Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Posting Guru

78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineshifts View Post
1996 5.8L stock with 106k miles!

From Bronco

NhvZG4-f04WmZ_dyFcsGC6QUcGTo?feat=embedwebsite">
From Bronco

From Bronco

From Bronco

From Bronco

From Bronco
Looks NEW inside and out!!!
68 lime gold Mustang coupe - 289/auto (hers)

Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 PM
New User

Smacky70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's actually a really nice royal blue kind of color, but the white trim makes it look black because of the sun. Maybe I'll try black if I repaint it.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:48 AM
New User

naw_t is starting off with a positive reputation.
buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post
As much as I hate to call a truggy a Bronco (nothin' against truggies, but they're just not Broncos to me), I've got to throw in my $.02 and say CUMMINS FTW! That is - if you're doin' it for the rocks and not for the mud... and given the 5.89 gears, that's a good possibility. You gonna run 85" tires or what? Jeez.

The plan is to skin it so you can not see the tube. Wife, aka boss lady< does not like the "buggy" look. I want it to known as a 78-79 bronco from any direction, side, front or back. Got some more parts for it, waiting to pick them up, after my ahhh "vacation". Dodge 60 /70. Plan is to run 43" SX swampers. with dual t-cases.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacky70 View Post
It's actually a really nice royal blue kind of color, but the white trim makes it look black because of the sun. Maybe I'll try black if I repaint it.
That Bronco looks really clean! I wish my truck looked that good, but itd never be as white as in that picture...the puddles...they stalk me and throw mud and dirty water on me.
1968 Mustang Coupe Booms Restomod Thread
Old 08-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Junior User

Mother_Love is starting off with a positive reputation.
Photos of my Bronco

Well, this is my 1985 Ford Bronco XLT Eddie Bauer. 351 Windsor HO with 4 barrel Edelbrock Carburetor, or "Ol' Blue" as I call her. Right now it is sitting on old mix matched 33's. They rub in the front when I turn real hard or take a deep bump so I will change these out to 31's.
Click the image to open in full size.
The tailgate will be replaced. The bottom's rusted out and the window still works, but needs help at the end to go up the rest of the way. It will only go down as far as you see here. Click the image to open in full size.
The windshield needs replaced, the last owner tore the rearview mirror off leaving a huge chunk of glass missing. I also need to replace the top piece of window moulding. Click the image to open in full size.
I still have a lot of work to do on the inside. I found a used, tore up center console which I'll paint to match. It doesn't have to be perfect, right? I need to find the center stereo trim to match the dash wood trim I got out of a F150. I didn't like the burlwood that was in there. The door panels obviously were thrown in by the last owner just to have something, so those will be replaced down the road. The interior was filthy so biggest thing was just cleaning so far.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
Looks good so far MotherLove. I hate having to fix things the previous owners did, but in the end that gives it character I guess.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Junior User

Yeah, it makes for a lot of extra work. My plan is to fix everything, replace all of the older parts with new, get the small body work done then do a camo wrap on it. It all takes money so I'm working on the things that make it run first. Then comes the cosmetic. It's in pretty good shape, very little rust. It showed 89,000 when I got it and the previous owner claimed they're original miles, no roll over. I had to replace the instrument cluster to fix some gauge issues as well as the gear selector wire. But, this is the reason I bought it. cheap parts, fairly easy to work on and best of all? No computerized crap I can't work on!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Posting Guru

78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.
my $1500 1996 "budget" Bronco

Bought this one on the 19th of last month...had sat in the PO's mother's garage for the last year...then she passed away and they were cleaning out her garage to sell the house. A friend of mine found it, was interested in buying it but backed out after driving it because it was losing power once warmed up. So I decided to take a chance... a new fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filter and sending unit later, and she's running like a champ. Still fixing the "little things" here and there, but I'm really happy I took a chance...here are are a couple pics of what it looked like the day before I bought it and yesterday, after I spent some time cleaning, buffing/polishing, painting the tire carrier and wiper arms:

The day before I bought it:

Yesterday, after spending all day on it:

Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Junior User

That's a heck of a deal. That truck looks fantastic.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Posting Guru

Thanks! It's gettin' there. I'm havin' fun with it. Hope to get it up to snuff to the point where I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere.

It just turned 121k miles and the PO said the only thing he did to it was oil changes and he'd had it since 1 year old and 9k miles. He hadn't even replaced the fuel filter since he'd had it, so there are a lot of things I wanna do...probably replace timing set, water pump, do a tune-up, service the trans, etc. I think it's a solid foundation to build on, so I don't mind spending what it takes to get peace of mind in knowing it'll get me there.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Junior User

I'm with you on that. The '85 I just bought hasn't had anything done to it since it was new. I'm in the process of replacing all of the old worn out parts. Like you, I need to drop the gas tank and put in a new sending unit. I just replaced the fuel pump the day before yesterday and man, did it make a difference. No more pumping the peddle half a dozen times while cranking the motor! Post up some pics of the progress as you make it. that's a clean looking truck. I can't believe you got it that cheap!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Posting Guru

I'm still pinching myself! I've wanted a full-size Bronco for as long as I can remember...guess I had just kinda given up on finding a "rust-free" one, without the rotted out rear wheel openings and tailgate. Wasn't even really looking, and this one pretty much fell into my lap...guess that's how it goes sometimes.

Your '85 looks VERY straight! Looking forward to seeing updates on your progress too!

Old 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Senior User

huggyb1972 has a good reputation on FTE.huggyb1972 has a good reputation on FTE.
I got it all clean
Then I hit a mud hole
My new bumper after I got back from Windrock

Drafthorse 89 Ford Bronco
351W, ZF5-47, BW1356, 6 inch lift,
Sterling 10.25 rear l/s, Dana 44 front L/S,
8 lug, and 37x12.50 Baja TA.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Junior User

That's a great looking bumper, it adds character.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Elder User

FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.FourXFord2 has a good reputation on FTE.
I thought about going that route, I love mine though. (Still needs paint)
Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 PM