1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conclusion to the running board warranty issue...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,193 Likes on 573 Posts
Conclusion to the running board warranty issue...

Picked up my truck with one new running board today. So, after MANY calls and much complaining, Ford did the right thing. It was bittersweet though. While my truck was in, I asked the dealer to check some other ongoing issues that I had told them about before. One is my doors squeak going over the slightest road imperfections. I wanted them to either adjust the doors or change the gaskets. I had a post on here last year asking if this was normal for super cabs and the response was a resounding no. The next issue was to have them check a vibration in the driveline I have when I let off the gas at about 75. It happens as I coast down to about 65 and has been getting worse since the truck has about 5k miles. The last is, when my truck was in to first get the running board issue going, I had the dealer put an inspection sticker on. Well when they plugged into the vehicles computer to do the sticker the truck kicked out a code that the trailer brake controller was bad. It had been working fine, but ok, change it. While prying it out of the dash the dealer managed to nick up my wood grain dash panel around the controller. So, I asked them to replace what they damaged. Well, back to today, I picked up the truck to find a new running board and that's it. I am told that there is no vibration and what I'm feeling is my 20" (stock) tires combined with my HD airbag suspension. What nonsense. The truck has had this vibration since it was 6 months old and the air bags weren't installed until a year later. Then they tell me the door noise is normal for a super cab and may be a bit louder than normal again because I have air bags!! Ok, I ask them to take a ride with me and I will let all the air out of the system. (Only had 11 lbs in it, but for the sake of arguement, well go with zero pressure.) Nope, it's normal and they hand me my keys. Only when I get half way home steaming, do I remember about my dash that they damaged which OF COURSE is not fixed. Guess it's really time for a new dealer and maybe another call to Ford customer service. Oh well, at least I have my running board....

PS: I almost forgot. For a minute I thought they didn't even bother test driving my truck because the door noise and vibration is so obvious.... well, until I got home and found where the tech had brought a coffee with him on the test drive and spilled it all down the front of my center console! Probably not his fault. Probably because of my air bags.........

If anyone is shopping a vehicle or service, stay away from Ford of Northampton in MA.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate when that kind of stuff happens. That kind of service is full of it.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
the majority of dealers are this way, all the dealers in my local area laid off all the older techs and hired all new 12 year old punks that don't know what i distributor cap is just so they can pay them less than half of the old guys who use to be there. Plus i like how they blame your airbags for door flex noises??? my 2004 did the same thing and the dealer installed brand new gaskets and the noise went away, i now wipe the seals down with silicon spray every couple of months to keep them nice.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,193 Likes on 573 Posts
Yeah, they were looking for any excuse to get me out the door without fixing anything. I have another dealer equal distance from me, maybe a touch closer. Will see if I can get a relationship going with them. I did file a formal complaint with Ford today about them and the district rep said she would be getting on them about this mess.