Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Senior User

ecoastkid is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Watkins Glen Lightning Video

Some of you might know me from some of the Lightning forums (havent been very active lately)_but I've been coming over here since I bought my excursion.

I'm going to be running my truck at SVT superfest in may and im getting pretty excited. I figured I'd finally upload a bumpercam vid I took of some laps at Watkins last summer. Figured you guys might like to see.

YouTube - Laps at Watkins Glen Summer 2010
Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Just saw this thread. Welcome to FTE bro.

What's the pedigree on your Ex? V10? 6.0? 7.3?

Stewart

PS - I haven't been active on the L forums for the past few years. I haven't Been to LightningRodder, SVTP or NLOC in a looooooong time.

PSS - Love the vid! I haven't driven my L in months. I miss the whine!
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Just saw this thread. Welcome to FTE bro.

What's the pedigree on your Ex? V10? 6.0? 7.3?

Stewart

PS - I haven't been active on the L forums for the past few years. I haven't Been to LightningRodder, SVTP or NLOC in a looooooong time.

PSS - Love the vid! I haven't driven my L in months. I miss the whine!

The Ex is an 04 V10 limited. Bone stock. Ill be duplicating your suspension this summer hopefully for towing and in prep form my plow.

I was kicked of nloc a long time ago after I complained about a vendor product. Lol. Never looked back. Svtp lost its tech edge (too much dude.check out my wing!) So I ended up at LR. I haven't been very active their either tho

Wanna know something funny? Until I saw this vid, I had not heard the whine in a long time since my exhaust is so loud. Lol
Old 05-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoastkid View Post

The Ex is an 04 V10 limited. Bone stock.
Yeah, I just saw your "Hello" thread in the Ex forum.

Quote:
Ill be duplicating your suspension this summer hopefully for towing and in prep form my plow.
You gonna go with the V codes? I know the V10 is a bit lighter up front, but you might wanna consider the W code springs up front.

Quote:
I was kicked of nloc a long time ago after I complained about a vendor product. Lol. Never looked back.
Yeah, I know Big D can be fierce when it comes to stuff like that, especially if there's a "J" in the front, an "L" in the middle, and a "P" in the back.

Quote:
Svtp lost its tech edge (too much dude.check out my wing!)
A lot of the vets seemed to leave about the time I started looking to my diesel to mod. Chris sold his L, I know LL took a leave, and I saw when I visited last year that Scott was trying to sell his L, etc....

Quote:
So I ended up at LR. I haven't been very active their either tho
Yep, me too. Just as L/Rodder was picking up steam (when a bunch of guys got pizzed off a Big D and came over from NLOC), that was about the time I lost interest in my L and started to seriously mod both of my 7.3's.

Quote:
Wanna know something funny? Until I saw this vid, I had not heard the whine in a long time since my exhaust is so loud. Lol
LOL. I had to mute my long tubes or I'd have been pulled over every time I took it out. Had an OEM cat welded on to each pipe, but that's not working out too well. I'm gonna have to have the whole exhaust re-done. I'll probably pull the long tubes, sell 'em, and put a set of CA smog legal shorties on with the stock cats. Need to pull these WMS heads off too because I'm tired of paying for a smog cert. Need to pass above board.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Senior User

Quote:
You gonna go with the V codes? I know the V10 is a bit lighter up front, but you might wanna consider the W code springs up front.
I was looking at that...I think the v codes will be ok. I'm not going to be plowing that much...just my driveway and maybe a few others...no big lots..nothing commercial.

Quote:
Yeah, I know Big D can be fierce when it comes to stuff like that, especially if there's a "J" in the front, an "L" in the middle, and a "P" in the back.
lol...so true...my demise came when i complained about the popular oil seperator. The guy actually had a sale after i was kicked and his coupon code was "ecoastkid"...haha...I told everyone to thank me and use the savings to buy the better pieces I was complaining about

Quote:
A lot of the vets seemed to leave about the time I started looking to my diesel to mod. Chris sold his L, I know LL took a leave, and I saw when I visited last year that Scott was trying to sell his L, etc....
Def sad ...all i know is unless my kids are starving, I'll never sell!

Quote:
LOL. I had to mute my long tubes or I'd have been pulled over every time I took it out. Had an OEM cat welded on to each pipe, but that's not working out too well. I'm gonna have to have the whole exhaust re-done. I'll probably pull the long tubes, sell 'em, and put a set of CA smog legal shorties on with the stock cats. Need to pull these WMS heads off too because I'm tired of paying for a smog cert. Need to pass above board.

Stewart
Mine wasn't originally one of the loudest L's ever..haha

Shortest version of the story ever.

1. Had long tubes into cats into dynatech
2. Bolt came out of intercooler and went through the motor at pocono raceway
3. drove it home thinking it was a bad vaccum leak..haha...This dumped a ton or raw fuel down the exhaust
4. fixed motor
5. something wasnt right
6. Exhaust blew off the header at 100 mph or so in the "S's" at the glen...scared the crap outta me
7. Gutted the clogged cats and was back out on the track next session with a few burns on my hands..haha

Due to the higher compression, massively ported heads, stage 2 crower high lifts, steigy stage 4 ported eaton with a +10 pound lower....its LOUD!!!

Here is some random dude who video'd me in myrtle beach while the cats were clogged...now they flow freely..

Listen to what the guys says at the end
YouTube - Mustang Week 2009 Blue Lightning

Here is what it sounds like now. (Wife taping..lol)
YouTube - Bye Bye Corvette.AVI
Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM

Yup, out here in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, you'd be getting tickets left and right!

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
blown, engine, f150, ford, lightning, superfest, svt, video