1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hi from England

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Holmsey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dun Dreaming, I am also in UK (Cumbria) not been on here for a long time.. been enjoying my truck to much. I remember being where you are so well. Took me nearly 4yrs to do mine and nearly gave up so many times. The guys on here helped me through.
I am off to Santa Pod Drag strip this weekend (spectator) not been to drag racing for years, taking my mate (who has been very poorly) and his lad bring back memories.

Good luck with the build looks like a cool Truck if I can help in anyway just give us a shout.
If you want to see my build up go to my web site UK Hot Rods: News, tech, for UK hot rods, street rods and kustoms and there is a link at the bottom of the page My Truck.
I will make sure I use this site more as it did help me with build for sure a massive wealth of knowledge. Cheers

Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Dun Dreamin
Junior User
Hi holmsey dont know if you got my pm but basiclysaid if you where going for the weekend to pop round for a beer and a chat started looking at your thread last night at 9.30 and at 11.00pm i thought i better go to bed it is amazing what you have done you deserve a medal ,your truck is everything i hope mine will be. The colour is fantastic if you had nt done it that colour i would have painted it that colour, will look forward to reading the rest of the thread hope to meet you at the pod cheers Dave

Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Holmsey
Senior User
Thanks for the great comments Dave. The truck ended up not as I fist intended. It was to be a matt finished hack, with modern..ish running gear to keep up with modern traffic, that I wouldn't be afraid to use or park anywhere. I got talked into a professional paint job that was when it took a totally different route ;o)
I am pleased with it, I wanted a 60's show truck vibe but with a modern twist. Sometimes I think I have taken to much of the old truck look away, but it is what it is and does cause a stir. Cheers.
P.S seeya at the Pod!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Dun Dreamin
Junior User
Had another bad day, why do people say there going to come round and never turn up? dont know if I can carry on on my own as I dont have the knowledge! Dont even know what questions to ask? feeling really down, my dream seems to be slipping away.
Waited nearly three months for my so called mate to come round let me down yet again, P%&$$£d off

Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Holmsey
Senior User
Keep the faith Dave, honest if I can do it, anyone can.
Dont think of the whole job as it will do your head in. Just think of the one job you need to do and tackle that and that only. Start with an easy task, then do another. Dont give up just keep at it.,.
What job are you stuck on?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
jazzydog
Junior User
Don't give up mate, there are low points and highs in a project like we are all doing, you're on a low but things will get better - keep going - one small step at a time - good luck - keep chin up !

Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Dun Dreaming, I hear your pain and understand... Just remember that we are here online and are willing to help some. If you have questions and/or need an ear... Post it... If you don't know what to call it post it with a pic... Someone will speak up...

Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Dun Dreamin
Junior User
Originally Posted by Holmsey
Keep the faith Dave, honest if I can do it, anyone can.
Dont think of the whole job as it will do your head in. Just think of the one job you need to do and tackle that and that only. Start with an easy task, then do another. Dont give up just keep at it.,.
What job are you stuck on?
Was suppose to fit some extensions for the power steering as the original one was short, in the instructions that came with it it says you have to drill the pins out which I think I have done but when I try to undo it it wont budge don't dare force it as don't want to damage anything!!!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Dun Dreamin
Junior User
Thanks Guys for the support I should stop whinging and just try to get on with it!!!! I know its not going to be easy but some things just seem to be beyond my ability but I will try honest !!!!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
Originally Posted by Dun Dreamin
Was suppose to fit some extensions for the power steering as the original one was short, in the instructions that came with it it says you have to drill the pins out which I think I have done but when I try to undo it it wont budge don't dare force it as don't want to damage anything!!!!!
post a picture of what you are working with. Chances are somebody will have done it or know how to do it.

jim

Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 PM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
Hi Dun, these guys are great AND willing to help, just post several pictures so they can see what you are talking about and they will help you formulate a plan. I feel your pain regarding lack of experience, not knowing how to move forward.....be patient and before you know it you will be past this problem and staring at your next one!
Good luck!
Wade

Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Dun Dreamin
Junior User
Hi will post some pics tomorrow thanks guys. Heard Micheal Caine on radio today and he said something that gave me the will to carry this through he said " if you haven`t got any dreams whats the point of life" (and not a lotta people know that) lol

Old 06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
That is true Dun.If life didnt have problems it would be very boring and mundane

Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Dun Dreamin
Junior User
Help

Just when you are making headway something comes up and kicks you in the ****. Just tried to fit the engine and low and behold the sump hits the cross member As you can see by the photos.
I have been reading the FTE and this has been the problem with some of your trucks. Can anybody suggest a solution or offer any advice to resolve this, possible a shallower sump if they are available or a modification to the crossmember with without losing some of the strength, i think i need about 1 to 1½" clearance

Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,449 Likes on 1,396 Posts
Yes, your problem is you have the traditional front sump oil pan, when you need the rear sump designed to be used with rack and pinion steering/suspension. Google 302 rear sump oil pan and you'll see what you need.

Quick Reply: Hi from England