Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Junior User

96broncoXlt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Thats a pretty nice 96 Marshall, I am grooving on the bumper on the front. I noticed you got a bit of a dent on the rear, plans for that?
Thanks! A guy that used to shoot with us also built brush guards. I forget what I paid for it but I love it. It saved the front end when a station wagon decided to cross my path against a red light on her side. I needed a hood repaint and maybe a radiator (I think it had a hole). Of course now, 12 years later, the hood paint is peeling and needs to be redone.

The rear dent was courtesy of a guy driving a Volvo on I-35 at around 4AM. I was headed to drill and had cruise set to about 65. Totalled his car and sent me fishtailing a bit.

Yes, I do plan to fix it (against the wishes of my better half) but not sure what route to take. Paint it back original? (I love the color) Or paint it woodland camo? Matte green? (...and really annoy my wife and neighbors.) Fix the chrome bumper and brackets? Or have a rear bumper built to match the front?

Hood painting plus the amount they'd have to paint to patch up the rear makes me think maybe I need to paint the entire truck. Kids keep spending all my truck fixing money somehow though so I'll probably just hammer out the chrome bumper for now.

The interior is pretty bad. Front leather bucket seats are full of tears. I read that Mustang seats may fit these so I'm thinking really hard about tracking some down locally. Carpet could use a good cleaning at the very least. It's had plenty of coffee, mulch, motor oil, and who knows what ground into it pretty good in some places.
1999 Moto Guzzi V11 EV [for sale]
1976 Moto Guzzi V1000 I-Convert
Old 08-01-2012, 03:01 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Wow it has quite the history... I would vouch to keep the original paint if you can, woodland camo looks ok but it just doesn't do good on these. As for the bumper, maybe fix it and paint it to match the front? If it is a step bumper it is worth it but if it is like the one on my 78 then i would get a step one fabbed up for it. Not too heavy but not too light.

This is the tale end of mine. I don't like the bumper but there are many things needing repair over that.
Click the image to open in full size.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
Wow it has quite the history... I would vouch to keep the original paint if you can, woodland camo looks ok but it just doesn't do good on these. As for the bumper, maybe fix it and paint it to match the front? If it is a step bumper it is worth it but if it is like the one on my 78 then i would get a step one fabbed up for it. Not too heavy but not too light.

This is the tale end of mine. I don't like the bumper but there are many things needing repair over that.

Yes, sorry about turning a short story into a long one.

That's a nice looking Bronco you have there. I like those colors.

I remember when I added the heavy brush guard. It really changed the handling. I don't think I want to weigh down the rear end too much.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Elder User

Bubba Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I also would go with the factory paint color. Or maybe just paint it all green (like mine!)

As for the rear bumper, they are pretty easy to come by at salvage yards at least here in AZ, well the black bumpers that is. I do see a few chrome rear bumpers also in decent shape too so you may have some luck with that if yours is too banged up to work on. I believe the F series trucks use the same rear bumper too so that should make finding one easier.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Freshman User

justgunner is starting off with a positive reputation.
i like your step.,i have one ,.its kinda banged up.but nessary to pull my bike trailer,.you said going to drill,i am in the guards as well, i go this weekend,.boy do i know those 4am turnpike runs LOL,.i looked into those walmart radios and i think i'm going to go that route i did not want to cut that plastic to fit one but thats all there is anymore,. and the prices are good,.so next weekend i'm doin' it,.bye bye china radio
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgunner View Post
i like your step.,i have one ,.its kinda banged up.but nessary to pull my bike trailer,.you said going to drill,i am in the guards as well, i go this weekend,.boy do i know those 4am turnpike runs LOL,.i looked into those walmart radios and i think i'm going to go that route i did not want to cut that plastic to fit one but thats all there is anymore,. and the prices are good,.so next weekend i'm doin' it,.bye bye china radio
Yes, this is my weekend for drill too. High point of my AM drive is stopping at the half-way point - Czech Stop in West, Texas (just north of Waco) for kolaches.

For radios I picked up a Kenwood (pre MP3 days) AM/FM/Cassette/CD (disc changer) for what semed like a good price probably through some mail order back in the last century. Also have a Yaesu 8700 dual band that I conned my wife into getting me for my birthday one year.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgunner View Post
The way i looked at it, i leave my doors unlocked often and sometimes on occasion i may miss-wire something so if i went and got a $100-200 stereo and accidentally fried it or someone stole it then i would be upset. With a $50 one if it gets broken then so what I will be without tunes for a bit but it is livable. I have a pretty old expensive one in my 88 ranger from Pioneer that i had installed form Car Toys and it has a remote and everything. My brother has the truck and left the rear slider window open while he was gone and some kids stole the face plate. He said he would make sure he got a new one for me and he did off Ebay but low and behold it doesn't work right, you can't control anything from the face plate, only with the remote. At this point i am not upset anymore because that whole truck won't last much longer, especially the way it is being driven now

Washington Member Map
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Wow!! Dylan. Ya need some cheese to go with that Wine?

