1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

F-100 V-Ring Seal, Where Does it Go

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
AGirlsCAClassic
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-100 V-Ring Seal, Where Does it Go

Over the weekend we took apart our F-100, it is a '69 4X4, with '79 Bronco, 351 engine, steering gear / column, front axle dana 44, and c6 transmission, the rear end is all stock '69 parts. We replaced the steering gear box, flex joint, power steering pump, and steering dampening cylinder. We were working to correct a power steering leak, and loose steering.

On the test drive everything worked great!

Except...in the driveway I found this rubber seal that had fallen off of the truck as I drove out, or back in.

I have looked under the truck, under the hood, and through the repair manual, and cannot find where it came from. I am sure one of you has seen this part before.

On the seal it says, FORSHEDA V-RING V-170

Thanks so much!

Attached Images   
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM
AGirlsCAClassic
New User
Only at Our House

We figured it out!

Okay, this is going to sound, and is quite a mess.

While working on our truck. We decided to sharpen the blades on the riding mower. The thought occurred, lets pick up the lawnmower with the Gradall forklift. So, in the process of picking up the lawnmower, this ring seal came off of the forklift. Which actually has shafts large enough to need this type of a seal.

Both the truck and forklift have blue paint, the truck, used to be blue, but is now black, with blue parts underneath, and the forklift is Gradall blue. Somehow, with all of the work on the truck, we forgot all about having the forklift in the driveway as well, since, it had been put away much earlier in the day.

So, the long and the short, this part is not off of the truck, but off of the forklift. So...sorry for the posting. Only at our house :-)

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Mustangtoby2001
Senior User
I bet you could still find somwhere on the truck to put it, if you really wanted to. Around a headlight, maybe? Haha