Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2011, 12:15 PM
New User

Undadabus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Key with fob for Connect

We just picked up our new Transit. It is supposed to have two keys with remote fob on key. The spare furnished did not work and now the dealer seems at a loss as to how to get a duplicate key. Is there a source for these? It needs to fit a 2011 model and have the remote on the key.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Senior User

fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
The dealer would be getting me another key cut. They can get them there just very expensive. sounds like they don't want to have to pay for it.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
New User

Undadabus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Transit key

I really think they have never replaced one before. They were saying they might have to go to Turkey. The van was in another dealer's stock and my dealer located it and traded for it but when they delivered it the second key was for a different van. The first dealer can't find the key.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Elder User

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undadabus View Post
I really think they have never replaced one before. They were saying they might have to go to Turkey.
I've been to several dealers to look at TC's over the last couple of years. None of them was able to replace a TC key on the spot, much less a remote control. All of them would have had to order a key from elsewhere in the USA. I don't know where spare remote controls come from.
2001 F150 4.2L gas, bought at 11,000 miles & have 108,000 on it. Getting 14 mpg around town & 17-21 mpg on interstates depending on wind & slopes. I replaced my rusted out radiator core support in my backyard last winter, it only too me 5 months. If I'm lucky I can use this truck another 3 or 4 years before it falls apart from rust.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Just FYI on the remote fobs, about any of the 99-on fobs work. I have one fob that's programmed to everybody in the family's Fords (about 8 ) and it works on my TC also. Not a solution for the key but an alternative to the remote.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 06-12-2011, 08:37 PM