @Jim, actually it was a great deal for the tires BUT it has been snowing lately. First day of winter and we had snow/rain/sleet mix today. non of it is sticking but it is there. As for Justin you should do a build thread, my 78 is my rolling project. I have to fix it as i drive it and i am slowly fixing things that the PO either broke or didn't fix correctly. Mostly wiring.

Washington Member Map
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
LOL @ Grusome....
First thing I always do is pull those stupid crimp on wire taps off and get out the heat shrink and solder iron! 90% of wiring problems I've found were caused by them. Cheap junk!

It aint built to go fast! It's built to get there!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Haha i wish it were that easy, most of my problems are cause the dummy PO cut the wires and twisted them back together then taped them. So when they move it loses connection or has a weak one, hence my back window going up slow if at all. I was putting my deck in and saw the wires were all messed up so i went in and butt connected them with new sections of wire and it goes up just fine now. My turn signal lights in the front and my tail lights are the same way, i got pulled over cause on of my tail lights was out due to the bad connection. IIRC my headlight wiring is the same all cut up.

Washington Member Map
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Don't you just love wannabe mechanics?

Jim
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
I do twist them together but I use heat shrink on them so they end up tight and so far i haven't had any issues (i've only done this to slim wires). I guess solder is a better way to do it, i will consider this next time i repair a wire.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
When I bought my '91 the rear didn't work at all, ended up pulling the t-gate harness and replacing some of the wires (kept a working harness from my totaled out '89) Then went through and removed 40 ft of useless wiring, and at least a dozen non functioning crimp on taps.

It aint built to go fast! It's built to get there!!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1995, 94, black, bronco, broncos, compartment, engine, flareside, ford, forum, gears, photograps, photos, pictures, stock, trucks, xlt