Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT... Tornado Outbreak, Prayers Sent

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
00Dave
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OT... Tornado Outbreak, Prayers Sent

I know there are several folks that I have seen on here that reside in states where the weather has been devastating as of recent. I don't know if anyone lives in or close to an area that was hit by these massive storms, but I wanted anyone and everyone who has been affected to know that there are people praying for you. I live in a state that is known for tornadoes. In Oklahoma, we experience them every year, some are very devestating. Last year there was one that came within less than 2 miles from our home. When I worked for a City, one came through and I experienced clean up first hand. It is an overwhelming feeling of how small we are compared to the destruction Mother Nature can leave. So just know that it will take some time to rebound and that other people that have experienced this care and are thinking of each of you. God Bless you and remember that He will carry your burdens if you turn to Him.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Dave, I drove thru a part of NC yesterday where there was a path of distruction that hit a "new construction" neighborhood. I really gives you a lump in your throat.
Prayers sent to those affected

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you Dave. That is very considerate. We had a tornado less than a mile from my house a few weeks ago. It is a very scary event. Last night they were everywhere here in N.E. Tn. Many people died from our area. We spent the better part of the night with our kids, 5 yrs and 11 months, in the closet under a mattress. Not very fun times at all.
God Blees those that suffered.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
bama29fan
Posting Guru
i was thinking about you guys up there....they were showing stuff on TWC and i saw Newport on the map....any word on the KOA?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for putting out the thread. I was looking for the right way to say something, I think you covered it.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
00Dave
Posting Guru
Hey Neal, glad to hear you are all safe. Last year when we had a storm, my daughter was 4. She was worried about her horse, so I put on her bike helmet and ran through the hail to bring the horse into the garage. Try to explain to a 4 year old that the horse can't go to the storm shelter if we have to.

Thanks for the compliment Pat. It is hard to find the words for someone that might be going through a hard time, so I just did the best I could.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Bitterbeard
Junior User

Waiting for a good charity to pop up to send some assistant to the folks in that area, anybody know of any good local charities?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
joeyd61
Posting Guru
I agree, we live appx 15 miles south of Ringold Ga, The town is in very bad shape today...last night was a long night....prayers are sent to our northern friends

Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
puller45
Senior User
Originally Posted by just another truck
Thanks for putting out the thread. I was looking for the right way to say something, I think you covered it.
X2 Same from here, prayers sent.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Prayers sent to those affected. Ray and Amanda know ten families that lost their homes just down the road from them. I think that Bdrummonds' parents lost their home in AL.

Originally Posted by bama29fan
i was thinking about you guys up there....they were showing stuff on TWC and i saw Newport on the map....any word on the KOA?
I called the KOA this morning. They didn't have any damages, just a few small limbs broke out of trees.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by hucka1a
Prayers sent to those affected. Ray and Amanda know ten families that lost their homes just down the road from them. I think that Bdrummonds' parents lost their home in AL.

I called the KOA this morning. They didn't have any damages, just a few small limbs broke out of trees.
Huck, Mom and dad are safe, but their house was severely damaged by straight line winds of over 125MPH snapping a 100 year old oak tree that ended up in their house. I was just at mom and dads last weekend helping clean up from the storms from previous week to get ready for all the grandkids to come over for Easter.

The tornado that hit the Eclectic area of Elmore County went over my house last night and dropped to the ground a few miles from my house.
and if any of you remember the story of Boones Chapel Baptist Church from two weeks ago, well, that is only 6 miles from my house. to say I am sick of tornados is an understatement.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the prays. we just got the power back on. i live 35 miles for Tuscaloosa that got hit by the EF5 and i had 3 pass less than a miles form me. i dont know how much they have shown on tv but the city has been leaved what i have seen there was no way for a house to stand up to it. we have tornadoes do here a lot but there is no way to prepare for this.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:45 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prayers sent hope everyone is ok

Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
00Dave
Posting Guru
Brandon, glad all the family is ok.
Matt, you are absolutely right, there is know way to prepare for a tornado of that magnitude. There was one that came through central Oklahoma a few years back. Stayed on the ground for several miles. They posted a map from the air that showed the path. Everything was leveled and there was a dirt trail that you could follow for miles.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's a video of a flyover surveying the damage in Tuscaloosa:

YouTube - Tuscaloosa Tornado Damage Aerials Part 1

Quick Reply: OT... Tornado Outbreak, Prayers Sent