Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
Mike actually the up pipes aren't in the way of the banjo bolts. And yes you could pull banjo bolts to do injectors and I do believe some do and some guys don't pull them when installing injectors.

Robin I really don't think you would see an increase in fuel pressure but if there is any actual increase with this modd I would think it would be in gph of flow that you would see an increase. The only real experience I have with increasing size to fuel is in marine. And when going with going from a single carb to a blower with dual carb you need to go from 3/8 line to a 1/2 lines at 4-8psi. And you can NOT increase fuel pressure over 8psi due to the needle & seat in the carb. Because with a 3/8 line dual carbs at 4-8psi you get a lean condition. I know it is totally different in a 7.3 diesel but any increase in size will let you increase gph. So to truely test this modd I would love to see the #'s on gph of flow at wot.

Click the image to open in full size.
This is a photo of the Early banjo bolt modded to 7/32. Now I have seen where guys go with 1/4" and I personally feel that size weakens the bolt shaft.

Click the image to open in full size.
Also here is a photo of the two different style banjo bolts the 7.3 has. The modded bolt on the right is out of a Early99 and the unmodded bolt is out of a 02 courtesy of Larrythe handyman "Thanks Larry " Just incase you go to replace the oring there are 2 different orings. Bob/ Diesel Orings has both. Also I did end up modded the late model bolt too but you can only go about 5/32 without getting into the longer shank on the bolt and I felt it was a better modd.

Now I did this not because I am in search of huge hp#'s or because I thought I would see or feel any improvement but because I felt it can't hurt to make it easier for the fuel to get to the injectors. Besides I was replacing the orings anyways.

Now the Strickly Diesel banjo bolts have alot more going for them other than increasing flow. They are made out of SS and use a copper washers instead fo STUPID orings. 7.3L Banjo Bolt Kit
Ed PAA#121 "It's a sick world but I am a happy guy"
E99 F350 Lariat CC DRW 215k: 4" MBRP,up&down pipes coated/wrapped, bellows, T500, Kuzz4R100, TruCool, CCV with catch can, 50cent, E99 turbo/1.0 w.g.turbine, T.M. wastegate, EBPV delete,470-ohm, hutch/harpoon, A/C shim, K&N, Smoked lights

'76 E350 DRW/26' Holiday Ramber 460 4bl C6 : Autometer gauges
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1961, 60, 64, 73, 97, banjo, bolt, bolts, diesel, f350, ford, fuel, rail, strictly, upgraded