Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Posting Guru

NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.
A few Ecoboost pics from underneath

I finally got a chance to get my Ecoboost on the lift today to look around at the under side.Just incase you haven't had a chance to look at your EB from down under I took a few pics.If there are any other pics you want to see just let me know and I can get some in the near future.I was surprised at how rusty my front driveshaft is considering my truck was built less than a month ago and its only been rained on once since I've had it.I need to hit it with some Rustbullet.

Click on hyperlinks below to view pics.

Underneath pic with covers
Underneath pic without covers
Electric steering rack
Exhaust
LH Turbo (just aft of the exhaust manifold; arrow points to the exhaust housing )
Pretty rugged looking rear diff.
Random pic 1
Random pic 2

92 Bronco
Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Beautiful rig and thanks for the pics! I'm still trying to figure out why a 36 gallon tank in not available with the EB trucks.

Anyone have an insight on this?
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-01-2011, 07:03 AM
New User

12secrd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did you change your FX4 decal? I noticed the X is not Red.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Posting Guru

NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secrd View Post
Did you change your FX4 decal? I noticed the X is not Red.
I got some scrap pieces of black vinyl from my friends sign shop and cut out some black X's and covered up the red.

92 Bronco
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
9.75 rearend that used to be 5.4L exclusive on the F150. It's a good unit.

I must say that the turbos and such look like a mechanics nightmare.

Is that a piece of flex pipe just in front of the muffler? Hard to tell from the camera angle.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins
Beautiful rig and thanks for the pics! I'm still trying to figure out why a 36 gallon tank in not available with the EB trucks.

Anyone have an insight on this?
Thanks Tim
It don't know but I have a gut feeeling it will be available in the 2012s.That will get the Ecoboosts selling like hot cakes again early next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxMan1 View Post
9.75 rearend that used to be 5.4L exclusive on the F150. It's a good unit.

I must say that the turbos and such look like a mechanics nightmare.

Is that a piece of flex pipe just in front of the muffler? Hard to tell from the camera angle.
It looks like a mini catalytic converter, but I don't know if it is a cat. It is wrapped with strands of steel woven together and is very solid.

92 Bronco
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)

Tags
2011, 35l, 36, boost, eco, ecoboost, f150, forum, fuel, fx4, gallon, picture, raptor, tank, truck