Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Senior User

Boss351Bronco88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Boss351Bronco88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
IDI69Mike351W KawiKazeMike
Heres mine, been like this since I pulled the motor...again. lol but no worries, Ill be finally tossing the upgraded-upgraded Windsor back in her this weekend.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is how it looks when it's all together and running haha

-96 Cherokee Country, 4.0 HO, AW4, 3.55s, 3in RC lift, highly modded, Offroad toy, 129k miles.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss351Bronco88 View Post
Heres mine, been like this since I pulled the motor...again. lol but no worries, Ill be finally tossing the upgraded-upgraded Windsor back in her this weekend.

This is how it looks when it's all together and running haha

A double upgrade. That's gotta be good.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Senior User

Boss351Bronco88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Boss351Bronco88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
IDI69Mike351W KawiKazeMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
A double upgrade. That's gotta be good.
Lol, yea...built up the motor in the beginning of the year. and about 900 miles the cam decided to screw up a lifter. So I had to pull it out and have it torn down again. luckily only the cam lobe, lifter and some minor scoring on the #1 rod bearing was the only damage. replaced all the cam and rod bearings, rings to be safe. had the heads and intake ported, polished, port matched. and went full roller with a bigger cam to compensate for the increase in flow. And just picked up a new MSD 6AL box to replace my old beat up 6A box. She'll be deep in the 400hp range.
-96 Cherokee Country, 4.0 HO, AW4, 3.55s, 3in RC lift, highly modded, Offroad toy, 129k miles.

Last edited by Boss351Bronco88; 09-19-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Elder User

NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ryan Vaillancourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Newenglander though you did a good job with the lift the tires make it look funny. I seems your in the market for new tires so I recommend something meaty. But good job nonetheless
I have been looking, but no one likes to respond to you when you let people know on craigslists you'll go get them right now and wont even haggle the price, even when I sent people 2 emails. Drives me crazy when no one responds back.

But like I said anyone in Mass or NH have tires 32"s or 33"s let me know.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...o-lift-it.html
"Live Free or Die"
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 PM
New User

foreveralonestar512 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey NewEnglander, sucks that you're all the way up in.....New England, haha! I just picked up a set of 33s from the junkyard with great tread that I was gonna use temporarily while I waited for my new wheels & tires to get delivered. Once they come in, the 33s are going straight into the Dallas/Fort Worth craigslist, possibly in the next couple of months.....just sayin' (shameless plug, haha!) Anyway, good luck with your search man.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Elder User

NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ryan Vaillancourt
Yeah Im up in the nosebleed section hah! But yeah I may have to go to some local junk yards nd see what they got
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...o-lift-it.html
"Live Free or Die"
Old 09-20-2012, 12:41 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Sorry to hear, i only got one semi good tire and it looks like the original spare from 78... I'm sure you will find some soon.

Thanks Gigger, i got to try out the new camera on my phone, it seems to take really clear pictures. I hope to get more soon.

Boss, whats up with your hood? Either it is just the picture or you have a flat black centerline? Or am i imagining it?
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveralonestar512 View Post
Well blue happens to be my favorite color, and yours is a 5 speed, and the wheel/suspension setup is perfect, so it's got everything I could want in a Bronco. I'd gladly trade you for my OJ Cruiser! (hint hint, nudge nudge, shameless plug haha!)

And don't get me started on the Lightning. The 92-96 was already my favorite body style of the F-Series trucks, with the Lightning & Bronco being my childhood favorites. Would love to have a Lightning alongside my Bronco someday....and a couple Toyota Supra TTs, and more motorcycles, and Gwen Stefani as my wife.....guess we can't have everything, right?

Well, the more I think about it I think I am going to make the bronco into a Lightning bronco, or at least what the lightning was originally built as. A baja truck. For those that did not know, the 1st gen lightning was built as a rally truck. But then ford didnt think there would be too much of a market for them, so they changed the design in to a street truck. I think a Lightning based pre runner will suit this bronco well. And then it it can sit nicely into the fleet of my other trucks
Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Junior User

95FordTruck02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's mine...

2002 F-350 SC LWB 7.3L Lariat

1995 Bronco 5.8L Eddie Bauer
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Senior User

speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrO-J View Post
@speedy, when are you bringing it by "THE SHOP"?
I've had the other one out there 3 or 4 times so far. This one needs rubber before I drive much of anywhere. The tires on it are 15 years old.

I would like Ed's help figuring out why the fuel keeps draining back down out of the fuel line, though. Takes forever to start 'cause it has to re-prime the line.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Junior User

BrO-J is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BrO-J is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bring it by when you can and we'all get it figured out
Old 09-20-2012, 12:23 PM
New User

foreveralonestar512 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
For those that did not know, the 1st gen lightning was built as a rally truck. But then ford didnt think there would be too much of a market for them, so they changed the design in to a street truck.
Count me as one of those who didn't know, that's cool! Learn something new every day. A pre-runner Bronco would be cool. Can't wait to see the build thread.

.....and when you're ready to part with your 4X4 components, let me know
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveralonestar512 View Post
Count me as one of those who didn't know, that's cool! Learn something new every day. A pre-runner Bronco would be cool. Can't wait to see the build thread.

.....and when you're ready to part with your 4X4 components, let me know
I would leave it 4wd, just have the "look" of pre runner.

As for a build thread, you will be waiting a while. I have 3 other more important projects in front of it
Old 09-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrO-J View Post
Bring it by when you can and we'all get it figured out
You got it, Ronnie. Needs new shoes and tags, then I'll "show it off" out there.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Senior User

A few more shots of the new guy.

Straight body. Minimal rust. There are four rust patches - two cancerous ones in the tailgate and two cosmetic ones on the driver's quarter panel where the shell meets the bed.

I'm loving the combination of the turbines & sliders.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM