Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Junior User

BrO-J is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BrO-J is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I appreciate the props, it polishes up nice and I'm happy with set up off road in all types of terrain.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I saw your wife or girl friend there in one pic, I guess she enjoys the Bronco too huh
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Junior User

BrO-J is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BrO-J is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That is my friend steve and his girl, she loves off roading.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Well now ya all got me having to go out and clean up "The Bronk". Several trips to town on dirt roads with spilled soda and candy wrappers has made for a mess. Nice day so may as well get er done. I think I am going to paint the hood and top like Dylan has "TGM". Primer than a dark blue like the sides. And soon all the sliver has to go. Maybe a lite blue where it is? What ya all think?

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 09-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Junior User

I like "TGM" paint scheme so yours will probably look nice. As for a nice day out... today it's going to be 102° so I'm going to lay low...
Old 09-15-2012, 02:42 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic y block View Post
Well now ya all got me having to go out and clean up "The Bronk". Several trips to town on dirt roads with spilled soda and candy wrappers has made for a mess. Nice day so may as well get er done. I think I am going to paint the hood and top like Dylan has "TGM". Primer than a dark blue like the sides. And soon all the sliver has to go. Maybe a lite blue where it is? What ya all think?
Like tgm? TGM doesn't have primer, it is semi gloss black kind of a satin almost. But it looks like it wasn't done very well.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:46 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Thank for the compliment though. I hope to one day have it repainted but correctly and not with a spray can I would do it myself but I have proven to not be the best painter.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Senior User

Yeehaw1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nankuronisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrO-J View Post
94 Eddie Bauer, Dana60 front with a powerlock, Sterling rear with a Detroit, 4 wheel disc brakes, Yukon 4.88's, E4OD with 4R100 internals, extreme duty clutch pack, transgo stage II shift kit, jet chip, ford racing 9mm wire s, aluminum pulleys, aluminum radiator, k&n drop in, MSD, JBA headers, Gibson catback and probably a few things I'm forgetting.
how do you like the Transgo kit? I've been debating between it and a B&M kit for my 2wd 78 F100, Nice to finally find someone who has some time on it!
Also, how's the MSD holding up for you?
Do you just weekend this rig, or is it your daily?
One final question, Have you tried any wires other than the 9mm? If so, which have been the best in your opinion?

Thanks in advance, and it's a great looking Bronc!
Fords - 1978 2wd F100, 1978 F250 Supercab 4x4, 1978 F150 shortbed 4x4 32k origanal miles, 2x 1978 Bronco - Toyotas - Forum Profile - 1987 4wd 22RE (Yeehaw), 1989 4wd SAS 20R - Chevys - 1958 Apache - (Drag Racing Vehicles) 1987 355 V8 S10 with a powerglide...
West Virginia Chapter Member!!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Junior User

I love the transgo kit and it is what my transmission guy recommended. The MSD coil cap and rotor seem to be holding up fine and I've only run the Ford Racing 9 millimeter wires.
I have been running this set up for about 3 years and I run it really hard I tow it and although I have a company car I still put a lot of miles on it on the highway
Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Senior User

Yeehaw1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nankuronisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrO-J View Post
I love the transgo kit and it is what my transmission guy recommended. The MSD coil cap and rotor seem to be holding up fine and I've only run the Ford Racing 9 millimeter wires.
I have been running this set up for about 3 years and I run it really hard I tow it and although I have a company car I still put a lot of miles on it on the highway
Nobody around here seems to have used it, B&M seems to be king around here, but I've read the Transgo is the better kit... Thanks for the info!

When I saw MSD I thought maybe you had a full msd setup (Box, full distributor) I'm wondering how the box, and distributor would hold up to being Daily Driven?

I've been thinking about trying the Ford Racing 9mm wires, I've seen some 11mm wires that are comperable in price to the FR9mm's that I'm thinking of trying (if i can find them again)

Once again, thanks for the info!
Fords - 1978 2wd F100, 1978 F250 Supercab 4x4, 1978 F150 shortbed 4x4 32k origanal miles, 2x 1978 Bronco - Toyotas - Forum Profile - 1987 4wd 22RE (Yeehaw), 1989 4wd SAS 20R - Chevys - 1958 Apache - (Drag Racing Vehicles) 1987 355 V8 S10 with a powerglide...
West Virginia Chapter Member!!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Transgo is a great product thats been around for a long time, I started in the transmission business in the late 70s & we were installing Transgo shift kits back then, I think its a matter of preference, B&M or Transgo, both are great........I have installed both, the instructions are clear and the schematics are great too...........they both have a toll free number if you need any help
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Canadian Trucker

As far as MSD products there are a lot of them on the street & strip up here too......one thing i like about the MSD boxes is that we can easily change the rev limit by replacing a chip on the outside of the box......
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
New User

foreveralonestar512 is starting off with a positive reputation.
New here, figured I'd stop by and say hi!

Here's my current ride: a '96 XLT Sport, with a 6in suspension lift, 35s, and a non functional CB antenna
Click the image to open in full size.

And my 1st '96 XLT Sport, the one responsible for my addiction:
Parked next to my '82 Mini and '04 S2000...the only vehicles that I ever bothered to clean, haha!Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
lol cool mini. do u have springs or blocks in the rear for yer 6" lift on yer bronco.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM
New User

foreveralonestar512 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Haha, thx! I sold the Mini because I thought I wanted a motorcycle. Dumbest. Move. Ever.

Anyway, I honestly couldn't tell you the specs of my suspension. I bought the truck (actually, traded my '95 del Sol + $600) like that. It used to belong to some high school kid who beat the living crap out of it, so you name it, it's probably broken, or will be soon I could have walked away, but I decided instead to rescue it from this kid....so wish me luck guys, I'll need it..... BTW I've only had this thing for a couple weeks and I haven't driven it that much for fear of breaking something at a bad place/time. I'll get more details for y'all about the truck soon.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1995, 94, black, bronco, broncos, compartment, engine, flareside, ford, forum, gears, photograps, photos, pictures, stock, trucks, xlt