Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Elder User

barthel has a good reputation on FTE.barthel has a good reputation on FTE.
JayBarthel
Intro

Hi All,

I got a message to come by and introduce myself to the SoCal chapter, so here I am!

My name's Jay, I live in Torrance. I'm married with 3 kids. I drive a 2000 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4 with the 6.8L V-10. It's lifted (6 or so inches, not really sure) and had 164K miles on it. I'm currently running Goodyear MTR Kevlar's on it but will be changing them soon as they're starting to wear and are really LOUD!!! I bought the truck about 2 months ago mostly to pull my toy hauler in comfort and ease. I had an F150 4.6L prior but it was difficult pulling the hauler with that truck. I seem to be a Ford guy through and through as my "fun" car is a 1994 Mustang GT convertible.

I've learned a TON on this forum so far and am damn glad to be a part of it. You guys rock!

"0-60 takes 5 and a half seconds...and about 17 gallons of fuel...."
Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Welcome to the SoCal chapter Jay.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Hey! We were in your fair city on Sunday morning at Sport Chalet. They had the last remaining Caravan Canopy Traveler model in SoCal, so I had to travel down from Reseda to get it. Great buncha' kids working there! Then, off to King's Hawaiian for a Spam & Eggs breakfast! Mmmmm.

You've found a very good place to hang out in cyberspace, as the information flows freely here about these trucks. Questions are answered quickly and accurately.

I also have a 2000, a 7.3 long-bed, crew-cab (see sig below), and I have learned sooooo much about it over the years. I'm confident that there's very little I couldn't tackle to keep it in tip-top shape (at least mechanically, 'cause I don't wax it...).

So welcome aboard FTE SoCal! A good place, indeed!

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Negus Negast

OGTerror is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the forum, I'm in Yorba Linda and have some friends who go off roading with me every so often. One who lives in Gardena, the other in Torrance and another in Van nuys. Maybe we can hook up sometime after my truck gets done. You can follow my updates here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...d-f-150-a.html

Here is our last outing about a year ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAmea8UdP7Q

YouTube - Gorman Meet and Greet Easter 2010.mp4
Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 PM

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Very impressive story-telling, filming, and editing skills!

Are you a professional or semi-pro?

Film background? Production equipment?

Nice!

Pop
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Negus Negast

Thanks for the compliments but Na man, I wish I was a pro, just bought the software and learnt to edit as I went, trial and error kind of thing you know.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGTerror View Post
Thanks for the compliments but Na man, I wish I was a pro, just bought the software and learnt to edit as I went, trial and error kind of thing you know.
What do you edit on?

Again, very-nice skills, especially for self-taught!

Pop
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Negus Negast

Once again thanks for the compliments; I use Pinnacle Studio V11.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Elder User

JayBarthel
OGT,

I have to agree with Springer, AWESOME vids!!! I love offroading, I actually belong to a 4X4 club and drove a Jeep for years (trying to sell it since I got the SD) and one of our members owns the off road school out there in Gorman. Don't offroad the Jeep too much anymore, now it's mostly quads and my truck. We go out to the desert (JV & Rasor) quite a few times in the winter/spring. Hooking up for an offroad run sounds great.

Springer, I spend a fair amount of time at that Sport Chalet too. I only live a few miles from there. Next time you're at King's for breakfast order the Loco Moco. I swear you can feel your arteries clogging while you're eating it!!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthel View Post
Next time you're at King's for breakfast order the Loco Moco. I swear you can feel your arteries clogging while you're eating it!!!!
Eggs GOTTA be scrambled hard, not poached. Loco Moco is out for me, but they've got great muffins.

The staff at that Sport Chalet was extremely helpful, as well. We bought a pedometer and the sales clerk got out a 100-foot tape, measured my wife's stride very accurately, and set up the whole thing for her, taking at least fifteen minutes to get it right. Of course, the store wasn't busy at all at 10AM on Easter Sunday, but she took the time to help out us technologically-challenged Ol' Farts, just the same.

Pop
Old 05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Welcome Jay ( though I like to call u the Stig). I lived in Torrence from '63-'67 on Ladeene Ave. Agree, great video OGT, Goreman is great during the week in the spring.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 05-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Elder User

JayBarthel
Some say that he's a CIA experiment gone wrong, and that he only eats cheese.

All we know is, he's NOT the Stig, he's the Stig's fat American Cousin......=)

Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
He wasn't always like that

Click the image to open in full size.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Elder User

JayBarthel
HA HA, I had that same pic as my wallpaper for a while. Love it!!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM