Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2011, 01:54 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Ok here is mine. It was unloved since it was parked in 2003. It sat there till this summer. The property owner wanted it gone and guess who ended up with it. Sometimes I wish I hadn't fallen in love with it. It took some work to get it registered in my name. That finally happened yesterday.

Other than the obvious work required I am going to install a grill from an earlier pickup.

Don't anyone be laughing at it now.
Click the image to open in full size.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 12-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Senior User

speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Why the heck would anybody laugh at that? It's a good looking truck. You can buy inexpensive patch panels for all the cancerous bits in that picture (and the B pillars which I'm sure are history, too). There's nothing wrong with that thing that a welder, reciprocating saw and a crapload of wrench time won't cure. Why go to the '73-'77 front clip, though? I love that one.

But for the love of all things Bronco... Take a plasma cutter to those running boards. WTF?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:23 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I seem to have somewhat of a crush on the earlier truck grills.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 12-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
I think it'd a great looking truck. I love the 78-79. The 73-77 grill would be pretty unique as it was never offered on a Bronco.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Official BeerMaster #1

SDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputation
https://www.facebook.com/mike.blackport
Five years of building, did all the work, including the paint, myself.

Mike -
2000 4x4 CC LB F-350 7.3L SuperChips Flashpaq, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6637.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Dude you get thirsty at mid swallow of your beer, don't hide it.......
Warning: Drinking may cause memory loss. Or worse. Memory loss.

Found Often Rescuing Dumbasses.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Heres mine, the paint has been re-done but it was that green color they offered back then.

Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 12-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
That is a really nice looking truck Gruesome. That green is real sharp.
1968 Mustang Coupe Booms Restomod Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Very nice looking, and clean too.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Thanks, unfortunately the paint isn't great i love the colors but you can tell it was spray painted so i will need to get that done, and there is quite a few flaws with other parts of the truck but i will hammer those out in due time

Washington Member Map
Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Also here is a picture of my brothers 84 XLT that he had for a while. Had a 351W with a 3spd auto. The tires were something like 39" Thornbirds or something.

This picture is during the mud races he went to and he race a lifted caddy, he ended up losing due to water in the dizzy

Washington Member Map
Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Ha was digging around and found a few more pictures, these are more of my brothers broncos.

For this one, he had the caption on his facebook as "And then the lights went out"

This was one of his camping trips, man i miss this truck

This is his new bronco, a 79 with a 460 and a 4 spd trans, a 6 inch lift with i think 35s but i am not sure. His rear end was rally wobbly on the pass side so he has to drop it and put in a new alignment pin and new U-bolts.

Ok that should be all the pictures i have

Washington Member Map
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Postmaster

Those are all some nice looking Broncos! I might be getting another one.
1968 Mustang Coupe Booms Restomod Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Another? What kind?

Washington Member Map
Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Senior User

fordbroncodave is starting off with a positive reputation.

102" antenna install. flat SWR. talked all over this continent on sideband
Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Hey all,

Might as well post my Bronco pics here too. After going through the whole thread I see that this Bronco has already been posted here once by Joe F350. He sold it to a Nor Cal FTE member who ended up giving it to me.

Here it is in my driveway, and me in my elf hat, and out of the wheelchair! yay!

And here is an interior shot requested by the thread starter, with the only mods I have done to it so far, replacing the leather seats with cloth ones.

And there is the engine shot. Totally stock 351W. Needs a good cleaning, but with 232k on the odometer, it still runs strong.

Can't really tell from here, but the only mod this Bronco has at the moment is Warn manual locking hubs. (Installed by Joe F350). I have modest plans for it, since I am an inexperienced (read that none) off roader. Rancho shocks, same brand tires on all four corners, Detroit True Trac, Warn winch, brush guard, with extra lights, Headers, larger exhaust, CB radio, and of course a better stereo No rock crawling, and no mud for this baby. Just light duty dirt, sand, or snow (when it is in season) Oh, and almost forgot, maybe a roll bar, and definitely A-Pillar mounted black face gauges.

Jim
Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 AM