Really though I hear ya. I hate a thief. Mostly what I loose is things my girl friends walk off with or sell.

Ya I know, Find better girl friends. But at 60 I'll take what I can get.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Elder User

Quote:
At this point i am not upset anymore because that whole truck won't last much longer, especially the way it is being driven now
Whoa Dylan don't say that! You never know it could last way longer! Beside I rarely find Broncos in salvage yards so they must last a lifetime! Whenever something breaks down in my truck I just use it as an excuse to get a performance version of that part. My Bronco is going to last forever. Even if it means I'll have to put in a new engine someday, then another transmission, and axles and so on.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic y block View Post
Wow!! Dylan. Ya need some cheese to go with that Wine?

Really though I hear ya. I hate a thief. Mostly what I loose is things my girl friends walk off with or sell.

Ya I know, Find better girl friends. But at 60 I'll take what I can get.
Hell yeah! got any smooth cheddar ;] So far besides the faceplate dealio i have only had about $1.50 in change taken out of an 82 mustang i had, the only reason i found out was because my driver door wouldn't close all the way unless you slammed it. It was only on the first latch. The worst part was knowing someone had been in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones View Post
Whoa Dylan don't say that! You never know it could last way longer! Beside I rarely find Broncos in salvage yards so they must last a lifetime! Whenever something breaks down in my truck I just use it as an excuse to get a performance version of that part. My Bronco is going to last forever. Even if it means I'll have to put in a new engine someday, then another transmission, and axles and so on.
Haha Sorry to burst the bubble but i wasn't meaning ol TGM here, my bronco will last as long as i do. I ment my 88 ranger, it has over 250k miles and leaks coolant like no other. We pulled the water pump once and fixed it, now it is going again. It has the 2.9 V6 EFI engine which are very notorious for warping heads id you run them hard. I will admit it was a touch little thing when i had it but my brother beats every vehicle he has. The only one that ever put up with it was his 84 Bronco (fancy that ) and he traded that and some expensive tires for a VW Jetta that was a big POS. Anywho, the reason i say the Ranger won't last is because the way it is treated, it wasn't ment to be beat this hard and history proves that they don't stand the test even at lower miles. Plus my brother (ex-trucker) likes to shift without a clutch which will wear the trans down way faster. Even experienced semi truck drivers say never to do that.

What really suck though is the truck is still in my name, and i still own it. I can't get it back till he has a vehicle because i am his brother and i can't do that to him even if he runs it into the ground i just can't tell him that i want it back ASAP...

Washington Member Map
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

So i was at a car show and i saw someone using a 24oz beer can as their radiator overflow, that inspired me to fix mine up. Here is the end result.

Click the image to open in full size.

Since i can't legally drink beer i figured a 24 oz can of mountain dew would better fit me. I made my own bracket using pliers and an adjustable wrench to bend it, then i drilled the holes to mount it where the old one was. I also used a thin dark green wire to tie it down so i don't have it falling off, i would say it worked out great.

Washington Member Map
Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Elder User

Haha that's pretty good. I don't know if I would do that in my truck, but that's a pretty creative way to fix that!

My radiator overflow/windshield washer fluid reservoir's mounting tab broke, so it kinda rattles around... I have to pick up another one at a salvage yard that isn't messed up since the bracket and bolts I use keep coming loose. I have to replace my windshield washer lines too because I replaced my pump but still don't really get and fluid to my window.. its pretty annoying!

'96 Bronco XL | 302 | AFR 165 heads | M5OD | Saginaw PS | Bassani Headers and Y-pipe | Hooker Aerochamber muffler | Flex-a-lite 295 fan | MSD Cap/Rotor/Wires | 4" Rancho lift | 33" BFG All Terrains | 3G 130 alt
Old 08-03-2012, 02:31 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah, i had an old dirty milk jug that came with my truck and has holes in it. The fluid never really gets in there but it is more of a pre caution. I might have a picture of my old one.

As for the washer box, it stays on the fender but the little pump doesn't work and i don't have a sprayer head head for the end of the hose. I mainly keep it there to keep my PS line from rubbing on the fender. It is a bit long.

Well turns out i don't have any pics of it. If it is still in the garbage tomorrow i will try to get a pic of it. It is pretty bad.

Washington Member Map
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
That is a cool idea. Quite a few years ago when coils were round and would fit inside a soda can, I had thought about cutting the top off of a Pepsi can and covering my coil with it, but I never did get a round to doing it.

Jim
Old 08-03-2012, 06:08 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah i have seen people with that and with soda can skins around the dry cell battery cells. It seems like kind of a nifty idea but i will wait till the need arises. For my overflow, it was needed because the old one had holes and overall looked like s**t Eventually i will get a picture of the old one.

Washington Member Map
Old 08-03-2012, 06:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1995, 94, black, bronco, broncos, compartment, engine, flareside, ford, forum, gears, photograps, photos, pictures, stock, trucks, xlt