Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Freshman User

justgunner is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/...6351936_n1.jpg
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Thats pretty nice looking gunner. You know if you add [i*mg] [/*img] on either side of the link oyu posted, it will post the picture to the website intead of just a link
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgunner View Post

Like this. Nice bronco.

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Freshman User

ok here goes
Click the image to open in full size.
its a 1981 ranger xlt 351 2v no rust,( well a small spot on the tailgate),.it needs little stuff,. a screw here,.adjustment there,.mostly it needs the fibreglass top coated ,.it was a good deal

Last edited by justgunner; 07-29-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added text
Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Elder User

Bubba Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That's a real nice Bronco. My second favorite style next to the one I got. I almost picked up one like that before I got mine, but the dealership place was closed when I went to go look at it, then I saw mine on autotrader the next day.

You could get good results spray painting the fiberglass top for a cheap fix, especially if it is matte black. I spray painted mine maybe 7 months ago or longer and so far is holding up great to the Arizona weather. That's a good looking truck though.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
I agree with Bubba on the paint, But make sure you do it indoors in a vented area, the wind will really screw it up. I tried painting over my bare fiberglass on my 78, but i made the mistake of doing it on the side of my house where the wind funnels through and really made things difficult. I was also using a cheapo paint that didn't match but whatever, no one won't see it.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Freshman User

Bronkosaurus is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just love your truck mister Gunner !
The Full Size Bronk Model Of My Dream

I missed one like your ( 84 ) Black
By Half hour to late to close the sale !

So , because of the choice in the Full size Bronk's market is so limited ,
( in fact here , Quebec, Canada )
I finaly got my self a 1988 XLT.
Not my favorite model ... but now he got some persenality !
Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Nice looking Bronco Gunner, I too think it is the second best looking style for Broncos. What are your plans for it?

Jim
Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Freshman User

i just want to get the bugs out for now,.like i said little things, missing screws,.a side mold,.it really needs a radio,. theres a small chinese one in there and it sucks,.and shaft radios are pricey,.it could use paint the paint on it is faded in spots and worn thru but no cancer rust,.but paint can wait,.i'm a hot rod guy so flat black with clear will be fine,.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:30 AM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

I got a radio from Walmart for $50, it has aux in for listening to an MP3 player or whatever and it takes CDs if thats the way you go. I needed to buy all the hardware to mount it though but it went pretty well. I also have an amp and sub wired in that sounds pretty nice with it's fiberglass surroundings.

Here is what it looks like. It is kind of cheaply made but even a cheap stereo can sound good with the right equipment

I even bought a new plastic trim for the dash from the junkyard to replace my broken one and to give me a fresh slate to cut a good hole in it.

Then i did all my own wire work to straighten out the old mess the PO left me, There was a lot of chopped up wiring. Then the easy part was speakers and my sub system.

This is the sub, it is 2 10", they don't thump hard enough to annoy people but enough to add depth to my music. I paired it with a 4 channel amp that i screwed onto the top of the box. It worked out well and doesn't slide around.

Then when the 78 bronco was manufactured they were built with a single dash speaker in the middle and you had the option of 2 6" door speakers. Well i accidentally blew out my dash one one night and settled on a pair of cheap $25 speakers from Walmart again, and decided to fit them in the doors.

It was kind of a PITA because i had to drill a hole from the inside under the dash into the door jam to poke a wire through but it all worked out in the end.

The factory door panels came with slots for speakers if you had them so i didn't have to cut anything, they fit right in and don't touch the speaker unless you push on it.

All in all for a "redneck" stereo system i find it to be pretty awesome, and the only electrical issue i have is when i use a car charger in the cigar lighter it makes the radio flicker. Thats because i wired in the constant 12v for the deck into the power wire for the lighter. Though the little heating coil broke off and was stuck on the end of the charger so that may have been the issue.

This has been "A history of TGM's radio system" By GruesomeJeans

Washington Member Map
Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Looks good Dylan. My dash is all hacked up as well. I need to get some tunes in mine shortly.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Elder User

Bubba Jones is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That does look pretty good. However, I was thinking of getting subs.. but I don't really need that much bass and the biggest issue is that I want the space in the back to put stuff. Subs just take up too much space for my taste and I already carry my toolbox in the back so I would be running out of room fast. I'm more concerned about getting rear interior quarter panels first though before I do any more sound system adjustments. I already have a CD deck and decent Kicker speakers so I'm set for now. I would love to get a center console though and reroute my iPod wiring inside that instead of my glove box..
Old 07-31-2012, 06:31 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Yeah having a sub does limit the space now, but i can still fold my back seat down and pile stuff back there. I have 2 toolboxes in there, once metal one with drawers and stuff to keep the essentials like a hammer and WD-40 and other sprays to play with, then i got spools of wiring incase i need them. Then i have a tool kit n a cheapo plastic folding case that i got from Walmart to fix any issues i have. I want to get a new tool box cause mine was "stolen" from my brother when he moved out so it was all banged up and the latches don't work. But it keeps tools organized somewhat so it's good enough for me. As for speakers mine are small and don't produce much sound and i figured since i enjoy some bass with my music and now i have the room i might as well use them. The box alone weighs about 70 pounds so if someone wants to go through the work of hauling it out of the back then they can have it... It sucked putting it in.

Washington Member Map
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Junior User

96broncoXlt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's mine...

1999 Moto Guzzi V11 EV [for sale]
1976 Moto Guzzi V1000 I-Convert
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

Thats a pretty nice 96 Marshall, I am grooving on the bumper on the front. I noticed you got a bit of a dent on the rear, plans for that?

Washington Member Map
Old 07-31-2012, 10:25 PM