Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Senior User

Hdfunone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok. Help

How do you turn off the inside reverse alarm. Drives me crazy when backing up my truck with trailer. On my flex you just hit the rest button. The info center? Also just got my new 6.7 and the gear I was in used to show on the info center, now it does't????
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior User

whiteywhip is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexustbs View Post
all you need to do is run a power wire from a upfitter switch to the rear of the truck. Install a relay that when you put power to it, it will connect the reverse alarm to the stock wiring, thus turning on the relay. Or you could wire it so that when you flip the upfitter switch, it will shut off the alarm. Real simple.
is there anyway to tap into the reverse alarm under the dash someplace instead of running a hot wire all the way to the back??....maybe there is a wiring diagram
Old 09-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
I originally put a weatherproof switch on mine and have since switched over to the upfitter thanks to Beevil. The problem with the under dash approach is that the reverse lights are tied into the same circuit. If you were to cut into the lead upfront after the reverse switch, you would also deactivate your reverse lights. Unfortunately the only way to do it is to run a wire from the upfitter to the back.

Search for a thread with Beevil on it. The description of what we did is in that thread.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Here is the thread: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...hime-help.html
Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Senior User

thanks.....looks clear now on what to do
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Senior User

Found it

All you have to do is go into your system screen . You can turn it off from there!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdfunone View Post
All you have to do is go into your system screen . You can turn it off from there!
you are talking about the back up sensors not the back up beeper....right?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdfunone View Post
I think we are talking about two different things in this thread. Some are asking about the reverse sensor alarm and how to shut it off. You are correct that you can shut it off from the display.

Some of us have a backup alarm that comes on when you put the truck in reverse. It comes on whether there is something behind you or not. It sounds like a construction vehicle alarm. There is no way to deactivate it from the display. The thread I provided describes how to use one of the upfitter switches to deactivate it.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Senior User

Oh!!!!! Sorry
Old 09-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, alarm, back, backup, beep, diesel, disable, ecoboost, exterior, f150, f250, f350, ford, forum, reverse, truck, turn